Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2006/07 - Preseason banter and signings

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NHL Free-agency! Who is signing where?

Well...the time has come! What team is going to be making the biggest changes this year? Who will make the greatest splash?

Post all Preseason banter, Free Agency and trade related info here!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NHL Free-agency! Who is signing where?

Argyle said:
Well...the time has come! What team is going to be making the biggest changes this year? Who will make the greatest splash?

Post all Free Agency related info here!

Look for Pronger to be a Leaf as well as them signing a big name forward.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Like who? Gary Roberts? JR?

Fcuk the Laughs!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:
Look for Pronger to be a Leaf as well as them signing a big name forward.

There are not many big name forward out there. this is a tremendously defense heavy free agent year.

If by big name you mean big as in "used to be a star" you would be correct. The Leafs will definitely overpay for an over the hill star.

JR to TO. Fcuk me, he would love it there. The center of the hockey universe and the Center of JR's universe as the same place. Reporters better get some new equipment with longer life as he will be killing their recorders and cameras with his talk.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reported this morning that the Sedins resigned for aprox 3mil each for 2 years.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

10 something for 3.

The Laughs dumped that meat head Domi today. It only took them 11 years.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Sedin twins both posted career-highs in points last season.

On the heals of signing goaltender Roberto Luongo to a four-year contract, the Canucks have locked up both Daniel and Henrik Sedin to three-year, $10.75-million contract extensions, Swedish sources tell Sportsnet.

The twins, along with soon to be unrestricted free agent Anson Carter, enjoyed a terrific season and were arguably Vancouver's best line on most nights, despite the fact the team missed the playoffs.

Attachments

• sedin_daniel_henrik_hor.jpg
    sedin_daniel_henrik_hor.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 43

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

(CP) -- The Phoenix Coyotes waded into the free-agent frenzy Saturday, signing star defenceman Ed Jovanovski to a $32.5-million US, five-year contract.

The 30-year-old native of Windsor, Ontario had five goals and 28 assists with the Vancouver Canucks last season despite playing just 44 games due to groin, foot and abdominal injuries. Jovanovski is expected to give the Coyotes' defence corps some much-needed star power.

"He was the player we wanted," Coyotes managing partner and head coach Wayne Gretzky said in a statement. "This is huge for our franchise."

Jovanovski played seven seasons with the Canucks before becoming an unrestricted free agent. He'll join an upgraded Phoenix blue-line that includes talented veteran Nick Boynton, acquired in a trade from Boston last week.

"I'm excited about being a part of this organization, and playing for Wayne Gretzky," Jovanovski said. "I really respect the group of players that they have assembled. The Coyotes are committed to winning right now and I wanted to be a part of it."

The first overall pick in the 1994 draft, Jovanovski played four seasons with the Florida Panthers before being sent to Vancouver as part of a blockbuster nine-player trade that sent Pavel Bure to the Sunshine State.

The three-time all star has 86 goals, 231 assists and 1,085 penalty minutes in 687 career games.

"Leadership, skill, passion, commitment, all wrapped up in one large package," Coyotes general manager Michael Barnett said in a statement. "He is one of the impact players in our sport.

Attachments

• ed_jovanovski_hor.jpg
    ed_jovanovski_hor.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 39

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D'oh!

Special Ed to the scavengers!

From Tsn.ca

Ed Jovanovski's name is off the free agent shopping list, as the Phoenix Coyotes have signed the veteran blueliner to a five-year contract worth $32.5 million US.

Bye-bye Jovo.

Oh, for fcuks sake. Beat to the punch by mere seconds.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With Ed Jovanovski (Pheonix) and Nolan Baumgartner (Philadelphia) leaving in free agency, the Vancouver Canucks have made a move to shore up the blueline, signing Willie Mitchell to a four-year, $14-million contract.

A stay-at-home defenceman, Mitchell had ten points and a plus-19 rating with Minnesota and Dallas in 2005-2006.

Mitchell, 29, is a B.C. native from Port McNeill and has 61 points in 322 career NHL games.

Still some major holes to fill, but another good peice to the puzzle. I still think that Cloutier is the big peice to the mess that last season created.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Does that mean Jovo won't be our next captain? Boy, it ook him a long time to ponder the free agency!

Naslund could have jumped ship when he was at the top of his game and signed elsewhere for a lot more than he did.

So much for loyalty in this town!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

why would people be loyal to vancouver. All fans do is jump off and on the band wagon and criticize players when they are down. What a great place to play. Naslund has only been our best player for 4 or 5 years but we bash him for his leadership. Bert is struggling with confidence and we bash him all year. talk about support from home.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Willie Mitchell a Canuck?

Are you kidding me?

I absolutely had not heard about this until now.....

I agree my little Athenian keeper of the box.
HUGE signing.

RFnotwatchingTSNbuthappyWMiswearinganorcaonhisjersey

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

revolutionary said:
the Vancouver Canucks have made a move to shore up the blueline, signing Willie Mitchell to a four-year, $14-million contract.

A stay-at-home defenceman, Mitchell had ten points and a plus-19 rating with Minnesota and Dallas in 2005-2006.

Mitchell, 29, is a B.C. native from Port McNeill and has 61 points in 322 career NHL games.

3.5 mill per season for Willie Fricken Mitchell. I want credit for the creation of Nonis' new nickname: Dave NOBis. This hot on the heals of making Luongo the highest paid goalie in the league because of all those Vezinas, Hart, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cups won by Roberto.

After these signings, the Mitchell one in particular, you wonder what the point was with the players being locked out for a season.

Ginny Sims for Canucks new GM!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jovo the newest Coyote...

Now, the only one left to leave is Cloutier.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They have 8.5 million left to sign 10 players now. Lions and tigers and bears... oh my!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is that a published figure? 10 players to fill out the roster? Isn't it only really 2 (Carter and a replacement for Bert)? Not to mention either Clouts or Norinen's salary to play with (I think it's norinen - you know who I'm talking about anyways)...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Some recent FA signings:

Elias to the Devils (7 years!!! $42 mil)
Arnott to the Preds (5 years $22.5 mil)
Chara to the Bruins (5 years $37.5 mil)
Sillinger to the Islanders (3 years $???)
Gerber to the Sens (3 years $11.1 mil)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0