Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2006/07 - Preseason banter and signings

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What's Next?

Its probably premature for me to comment on the state of the Canucks, considering its the middle of the summer and the start of the season is still a few months away........BUT!

IN: Luongo, Mitchell, Pyatt, Chinourd, Krajeck
OUT: Bertuzzi, Jovo, Carter, Allen, Auld, Cloutier, Baumgartner, Ruutu

The worst part is that Nonis hardly has any cap space to add any quality.

I guess Jason King, Rick Rypien and Jesse Shultz are adequate enough to shoulder the load.:rolleyes:

Lets hope that come October we have a team that can at least make the playoffs.....becuase as of July 14th things do not look good!

Sandman

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NHL Free-agency! Who is signing where?

The big E has a new home!
Stars sign free agent centre Lindros

Canadian Press
7/17/2006 2:00:48 PM
DALLAS (CP) - Eric Lindros has signed a one-year deal with the Dallas Stars.
The NHL club made it official Monday after lawyers on both sides wrapped up a deal that was in the works this weekend.
"We're very excited to add a player like Eric Lindros to our roster," Stars GM Doug Armstrong said in a statement. "He has consistently been a player who produces offence when in the lineup. We believe that Eric will be an excellent addition to our team."
Lindros had 11 goals and 11 assists last season while earning $1.55 million with his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs but was limited to 33 games after injuring his wrist.
"I am very excited to join a winning organization like the Dallas Stars," said Lindros. "I believe I can offer a team like the Stars a lot and I look forward to joining the strong core of players this organization already has in Mike Modano, Jere Lehtinen, Marty Turco, Brenden Morrow and Sergei Zubov, among others."

Injuries have been the story for Lindros, who has missed at least 10 games in 11 of his 12 NHL seasons. Concussions have been his biggest concern, and the 33-year-old Lindros was forced to sit out the entire 2000-01 campaign after he was levelled by New Jersey's Scott Stevens during a playoff game the season before.
He has sustained eight concussions and played an average of only 59 games per season.
At six-foot-four and 240 pounds, he could provide the Stars with some much-needed size if he can stay healthy. The Stars lost Jason Arnott to free agency July 1 so they see Lindros has a good fit.
In 711 NHL games, Lindros has 367 goals and 472 assists.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nazzy and Mo's new linemate?

I think the Canucks have found a new linemate for Nazzy and Mo.

Reports out of Moscow, Russia says that 35 year old Pavel Bure has had successful knee surgery and is feeling healthy enough to make a comeback to the NHL. Bure has been working with a conditioning coach for the past 6 months and the timetable for his return could be as early as December.

There are several confirmed reports that a number of NHL clubs have shown interest in the Russian Rocket.

:)

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nazzy and Mo's new linemate?

Yoda said:
I think the Canucks have found a new linemate for Nazzy and Mo.

:)
With Nasland and Bure on the same line, their +/- wouldn't be any worse then it was with Bertizzi

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh no!!! The Nucks are losing another D-man! Wade Brookbank has reportedly signed a luctrative 1 year 2 way deal with the Boston Bruins. How are we going to replace this rock? What is Nonis going to do! What is Nonis doing fishing up the Coast when we are losing out on signing these free agents!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Who is going to scrap now?
I can only remember Brookbank, Ruuts, Bert and Carter fighting last year.

Who drops the Mitts!?

Wow; fights was the only thing this team was going to win this year now what??

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0