Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[North Shore Coaches League] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough week for us....after three weeks of improvement we slid back into our sad old ways, not being mentally ready to play, getting down early, then having to try and play catch up for the rest of the match. Lost to Coveside on Thursday, then got to see the Danny Vaughn show on Sunday. And just to round out a wonderful end of season run, we get to see Malones on Sunday......AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman

2 weeks of stomach flu............my tum needs a break, so please no upsets next week :D

Norvan's provincial hopes are riding on you :eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday on a beautiful Sunny morning, Peg once again were fcuked over at McCartney Park. The undefeated leaders were set to play Blueridge, languishing near the bottom of the table...but I am not going to discuss Cside's Sunday which started at 0400 and ended many pints later... We arrive at the park, 18 players are out, Stevie has brought Heather Locklear along to cheer and we are jogging acrosss the west end of the pitch, while Chico, busily utilizing his 4" vertical leap with to no avail, to try to hook that damn net to the crossbar. The ref shows up, puts on his gear, and comes over and advises there is a frost warning, and asks Sir M what he wants to do as there is a bit of white at the far end of the pitch. Sir M advises we would like to play, its a beautiful day, the league is in a pinch to get the games in, there's a bit of frost at the shaded end of the park but the sun is rising...unless we could damage the field. The ref says the field is fine and can't be damaged. He then goes and asks the BR mgr, who has 8 players out and, realizing his side is in for a strict lesson this day, states that his team won't play because one of his players might slip and fall on the bit of frost on the east side of the field...and points out to the official that he sill be payed whether we play or not. Ref comes over and explains, and I offer to cut the game down to 35 min halfs as the sun is rapidly warming the grass...cancelled. Sorry to the two FFs that switched their shift to play, we probably won't play this one at all. another in a series of class acts BRidge :rolleyes: . Off to Loutet to watch the real old boys play...in shirt sleeves, same kickoff time...

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman

One thing I should add. While watching the tail end of your match, it wasn't as though you were w/o chances. Any luck your way and 2 or 3 may have hit the back of the Norvan net :( You guys were passing the ball around better than we were although, I'm not sure if that's much of a compliment to you or not :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus 2 Freybe Vikings 1

A 12 man Peg side clinched the league title with 2 games left by defeating 2nd place Freybe for the 3rd time this season. Jua with an early masterpiece and then Brolly with his 21st of the year in the 2nd half iced it. A late mean nothing goal 4 minutes from time by the runners-up made it closer than it should have been. Freybe's goal tender was outstanding, completely robbing Brolly, Jim Easton and Besty twice including on a (no exaggeration) 45 yard knuckling rocket that he got a fingertip to which then rang off the bar...maybe the most outrageous strike I have seen at this level...

:wa:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Pegasus 2 Freybe Vikings 1

A 12 man Peg side clinched the league title with 2 games left by defeating 2nd place Freybe for the 3rd time this season. Jua with an early masterpiece and then Brolly with his 21st of the year in the 2nd half iced it. A late mean nothing goal 4 minutes from time by the runners-up made it closer than it should have been. Freybe's goal tender was outstanding, completely robbing Brolly, Jim Easton and Besty twice including on a (no exaggeration) 45 yard knuckling rocket that he got a fingertip to which then rang off the bar...maybe the most outrageous strike I have seen at this level...

:wa:

Congrats Peg. What song did you guys sing to celebrate your championship?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks BB.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house for bald 240 pound goalkeeper Jason Maros' haunting naked locker room rendition of Bette Midler's The Rose . :p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final 04/05 Standings:

Team GP W L T GF GA Pts

Pegasus 18 15 0 3 65 11 48
Freybe 18 13 4 1 45 23 40
Malones 18 12 3 3 58 27 39
Coveside 18 11 4 3 64 28 36
Norvan 18 11 6 1 57 27 34
Nordic 18 7 8 3 38 31 24
Blueridge 18 4 12 2 11 27 14
Lupo 18 4 13 1 15 69 13
Seymour 18 1 14 3 11 49 6
Lynn Valley 18 1 15 2 11 83 5

Next year top 5 form Div 1, bottom 5 form Div 2.

Cup Play

Kilby Cup: Peg(1) vs Coveside (4)
Freybe (2) vs Malones (3)

League Cup semis: Peg vs Coveside...winner plays Malones who are already through to the final.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kilby Cup Semi Final #1: Peg 5 v. Coveside 3. Brolly with 1, Jua with 1, Findlay with 1, Granger with 1, and Besty with his opening goal of over 30's. Quite a proud moment for Besty. Shirt off, ran to the corner flag in celebration ............ and that was just in warm-up practicing his goal scoring celebration. Coveside kept it close with a couple late goals, but scoreline a little flattering to CSide17's boys.
Kilby Cup Semi Final #2: Malonians 2 v. Sausage Boys 1 (SO Victory). Watching this game was like watching paint dry. ZZZZZZZZ :eek: :eek:
Kilby Final TBA, but hopefully sooner than later so it does not get too close to the BC's and result in some tired legs and/or injuries.
League Cup Semi Final #2: Peg v. Coveside Wednesday March 16, 2005 @ 9:00pm William Griffin Turf. Winner to play Malonians who defeated Norvan in SO last Thursday. Two cup finals could be the same match-up. We owe Malonians this year as they took points off us with two ties in our matches this year. NSCL has more cups than the bra section at La Senza.

JAGS :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Cup Semi Final: Pegasus 4 Coveside 3 in extra time. Peg started with 10 men, including two goaltenders. Jua notched a stylish one early, and at the 25 minute mark, the Peg 23 goal man Bro was full on kicked in the face as he lay on the ground by a frustrated Cside defender...the result: concussion, broken teeth, stitches and whiplash, and of course a red card for the offending player (you could hear the impact of this assault from clear across the field) :( . Anyway Cside then equalized and went up by one I guess they fancied the 10 on 10 better than the 11 on ten. Ken Harris and Hilder graced us with their presence late in the 1st half. In the 2nd, the big striker returned to action and the 11 man Peg side took it to Coveside. Unfortunately he then got caught in a head clash with the very talkative and follicly challenged Coveside center back...more stitches...more of a concussion...and off to the cooler. Shortly thereafter Cside scored to go up 3-1 very much against the run of play and it looked like the holders would lose for the 1st time this year. But then Peg got interested...Marleau banged one in at the 75 minute mark and Jua tied it at 82 minutes. The Cside manager tried to negotiate for his 10 man and fading side to go straight to PKs, but the erudite Peg manager was not to be fooled...off to extra time...and Jim Easton netted the winner at the 92 minute mark. So, both finals will be Peg vs Malones, with Peg currently holding both trophies and with a chance to duplicate their 2002/2003 undefeated treble.

At least one team in this club has chances to do things this year... ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
the Peg 23 goal man Bro was full on kicked in the face as he lay on the ground by a frustrated Cside defender...the result: concussion, broken teeth, stitches and whiplash, and of course a red card for the offending player (you could hear the impact of this assault from clear across the field) :( .

You have got to be kidding me?
On purpose?

Holy shite....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
You have got to be kidding me?
On purpose?

Holy shite....

Bro is a very classy guy, and as a result asked me to not cast aspersions on this...

But in a word RF...

Yes.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Bro is a very classy guy, and as a result asked me to not cast aspersions on this...

But in a word RF...

Yes.

Sir m

I am glad you listened to Bro's request!

Unfortunate incident,which I won't comment on, but may have been made worse by the 2nd unintentional head clash! I would have thought with all the personnel, with medical backgrounds, on your squad, that, if he was injured/concussed. He would not have been allowed to re enter the game!!!

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUOTE JAGS [We owe Malonians this year as they took points off us with two ties in our matches this year.]

You'll be owing me a 24 of stella by the end of this :D assuming the games get plyed this yr. :rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
biggs said:
QUOTE JAGS [We owe Malonians this year as they took points off us with two ties in our matches this year.]

You'll be owing me a 24 of stella by the end of this :D assuming the games get plyed this yr. :rolleyes:

Biggs I will personally buy you a Stella or two after those matches in any event.

We will even let you drink them from the cup if you are nice... :p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK now I am getting nervous.

My Matlock-like as described by my little tree fort resident dicken_sider spider senses are tingling:

First, in the league semi-final the Peg 23 goal striker and leading goal scorer is viciously and deliberately attacked and injured by the swarthy blue nosed Cside fullback as the big man lay prone, ending his chances of participating in the provincial championships and significantly diminishing Pegs' chances of success in said competition, thank you very much. (FVSLers yes our league actually have clearly undeserved spots Peg can only pray as I do every night before I lay me down to sleep not to draw the powerful foes from the rural/agricultural/animal husbandry driven economies many tunnels and bridges afar).

Second, the evil Malones crew make inculpatory statements on the NSCL site that they are actually conducting surveillance, most likely in my estimation in furtherance of some sort of sick blackmail-like endeavour (yes DVaughan I spelled it as HRH would prefer in deference to your golden boot title, the latest in a series I might add)...of a Pegasus social event...my guess is to ensnare # 2 Peg scorer Jua in some sort of Aqua Caliente subvertive plot by the sneaky penultimite (sorry Freybe but face facts you are gone) NSCL wretches.

Next, and probably not the last, a clever misinformation/counterintelligence campaign by the "other" finalists...this is the kind of very thing that gets Kenny Harris showing up at Lynn Valley Park at 0900 on Sunday morning in the blue white and black Peg doormat (ah the past Taff but that was then and this is now) kit instead of Mahon on Thursday...

Something evil this way comes...be prepared. ;)
All of you.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
OK now I am getting nervous.

My Matlock-like as described by my little tree fort resident dicken_sider spider senses are tingling:

First, in the league semi-final the Peg 23 goal striker and leading goal scorer is viciously and deliberately attacked and injured by the swarthy blue nosed Cside fullback as the big man lay prone, ending his chances of participating in the provincial championships and significantly diminishing Pegs' chances of success in said competition, thank you very much. (FVSLers yes our league actually have clearly undeserved spots Peg can only pray as I do every night before I lay me down to sleep not to draw the powerful foes from the rural/agricultural/animal husbandry driven economies many tunnels and bridges afar).

Second, the evil Malones crew make inculpatory statements on the NSCL site that they are actually conducting surveillance, most likely in my estimation in furtherance of some sort of sick blackmail-like endeavour (yes DVaughan I spelled it as HRH would prefer in deference to your golden boot title, the latest in a series I might add)...of a Pegasus social event...my guess is to ensnare # 2 Peg scorer Jua in some sort of Aqua Caliente subvertive plot by the sneaky penultimite (sorry Freybe but face facts you are gone) NSCL wretches.

Next, and probably not the last, a clever misinformation/counterintelligence campaign by the "other" finalists...this is the kind of very thing that gets Kenny Harris showing up at Lynn Valley Park at 0900 on Sunday morning in the blue white and black Peg doormat (ah the past Taff but that was then and this is now) kit instead of Mahon on Thursday...

Something evil this way comes...be prepared. ;)
All of you.

Sir M

Found the 1st paragragh way offside. I thought you were above that!

Coveside Fc, wishes him all the best, and a speedy recovery! Maybe your resident paramedic, who allowed your 23 goal striker, to go back on the field,and sustain an even worse head injury, should be retrained.

Please include all the facts Matlock!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'side.......... I think it is all agreed that the WHOLE INCIDENT WAS WAY OFFISDE.
Not anything that the game needs in any league at any level. The only thing that was offisde was the incident itself and I care not to comment further about it to anybody on this site or anybody on Coveside. What happened, happened and we all have our personal thought about it.
Some may try to justify it, others may try to feel shame, other would rather just put it behind them and hope for a speedy recovery for those involved. Let's be realistic about the whole thing, someone was seriously injured and it affects his work and his general well being. Let's not try to direct blame to others (certain paramedics), when nothing concrete can be established as the problems one has suffered. Too easy of a scapegoat in my opinion. I am in the group that prefers the latter and hope those involved fully recover. A lot more could be said on this site and other sites, but has not. I have a few more comments, but having a few pops in me right now ......... I will refrain. In fact, I will refrain from my true thoughts on this as the whole incident honestly makes me sick to my stomach every time I think of it. And that is the TRUTH!!!!!

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0