Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to be questioning Montreals Captain right now. He has a lot more heart than anybody on the flyers. Give your head a shake. I am shocked a man like yourself would stoop to that level.:mad:

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

I still don't understand why you bash the Habs half of your team have worn the Red, white, and blue. The last time I checked the habs are still selling out the molson center and have never had a problem in doing that. I think you should give your head a shack cause when you put down the habs you are putting down some of the ex-habs which play for the hopeless flyers.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Although I am a Habs fan, I am not as fanatical as
Monsieur Coppertone, and L'Apprentice (accent egu(sp?) on the "e" )

Re: the Flyers
I am sorry, they are going nowhere until the find a keeper. Chekmanek , HAH!
Brian Boucher, HAH, I would rather Bobby.

They do have a nice mix of forwards, and their defence quietly does the job....but, in the playoffs it is all about goaltending.
The HABS have it this year in Hackett(injured, I believe) and Theodore. I am not saying they are winning the cup this year because they have goaltending...but in net is where you start.

The Blues have a similar situation as do they Flyers...

Any thoughts?

Zaurrini

PS How dare you ask who the Captain of the HAbs is? My buddy Saku was given a world class
standing O to start the year....world class

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk-wits

You fcuking Hab-not fans always start swinging your purses so fcuking quickly! Calm down, I'm sure the Captain wasn't trying to be a dickhead.

I myself wonder who their captain is now, surely they must appoint one on-ice, no?

~TB.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

They are just showing there respect for Saku. I am sure that the guys with the A's on there shoulders can step up. Just like when Naslund went down for the canucks they never appointed another Captain. As for shamrock he is a dickhead!!!!!:D :D :D

HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS HABS!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget the HABS for a second ( no disrepect ) but big news in the NHL. Jason Allison has just been traded to the Los Angeles Kings. He and a no namer were traded for Jozef Stumpel and Glen Murray. Huge for who ever scooped him in the hockey pools.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allison Back

Always good to see quality players back in the league,eventhough he is asking for a shite load of cash.

The no name that went along with him is Mikko Eloranta.Murray and Stumpel are quality players that will only help the Bruins.

Go Canes Go
:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to post this last nite

Jimmy,

Did you know that Sami is back?

Go Canes Go indeed, well, at least Sami and Rod...

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sami's the Man

Regs

Thanks and yes I did know,they are a lethal combination:)

Those red away jersey's are a thing of beauty.:cool:

Beware of the Canes

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

You guys are a little too sensitive. I knew Koivu was the captain at some point but I will ask again....

Who is Montreal's poof of a captain now?

I am guessing you have no fcuking idea and haven't been able to research it yet?

CaptainwhoisdisappointedthatacoupleofmygoodItalianfriendswouldthinkIwouldmakefunofsomeonewithcancer:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious......

After posting in the newest thread on TTP, one that is dedicated to the mighty Philadelphia Flyers, I was left with one big question.

How the fcuk can being a captain of a team affect your play? I am sure a lot of TTPers have been captains on particular teams and I am guessing there has been no extra pressure on them. A Captain in soccer basically takes the toss and is supposed to be a leader who gets along with his team-mates.

Why is being a captain is hockey such a big deal? How different can it be? It took Desjardins over a year to figure out that the being the captain of the team was detrimental to his play. What the fcuk? I guess that can happen to players who play in Montreal for too long. Hopefully LeClair and Recchi will be spared of this problem.....

Personally, I feel no pressure being Captain Shamrock, despite the mass amounts of TTPers who rely on me daily, to give them winning picks. Of course, hockey pool picks are not included. I love the challenge of living up to my Captain status on a daily basis........I feel like it is part of my existence......
Captain

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, you are such a knob.:D Montreal will not rename a captain for this years season out of respect for Saku Koivu. There are three A's and hopefully Koivu will be able to return next year.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

In hockey I think there is a lot more presure then soccer. I think that you have to deal with the media alot more and if your team is not doing well then it comes down to leadership as well as coaching and players etc......I think that if you don't have the qualities to be a captain in the NHL it can definitley affect your play. As for the Habs they will not replace Saku as the Captain. The team is showing there respect for a team player and leader.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captains

Being a Captain on a professional Hockey team can change your game, and it does add pressures.

ie Fleury in Calgary.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes 7 Wild 3

The Canes smacked around the 6th place team in the western conference very easily last night.You guys have been talking about captains,well Ron Francis has certainly stepped up to the plate quite effectively in Carolina.Has to be one of the most under-rated players and Captains in the history of the game.

The return of Kapanen also helped spark one of the most dangerous teams in the league

Go Canes Go

:D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy i have to agree with u about francis :D he has been underated wherever he's played be it hartford, pens, or the canes hes a prominant player and leader..

oh ya by the way dont take this personally.. y do u like the canes ????? :confused: :confused: :D

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Francis is probably one of the top captains in the league. Francis has always been a consitent 70 - 80 point man. He has also had season of 100 or more points. He has always been overshadowed by the players he has played with. When he was with the Pens there was Lemieux, the last few years in Carolina it has been Primeau and O'neil. Francis has always played hard and lead by example. I think the Canucks can use a Francis type player.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mr c at this point canucks can use any player :D :D there about 2 solid players away from being a contender.. oh 3 now that cassels is gone

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re. canes

Jeff O'Neill without doubt is the most underated player in the league. He had a huge season last year and it seems as if nobody has noticed him. If he keeps up his play he will eventually be acknowleged as the superstar he his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0