Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Trade Deadline 2008

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fuk Matt Cooke to the Capitals for Matt Pettinger!

Bryon Richie isn't on the ice at practice either, he may be gone soon!

Thank Christ - the fcukin' weasel is gone - I know have new-found respect for Nonis - good riddence - can't wait to see Cooke's head driven through the boards.

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to wonder about price now that the Arms race has heated up.

Gotta love Colorado every year. The make the 1st splash, and force everyone to catch up. I've always thought waiting till the deadline put you in the weakest possible position.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big issue with trying to get Jokinen out of the Panthers is the fact we fleeced them to get Luongo. WOuld they be willing to do another deal with the Canucks? If so would they not want our best young player and prospects back?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They traded their future for a rental player......Malkin has to be resigned and Hossa wants 9 million a year!

They got rid of Esposito, they still have a ton of young talent, so rental isn't a big deal as they probably won't sign Hossa. Crosby took a cheap deal (less than he could have got) to allow guys like Malkin to stick around. It was a good trade.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with is here. What future did they really trade away.

Esposito and a first round pick that would be very high. Esposito is not the player it seems that he was hyped to be in the past few years. He was unable to ever make a National Junior team and his production never reached the level of talent it was said he has. As for Colby Armstorong and Erik christensen, it's not like they were going ot be stars of the future. They already have those guys in Malkin and Crosby.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have scheduled a press conference to announce something big. Pettinger wouldn't be considered big I don't think.

Apparently he was considered big. Nonis announces there were plenty of players available, not worth the young talent. Another first round exit this year as our competition stacked up and we did nothing. There's always next year :rolleyes:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have scheduled a press conference to announce something big. Pettinger wouldn't be considered big I don't think.

i dont think so. DONIS will mostlikely appologize for going on a Timmy's tibits bender last night and forgeting to set his alarm this morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0