Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa, having asked the question myself, I have the answer: it comes down to them being an established, premier-level team with pedigreed players. No slag against the 'lomas but Peg are different from yourselves and even Croatia who were talking about forming a team to compete in premier (I'm sure they could put together a great team but they were declined because they had no track record as an O-35 team.

It might be a precedent (at least for the last 10 years or so) for our league—I don't even know what it'll be called next year as we just voted to officially join the VMSL—but I do know our premier division will be a competitive 10 team tourney and the new blood will be most welcome. The top 3 (or so) valley teams should come over as well...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Gaffa, having asked the question myself, I have the answer: it comes down to them being an established, premier-level team with pedigreed players. No slag against the 'lomas but Peg are different from yourselves and even Croatia who were talking about forming a team to compete in premier (I'm sure they could put together a great team but they were declined because they had no track record as an O-35 team.

It might be a precedent (at least for the last 10 years or so) for our league—I don't even know what it'll be called next year as we just voted to officially join the VMSL—but I do know our premier division will be a competitive 10 team tourney and the new blood will be most welcome. The top 3 (or so) valley teams should come over as well...

Ok we'll come, but only if we don't play our semi on turf if grass fields are plentiful. :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballz, you cheeky bugger, none of the leagues had any direct call on that (well, except for the FVSL), but when in doubt, do what we do: blame Willy.

beerz,

stew :cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK,

For cryin' in the sink I am back on this site as well. Coach, sounds like the Rangers field trip was a lot of fun, the following is a bit of a rendition of the latest Peg golf trip, by comparison. Actually got back from Palm Springs last Friday, where Dickens_Sider I must say did the best Dick Van Dyke (not that there is anything WRONG with that) impression in our living room last Sunday, falling over couches, tables, ottomans without ever spilling a drop. Now I am back from trying to control the Peg wildcats in PS.

Nite one: One arrested for B and E because he was too hammered to find his own Condo and decided to break into another (occupied) home, thinking it was his. Oh yeah, had a fine time trying to negotiate with the Latino bouncers who did not speak a word of English to get them not to boot out another of the intrepid Peg midfielders for taking photos of patrons in Las Casuelas Nuevas with his pants around his ankles...(but all was not lost as we that evening got to meet Nancy Lopez, Celine Dion and Paula Abdul who were playing in a "Dinah Shore" pro-am that week in Rancho Mirage...see below)...

Nite two: Awakened at 0445 by another spritely Peg striker who could not believe he got the boot from the Hilton for being caught by hotel security shagging some bird in a stairwell...and it was not Laura Petrie...

Nite Three...meet up again with Celine Dion, Nancy Lopez et al and finally coerce them back to the Condo at 0400. Celine (HUGE diamond on her left ring finger) ultimately shuts down the block bodied Peg fullback who had been romancing her solid for two days, going through 1.75 litres of Dolce and Gabanna in the process, and just as one of the smooth talking Peg vets thinks she is in with the LPGA hall of famer Lopez, she announces that she has wet her pants and adjourns to the garden for her second straight evening of "spitting up".

In the meantime, the little lighting in a bottle fullback can't say names but he is an award winning coach somehow pulls a rabbit from his hat and is IN with Paula Abdul...

And thats the 1st couple nites. Needless to say, if I was a betting person, and at the risk of being prosecuted by NSCL officials a la Pete Rose for this prediction...if Norvan are ever going to take Peg...or maybe even score on us for the first time in a year or two...tomorrow may be the night.

I heard Gil McGarva is making book on this game... ;)

And some of us have a much renewed interest in "American Idol..."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the meantime, the little lighting in a bottle fullback can't say names but he is an award winning coach somehow pulls a rabbit from his hat and is IN with Paula Abdul...
You have got to be fcuking kidding me! :eek:

That is the funniest thing posted on TTP in well over a year :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
You have got to be fcuking kidding me! :eek:

That is the funniest thing posted on TTP in well over a year :D
Regs there must have been 200 birds in that bar, and she stood out over all of the rest by far!

And you know who didn't even screw it up! She was text messaging him on the golf course for the next few days!

The Lord works in mysterious ways I guess.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lord works in mysterious ways I guess.
We go from the funniest thing said in well over a year to the understatement of all time on TTP :D

Does this get filed under Peg lore (not Sarge) or a new chapter for the Trollups? :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can just picture that fcuking grin on his face as he does that little dance he does after a few cocktails... I can't even begin to imagine the lines used to hook PA :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I can just picture that fcuking grin on his face as he does that little dance he does after a few cocktails... I can't even begin to imagine the lines used to hook PA :D
Speaking of lines, PA asks if we are a bunch of cops and firefighters and who is our hero to disagree?

Then lies on lies, and he kind of drops a "i'm getting kind of bored being a firefighter, I heard it might be an interesting job to work at the racetrack".

PA just stares blankly at him...

And yesterday he gets an email from the beautiful American Idol judge wanting him to send her a picture of himself in his (not Peg) uniform!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Speaking of lines, PA asks if we are a bunch of cops and firefighters and who is our hero to disagree?

Then lies on lies, and he kind of drops a "i'm getting kind of bored being a firefighter, I heard it might be an interesting job to work at the racetrack".

PA just stares blankly at him...

And yesterday he gets an email from the beautiful American Idol judge wanting him to send her a picture of himself in his (not Peg) uniform!!
I just read on Yahoo that Paula Abdul is pregnant. Apparently she tests herself everyday. Great, another short defender who can dance and sing.:rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
We are working on superimposing his face onto a picture of Jua in uniform but it doesn't seem to look right...
Who cares if it doesn't look right. The whole thing ain't right. Next time I see the little bloke, I'm gonna study him and study him good. He is a folk hero now you know.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2005 Summer League NSCL Final Standings:

Team GP W S/O W L T +/ PTS

1. Pegasus 9 8 1 24 24
2. NorVan 9 7 2 31 21
3. Coveside 9 7 2 24 21
4. Freybe 9 6 3 17 18
5. Malones 9 5 3 1 1 16
6. Bulldogs 9 3 5 1 -7 10
7. Lupo 9 3 6 -15 9
8. Blueridge 9 1 1 7 -19 5
9. Seymour 9 1 1 7 -26 5
10.Lynn Valley 9 1 6 2 -30 5

Playoff Results:

A Cup Semis:

Pegasus 4 Freybe 0
NorVan 4 Coveside 0

A Cup Final is Pegasus v Norvan July 21.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 5 v. Norvan 2. Goals by Doddy, two from Shorty, Jinky and I think Jua got one. Nice way to finish off the summer league and now onto the WCOTSL in the fall.

Even though we raised the cup, Sir M was disappointed that the Anti-Fan was not in attendance belting out his chorus of 'PEG SUCKS', and even more disappointed that Skanky CDMTC was not in the crowd showing off her new brazilianed growler. Last time she took it right down to the wood, Gaston Gingras was heard to say "I'm not going near that growler, with gums that big, there has to be teeth in there". :D :D She must have headed up to the Serengetti early to get a good seat and help Simon LeBon on with his snake bicep bands.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0