Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contenders

Ref Beater

They are about 2 solid players away from being contenders!
Contending for what,a spot at the 1st annual TTP golf tourney(not sure if there's already been one) :confused:
They are at best an average team and if they somehow squeak into the playoffs what are their chances against the likes of Detroit,Colorado and St louis?Not good :eek:

Apprentice

Oneill and the all the Canes are underated,but he sure is a dandy:)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy

i never said stanley cup champs lol 4 that they are at least 5 or 6 players away including a proven #1 goalie..

which team do u guys think got the better of the trade la or boston?? i think boston did with stumpel and murray

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
L.A Wins the trade hands down. Glen Murray becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season. Also with Bill Guerin as a free agent it is very likely that either Murray or Geuin or both:eek: could be gone after this year. Stumpel is a very good player but the guy never plays a full year. He might fit well in Boston considering he stays healthy. Allison will be magic in L.A. , he's happy to be there , they'll have two stars in Pallfy and himself and he has signed a 3 year deal.

this is the apprentice and I know the score!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater.....your comments on hockey and especially on the Canucks are really far off. You should maybe take a break from the nhl threads and concentrate on your reinstatement game.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True

Good points, boys. Did I just type that? Anyway, Ron Francis has always been one of the most if not the most underrated player in the league. Everyone thought he would fall apart when he left Pittsburgh and the power play with Lemieux and Jagr, but he didn't. I always liked him in my pools. I guess age is the reason I didn't choose him this year.....

Carolina do have an interesting team this year. They should make the playoffs but I am still not sold on Irbe. He is still their starting goalie, isn't he?

Captainwhoisenjoyingthebanteronthehockeythreads....

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Penguins, Kovalev had knee surgery two weeks ago and still has not been cleared to skate, Mario is having hip surgery and will be out a month and Marty straka will most likely be out for the entire year with a broken leg. Oh the wo in Pittsburgh.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes 3 Kings 2 ot

Captain

What a team the Canes are,standing a solid 3rd place in the tough Eastern conference.Kapanen,Francis and Oneill are tough to stop as are the rest of them. 3 big points from a money player.

Irbe is capable of standing on his head like he did that year he was playing on the Sharks when they made that great Cinderella playoff run in 95.He's been looking good so far:D

Those reds are beauties arent they:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

Most people think Irbe is not capable of leading a team to the cup.
I think that he has not had the supporting cast that was good enough to win. With the emergence of Jeff O'Neill I think the Canes are one more solid player away from being cup contenders.:eek:

also Jimmy, they are playing in the much weaker conference. will see how they do against their next opponents, none other then The Detroit Red Wings ( possibly the best in the NHL).

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring on Detroit

The Canes will win 4-2 tonight with Irbe dominating them like he did in the 94 playoffs.Francis,Oneill and Kapanen will all get 3 points tonight.Viva la Canes

Hasek who,Irbe's the real deal :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All wrong

I can't have Hasek with a loss (-2 points) but I will compromise Jimmy...

A 3-3 tie with Sami getting the hatter (all on the powerplay and single assists to Rod only).

Sound good?

~TBwhohopesTheoscoresahattertoniteearlyandthenlosesitforsomemuchneededpenaltyminutebonuspoints.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't get to excited

Regs and Jimmy,

Just to let you know that the game is tomorrow not tonight. Now don't you to stay up past your bed time to see Sami get the natural Hatter with all the assists from Rod:rolleyes:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to think about my pool

Regs

Sounds good,I have Hasek too,so a win or a tie for the Wings is ok with me,just as long the Mighty Kapanen gets his points,all will be well. :D

Apprentice

Oops my mistake,got a little to excited about the Canes,tonight is there match.I think the night before lerb session slowed down my train of thought:confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've been hearing and seeing good things from your Canes Jimmy. Tonight is a big test for them. I know it is early on but a win tonight would be huge for their confidence.

DETROIT 5 CANES 3 :(

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw highlited of the Dallas/Rangers game last nite

Hatcher came within an inch or so of taking Lindros' head off with an elbow. Glad I didnt take either in my pool

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes 3 Dertoit 1

Francis 2 assists and Oneil will snipe 2. As for hatcher I think that was a brutal play. He went for the head of Lindros clearly. He had no intent of trying to bodycheck him. I think that guys like that are gutless. Eventhough I hate Lindros something like that is uncalled for. Plays like that end careers and if he conected he would have put Lindros back into next tuesday with that elbow.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that attempted elbow too.............my question is did anyone on the Rangers go and sort out Hatcher? That was a dirty elbow and I think the tape could be reviewed by the league, anyone think Hatcher should be suspended for it though?

John

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pre-Olympic crap

Isn't interesting that before the Olympics the American players are out to injure the Canadians... I'm trying to remember which canadian players were taken out before the last olympics. Apparently I don't watch the injury reports enough, what with not knowing the habs goalie situation and my 4 injured pool players... :(

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgen,

It was a nice little cross check to Paul Kariya's FACE by the sidewalk urinator Gary Suter! Interesting theory!

John

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspension

Yes I think that he should. Hatcher threw the elbow knowing he might connect and take out Lindros. If you purposley go out to injure a player you should get a suspension. Look at Gilmore same thing he took out a guys knee on purpose he got one game. The only difference is that Gilmore connected and Hatcher didn't.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone,

But at least Gilmour was reacting to Vrada trying, and succeeding in concussing a teamate............and to be honest I thought the Gilmour hit was a classic.........I have never seen that done before .......at least at a hockey game!

As for Hatcher I would suspend him for at least 2-3 games for intent! You are right in saying intent to injure should be looked at the same as actually doing so.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0