Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'Nucks vs Kings 2012 Playoffs Round 1

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bruce Boudreau said last night on HNIC he'd switch it up even though Lou's played fairly well.

I can't believe how well the Kings are playing and how badly the 'Nucks are.
They look terrible out there and the Kings have completely shut us down.

We are in fcuking trouble....

Are you that shocked, I predicted we would lose this series in 6. It's obviously far from over and the Canucks can definitely turn this series around. I just hated completely changing the way we played and the way we were built 1.5 months before playoffs. They traded away a 20 goal scorer who runs the second power play unit and a head injury to our top scorer leaves us with two 20+ goal scorers in our line-up. What about what you saw from Kessler made any of you think "Beast Mode" was going to magically appear in the playoffs. One great series Canucks fans, one. Outside of that he is a great shutdown two way forward not an offensive juggernaught. The concept of making our third line a shut down line so Kessler could be free of those duties to free up his offensive game seemed a risky move. I look at our top 3 lines and really don't see how it is better then LA. Would we still be down 2-0 with CoHo? maybe but would we have another significant scoring threat even if he was on the wing, absolutely. What has Kassian brought that has helped us thus far that can even come close to what Hodgson brought?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not shocked, but quite disappointed. Kessler has been a shadow of himself since before Christmas. Not "Beast Mode" but a guy who is talented enough to score 40 goals despite tight checking over the regular season last year. It's called playing to your potential; something he's been woefully short of this season.

What else is missing? Paraphrasing what I said earlier, a sense of defensive responsibility. You don't win games by making 4 brain-dead giveaways in your own end. Taking the fcuking Kings seriously would help, too. So would having a coach who could figure out why his team's power play hasn't worked since it beat Boston.

What has Kassian brought? Nothing for this year; he would always have been next year's model at best. Not sure how anyone could ever have thought otherwise; if he makes any impact at all, look for it in a couple of years from now.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you that shocked,

I suppose not shocked at how well the Kings are playing I guess - They're a good team and have a good coach.
Nothing comes easy in the West and the difference between 1st and 8th is marginal - It's a tough conference.
But I am shocked with how poorly we've showed up here.

We need a win tonight in the worst way and it needs to be a statement.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have scored 8 goals in their last 6 games against LA since Sutter took over. :D Flyers scored 8 goals in back to back games. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I come back from Vegas and the world (Well Canucks "Nation" anyways) is bawling like little girls.

Who do they think the Nucks are!? They certainly arent the 70's Habs.

Every one of these 8 WC teams are VERY good. The Nucks have played well, but not well enough, they can't score and special teams are killing them here along with indifferent play by a few key players.

You can't win them all. I don't expect the Nucks to be able to do what only 3 teams have ever done, but it's possible and I'll be cheering them on the whole way, and then I'll be backing the Flyers for the rest of the way because I have a serious man crush on Giroux and the Flyers are playing the way you need to play to hoist a cup.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah the coach caused the concussion of there best player...

back to back prez trophy's....yeah he should go...

Maybe gm should address the issue of getting another scorer...the reason we lost the scf last year

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

back to back prez trophy's....yeah he should go...

Maybe gm should address the issue of getting another scorer...the reason we lost the scf last year

Wait, I thought the reason we lost the SCF last year was because we didn't have enough grit, toughness, you know all the things Kassian is really bringing to the table right now, taking us to the cup... :(

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I come back from Vegas and the world (Well Canucks "Nation" anyways) is bawling like little girls.

Who do they think the Nucks are!? They certainly arent the 70's Habs.

Every one of these 8 WC teams are VERY good. The Nucks have played well, but not well enough, they can't score and special teams are killing them here along with indifferent play by a few key players.

You can't win them all. I don't expect the Nucks to be able to do what only 3 teams have ever done, but it's possible and I'll be cheering them on the whole way, and then I'll be backing the Flyers for the rest of the way because I have a serious man crush on Giroux and the Flyers are playing the way you need to play to hoist a cup.

Are you trying to get Captain Shamrock to like you???

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

back to back prez trophy's

Are u on the prez cup trophy parade committee?

why did vinny switch up the lines that were working so well the last 2 weeks of the regular season?

why is our coach being out coached by Dull Daryl?

Why is Hodgson gone?

alain.jpg

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was thinking the same thing about Hodson as I am sure most Canuck fans have been especially with the way our power play has been going. I am sure Gillis didn't think we would lose Daniel and we all hoped Kesler would find his offensive game.

As far as Kassian goes he was never suppose to help us win the cup this year he is a guy for the future. Pahlsson was suppose to take Hodson's spot this year. Hopefully Kassian gets a chance to properly develope into the player we hope he'll be and the player we need right now.

Anyway the Whitecaps on Wednesday so I'll watck game 5 on Sunday before I pass judgement.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0