Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman said:
and just when it started to look like a scoreless draw, John Davidson picks up a through ball and slots it in the far corner for the 1-0 win.
lupoman

Lupoman congrats on your signing of the big NY Rangers goaltender I was wondering what he was doing this season with no Hockey Night in Canada...
:p

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lupoman congrats on your signing of the big NY Rangers goaltender I was wondering what he was doing this season with no Hockey Night in Canada...

SirM

They're doing the same as they were always doing, one being an over paid has-been, the other being a sarcastic, uptight little man. You decide who is who.

lupoman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For any interested NSCLers, Pegasus A is playing tonight up at Griffin against Sapperton, 2100 hrs.

Rumour has it there may be some Karaoke on the sidelines. :wa: And the Crantinis will be flowing like blood...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
For any interested NSCLers, Pegasus A is playing tonight up at Griffin against Sapperton, 2100 hrs.

Kind of sorry I posted that, pouring rain and wind prevented the Karaoke tent from being erected :eek: and a pretty painful display by the crippled National Champs :( A side in disarray it appears, and a shame really...players on the field yelling at the coach to "shut up" and "get me off". Sounds a bit like Pistilli's foreplay technique...

Oh yeah a 2-0 loss for Peg one goal scored from 45 yards out...Fcuk.

Good luck in the storms Sunday boys.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coveside 0 vs Malones 1

Malones are inching their way to #2 in the NSCL with a close game vs Coveside. Both teams were ready for this long awaited match. First couple of minutes saw chances at both ends. Malones were sitting back a little and Coveside took advantage with runs down the right side........Bobby came up big in controlling his 6yd box. 20 minutes in Coveside missed a great opportunity with a freekick 20yds out. Nice shot curled around the wall only to see it go inches wide of the post.

A few minutes later , Malones were on the ball, moving it nicely up the middle....it looked like an opportunity for a shot from our captain but a quick pass and an equally quick shot into the bottom left corner gave Malones the lead and their keeper nothing but a nice view.

Coveside opened up the play in the second half and were all over us for 15 minutes but were unable to take any advantage. Malones counterattacked and were close to sealing the win with a blistering shot into the top right only to be denied by the whistle. Offside....now depending on who you are it was either a close call or no contest. Go figure. Soon after a goal scorers dream..........hard cross, free header, top right and GOA... Denied. Save of the match as their keeper threw himself accross the box and pushed the ball over the bar for a corner.

All through the match, we stayed close to Eamon who has the ability to quickly turn a nothing play into a goal or three and with Mr pottery putting the ball in the net at will, we kept a close eye on him also. He did pick up a few fouls but we were gentle in knocking him over.

Last chance went to Coveside with a through ball that both keeper and Mr Pottery wanted......Unfortunately for Mr Pottery our keeper is twice his size and he went down pretty hard. Both went in hard and cheers to Mr Pottery for not letting size get in his way.

1 nil final score...huge game and well fought by both sides.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
biggs said:
Coveside 0 vs Malones 1

20 minutes in Coveside missed a great opportunity with a freekick 20yds out. Nice shot curled around the wall only to see it go inches wide of the post.

And Biggs remarked, "Fcuk a couple inches either way and that one was in!" :p

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Have you made your strategic move in that tiddlywink competition to close the match out or has it consumed you into also thinking "Fcuk a couple inches either way and that one was in!" :eek:

You may have time to hone your skills unless all weather gravel is your fate the next few weeks :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
biggs said:
I fail to see any connection between your passion for tiddlywinks and my lovelife :eek:

The connection is, Biggsy, they both require manual dexterity :p

Peg 3 Freybe 2 in shootout last nite in League Cup game.

1st time many of the holders had touched a football since Dec 9, and it showed, but we are through. Up to the Karaoke and the Cougs were unusually aggressive for this time of year, they were even talking to the Nordic guys... :eek:

Does anyone know the status of McCartney this weekend? If I am not mistaken that field has not been played on for close to two months, and the Parks Board closes it 6 days before our game, and it hasn't rained since, and its closed :confused: Any chance for some sort of sanity here? (not)...

Watch I probably just talked Peg's way into another 3 game suspension for questioning the omniscient DNV Park's Board... :(

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside:

one of our teams (out of Cup play) is looking for an exhibition game for this weekend - anybody available on your side of the puddle?

PM me if anyone's interested....

stew :cool:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big match against Peg this weekend....had a major stratagy meeting at training, we figure Peg has so many firefighters and cops that we'ld set a bunch of fires before the game, and swipe a bunch of cars. Hopefully they'll all be so busy that they'll have to default! No, really.

lupoman

matchesineedsomestinkingmatches

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It almost worked! Pegs showed up with just one sub, then went down to none as I think Rudy pulled a back muscle. We started slow, the Peg boys dominated early,with them creating a few chances and scoring when our keeper couldn't smother a low hard shot from 10 yards out...1-0 Pegs. The Lupo lads finally decide there's a game on and start to knock the ball around a bit, and we start to generate some offence. Marco collects a Peg shot, punts it out, Dave Jeffs collects it at about the half line and it was like the parting of the Red Sea. Peg defenders peeled off after our attackers and Dave was allowed to walk right up the middle and fire it home. It stayed 1-1 until about five minutes from the half, they score off a Lupo give-away, 2-1 at the half. We start the half with no let down, they are still out playing us, but at least when we get the ball, the lads are knocking it around a bit, trying to work it up the field. Stays 2-1 until about 15 to go, when the Pegs boys turn it up a notch, as they often do, scoring one , then another with about 5 to go. 4-1 final for Peg, but a great game all around, something we can build off for next week.

lupoman

lupomanputtinghismatchesaway

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is with great sadness that I relay the news of the passing of Rose Pupp, wife of longtime Nordic Assistant Manager Frank Pupp. Rose passed in her sleep Monday after a brief but courageous battle with cancer. Wife, Mother, Grandmother.... Supporter of our great game and our league. A celebration of Rose's life will be held at 1:00 P.M. Saturday February 12th, 2005 at Holy Trinity Church, 27th & Lonsdale. Please come and show your support for this great family.

Glenn Leonard
North Shore Coaches League

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 3 Seymour 0

13 players out for the leaders today, am improvement on last week. Bro hit the 20 goal mark today and could have had 5. Jua was still a bit drunk I think.

By far the highlite of the day was MOTM Stevie showing up at 10 to 9 with a salon tanned blonde, her West CoastChoppers black T shirt swoolen by her ample bosom, seven jeans, prada slingbacks, JF'd hairstyle, who spent the day nervously thumbing a copy of the Botox Diaries...:wa:

Congats to Lupoman et al on getting a point, and I guess the Malones loss to Norvan coupled with Csides victory over Nordic has tightened things up for the final BCs spot...

Cside where are you going to find 11 over 35 players if you qualify ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0