Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry....

Apprentice,

I apologise for not mentioning the score, especially because it was against one of the powerhouses this year. Anaheim will have the third worst record in the league when it finishes (behind Columbus and Tampa Bay) and Montreal will once again be on the outside looking in when the real season starts.....

When do Montreal play a real team, like Philadelphia? I will be willing to put a little side wager on this if you choose, Apprentice?

Let me know...

Captain who knows Philadelphia lost tonight and have started poorly but is very confident they will go on a run very soon, like they do every year....

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs Rock

Hey you stupid flyer fans who did you captain play for. Oh yeah I forgot Montreal. If it wasn't for montreal I don't think the Flyers would be in the league. Recchi, Leclair, and Desjardins. They all played out of the Montreal forum. So, I think you should watch what you say.

GO HABS GO

Habs play the flyers on the 27th of this month. If you were a true fan of your flyers you would know.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re. side bet

Captain,

I think the only reason you want to bet is because you know that over the last couple of years the flyers have had Montreals number. This year it's about to change. We have up to the 27th to make a bet.
Give me some odds as philly is sure to be favorites. (only in your mind) GO HABS GO

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Sun Drenched Brain

Cooperalls,

LeClair only blossomed after he left the shite in Montreal. Mark Recchi was and is good anywhere he plays. As for Desjardins, he is a good player to have on the power play. He did fcuk all for Montreal. Players become stars when they go to Philly. Look at Keith Primeau, another example. The organization oozes class (except Bobby Clarke) and everyone wants to be a Flyer. Did you see Jeremy Roenick's press conference after he was traded? He was like CD in a brothel. I know Doug Gilmour's reaction wasn't as animated when he knew he was going to the Hapless Habs.

Apprentice,

The Flyers will be mild favorites and I will post the odds as the date draws nearer......

Captain

P.S. Coppertone, that was great the way you got on to the Montreal Canadians web site and discovered the date that they play the mighty Flyers. I know I couldn't have been that advanced. Putz.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Habs win ...again. It must feel good to start the season undefeated. Habs could go 20 in a row the way they are playing. Brushed aside columbus on Friday and shut down the devils on Saturday. Looking Good:cool:

The flyers will be alright till leclair gets hurt, Roenick wants out and recchi gets another concussion. I got $100 on the Habs.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs on top of Eastern Confrence

DO you not remember the Hatrick Dejardins scored in 1993 when Montreal won the cup. He was a big part of that winning team, and was already know as a good defencemen before going to the Flyers. Last time I looked Montreal was 4-0-1 and your Flyers are 2-1-2. Who has a better record so far.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs on top of Eastern Confrence

5 games in seems a bit early to be gloating about the triumphant season the Habs are having. Arent the Islanders having a similar start? The bandwagon has barely started moving, and I cant help wondering if you will jump off as quickly as you jumped on.

How long til the wheels fall off??

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Hammerhead I have been a HAB fan for as long as I can remember. I have stuck with them through the shite seasons and of course the stanley cup winning seasons 86 and 93. I am just saying they haven't had a start like this in years. So, I will be cheering on the habs all the way to the finals as it is going to be a Cancks and Hab final this year. Great for Canada Eh!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HammerHead,

The HABS are a having a great start and hopefully they will be able to continue this great run. Who said anything about being on the bandwagon. Maybe that is true with the Islander fans but the habs fans have not fallen back onto the bandwagon, they just were in hiding.:cool:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough loss

Tough loss tonight for the Habs. Had a chance to grab first overall in the league but it was not meant to be. They got to come back with a strong performance on Friday.

apprenticewhostilllovestheHABS

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once a Habs fan, always a Habs fan

I have always been a Habs fan, although that has been quite difficult for quite some time. When my son was born, he had a Hab's cap plucked on his head pretty much right away. The poor kid grew up with plenty of stares but it has helped become a tough little chap. The funny thing is, I love the Canucks but deep down inside, I am a Hab's supporter.

I'm going to the Nov 1st game and looking forward to an entertaining game. I'm not one of those guys who boo the Canucks and wear Montreal garb, not in our home building. Pretty tacky I say, but it does make for quite an aura. My wife's uncle played for the Habs in the early forties with Toe Blake and Dick Irvin. His first contract was signed by Lester Patrick for $5,000 a year. Pretty big coin at that time. The contract was two pages with a few minor stipulations such as no sky diving or football. His name was Jack Adams, not the Jack Adams the conference is named after, but a young and very promising rookie who put his career on hold voluntarily to fly with the RCAF in WW2. Quite a sacrifice. He came back and tried to pick up where he left off, but it was difficult, and the minors were where he was at for a couple of years. Buffalo and Houston if you can believe it. Imagine sacrificing your career to fight in the war. He wasn't the only pro athlete to do so back then. Look at the flakes we worship today. What a joke!

At that time it was a six team league and very difficult to make it. I used to love watching the games with Uncle Jack. He gave me a unique perspective on all sports. The man was a champion cricketeer and also won a national championship with Calgary in soccer. A true athlete and a Hab for life.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love Hating the Hav Nots

Ballboy,

That was a touching story and I mean no disrespect to your Uncle who should be an inspiration to all that know him; but I can not stand the Hav Nots. They should have the name Canadians removed from them as they are an imbarrassment to the rest of us. They should change their name to the Montreal Quebecers. It is truly shamful of our city who go out and watch them with their red and blue jerseys on, instead of supporting the home team. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks watching them plumit to the bottom of the league!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading my little tale, I had to chuckle and wonder where the hell all the sentiment came from. I posted from work this morning after returning from an emrgency call with some guy overdosing on heroin. Poor chap.....HepB, HepC, and HIV all in one package. No worries saved the bloke. Couldn't get back to sleep so I stayed up and posted on TTP.

I don't think they are going to plummet this year Lean. But if they do, I'll live. :)

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby

I agree Ballbaby, i too am a hab fan , and i know lean will give me a hard time after he reads this, but when the habs beat the canucks then i will give him a chance to apolgize , when he reliases that the habs are here for good, and will get further in the playoffs than the canucks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0