Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Johnny is Torts going to sell any of those plumbers we got over the summer. Kassian looks like Crosby compair to few of those Gillis got over the summer. P Anderson on D is not bad. Richardson not bad, rest o god season will be long. Five goals between all of them.
Lui should give hockey up stick to pocker. Gaunce Ok the other two junior soon. Shink was on his but for the most of the corner batle. Bo needs skating practices. He was hiting but forgot to scate. Totrs will become alki with that team. Twins scate in the corners like two balarina boys. It must drive Torts mad upstairs. No dam direct hockey. No way I will buy season tickets.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao. Wut a posst.

Not apologizing for the Canucks, the effort was largely terrible. (I was at the game and watched it with my own eyes)
First off, this was the first game action for the other half of the Vets...as of my recollection that's every "vet" into a game now except for Edler and Higgins (IIRC)

Kassian looked horrendous. End of.

Gaunce again looks slow and timid, he thinks the game very well and does well not to overskate the play or the net, which is how he's scored two goals in two PS Games. Gaunce also has looked decent on the wing (scoring his goals while playing wing) but aside from winning the lions share of his draws is lost and slow, often chasing the second forechecker in his own zone while playing Centre.

Horvat is solid positionally, but his skating and strength just isn't there for me to see him playing here (especially at C) He needs a year or two. Unless you want his career arc to top out as a 3rd line C, which is what happens to 18 year olds forced into that spot in a 4th or 3rd line role at Centre (See James Shepard, Colin Wilson, etc)

Shinkaruk again impressed me last night. Made an outstanding backcheck play to push Smyth off the 2 on 1 and had a few solid forechecks either forcing the turnover or making the takeaway. A few nice rushes and shots on net. again go back to my first posts in this thread, he's your replacement for Mason Raymond...or at least 9 games of action till Booth is back and you send Shinkaruk back to Medicine Hat. He's ready as far as a skill winger position player imho.

Mullen, Negrin and Jensen were the three worst abominations on the ice last night.

Also, can anyone remember a PS Game that Luongo ever looked good in, nevermind a RS game in October.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come guys Torts is better coach than you think. He is just bit nuts after the losses. The team will be OK. In preseason coach will use lots of youth. He will rest few better players. When season starts he will clamp down to six D and play dam hard defensive games first.
Some teams have more fire power. But very few have a guy like Lui to stop the pack. Till Christmas I see no problem. After the Christmas twins lose the drive. D is bit small for NHL, bigger clubs start to rough up both goaly and forwards with lack of grit. Coach is doing the right thing sending fourth line players to Utica. Only Gaunce Jenson and Bo an Shink will stay bit longer. Maybe even one of them will be sent packing.
Ricardson is a plus, Sentarelli could fit in OK. Jensen I have a consern about his willingness to get dirty. Bo has to step it up if he wants to stick around. Shink needs to stay on his feeet in the corners. In NHL you must take a hit and bounce back with ponishment of scoring a goal. Gaunce is very smart player. If coach needs guy like him he might stick around bit longer. The guy like Booth is one I woder about. Will he step in and produce or will he just skate around and shadow dance. We have twins we don't need any more dancers. Over all I think team is bit better this year. Young Anderson is OK in my opinion. He also has size for NHL.
Sestito better start roughing up some guys in the group just to make the guys think when they come to play here.
I think we will make the playoffs but past first round I ???? it big times. I still think Toronto and Vancouver should swap the D guys. Bieksa to Toront, tough guy from Toronto to Vancouver. Both teams would do better in playoffs.
All I know there will be no sand baggers with Torts. Just better stepup and play dam hard. Jensons ear will be ringing with Torts behind the banch. Booth will start hitting like he never did before. Alberst will spend one our skating after each practice till he can move his feet.
Goodnes if we head big Shawn Matthias from Pathers we might see cup in this city, how to get him is Gillis's ability to dance with Tallen.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats up all of you. Canucks loses three games with kids and all of you stop posting. In my opinion team will do OK. Small D is very good on power play and in his end. Alberts is slowley getting his legs. Lack is solid keeper. Penalty after penalty head the team all disfocused.
Edmonton has few good guns but their D is worse than Canucks D. Keeper is also worse than what we ave.
Lots of guys got sent down to Utica. We will see alot more starting players dress for next game. Booth on the other side is made of of glass. I just can not understand how one can get injured in a wormup. Sestito lacks more than fitness. Wiese is going to have tons of trouble with Torts if he draws penalties like last game. At least pund a guy if you are going to sit in PB. Kassian has to stop dancing like he is one of the twins and role his slives up and start hitting guys along the boars. No more cheep shots. Washington has a young guy that would fit Canacks style of play. Michal Cykovsky is the guys name. Big kid with good hands, with NHL ability in scating. Torts should look in to swaping some one for that kid. I like that Gaunce and Shink, Bo is starting too slow for my taste as a first rounder.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base...every thread you post in makes people want to stop posting. I know for sure that every time I see that you've posted I just skip on by and move on to the next post. People just get tired of your nonsense and it just kills threads and then it just becomes the Mr Base thread. Post after post of garbage and you wonder why people stop posting? It's not the topic dude................................IT IS YOU.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badcamp you must be having a bad day. All I ever said that three of those youg kids will be looked at for a while longer. Rest got sent to miners. Again I possted that Utica will have a good team. I also said Sentinalli and Richardson will fit so far both have. I still think our D is not good enough and that's what I see. Badcap you sound like guy that was siting at the end of the bach for years. If you think you inprove with fourth line additins, there will be no cup in this town. See in two games Raymond played sofar. He has three points. No you tell me that one of those guys they added is better. They are not even close. Raymond got seriously hut playing for them. Gillis and rest of them through the guy under the train. Changing a coach means nothing if they give him shyt players to coach. Spend buy tyrade and build. I am telling you kid in Wasington is better than any guy they added. Washington has a good team. I think he will be avalable. Buy one sell one change the style of the game. Dancers do not bring the cup in this town. Phanoufs will. As a coach for many years I see the sorse of problem. And I point it out. Bieksa could not care less if he plays here or not. His hart is not in to it. He dreams to play for Leafs. Camp you do't like me, no love loss I am not in to men. Regs find a friend for Badcamp he is very lonly.

Last edited:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Base...just Wao. Again today nobody posts and the Nucks routed the Yotes 6-1 last night and Lui stopped 21 of 22 shots fired his way...Wao!
Wins and losses means fcuk all in preseason hockey- That was essentially the Oilers team against our AHL team the other night, and vice versa last night against Phoenix. This is about getting a system installed and some chemistry going and figuring out who will step into the 2 (or so) available spots on the team.

There's no surprises here- Kassian has only shown that he has more growing up to do- lack of discipline, poor decisions, lack of intensity etc... Santorelli (former 20 goal scorer) has played well enough to probably send Gaunce (long term) and Horvat back to Junior. Jensen is most surely going down too now he's hurt. Zach Hammil has been recalled after being sent to Utica, but surely will be sent back before long

Essentially the team has now 16 FW's, 9 D, and the 2 goalies (Lack and Lui) as Cannata and Ericksson have been sent to Utica.

With Booth, Jensen and Schroeder now hurt they are at 13/14 Fwd's...based on what I've seen so far- You'll likely see this to open the year:
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Gaunce
Burrows - Kesler - Shinkaruk/Booth(*hurt again/still)
Hansen - Richardson - Higgins
Weise - Santorelli - Sestito

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Tanev - Weber
Alberts
(Corrado a potential shot, but Weber hasn't played bad enough and Weber's on a 1 way)

Luongo
Lack

That gives the Nucks ~$1MM in Cap space with Kassian, Gaunce and Shinkaruk on EL deals - only Santorelli (2 way deal IIRC) & Kassian can be sent to Utica, the others can go to Junior, any more than 9 games eats a year of their contract eligibility. I see Gaunce and Shinkaruk starting the year with the Nucks till Booth gets his Shite together and barring any waiver wire pickups, an improvement to the 4th line wingers.

Sadly we have a 4th line with Weise and Sestito on it here. :(

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny I don't think Torts is happy with Webers play. As you did see last knight second goal was the result of bad psitining. Staying that far from the shot will only get you hurt. Rest I agree with you. The cub must pickup a big D of of wavers in orther to be able to push around St Jose and LA and Ducks or we will miss the playoffs. To me both kids need to go down for a year and work on agressive cheking. Gaunce is ready if club needs a guy like him. Same goes for Corrado. Weber might help in power play but over all will coast a goal a game.
We have spend bit more time watching Washington drops and Phily's drops we might pick a kid or two that come to play with a chip on their sholder.
Sestitio and Dale just better start running the sea wall twice a week or upper level booth will be a place where they will eat chips.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis adds two more players to upper roster. Dalpe a 6'1 210 lw or C and Welsh a big centre 6'3'' 215lbs. Looks liks Torts wants to rub some faces in the corners. Both guys love to grind. Both have good stats in AHL. Both have played in HNL and both young. Big plus. We needed a big centre man.
See the devel is slowly getting smarter.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Claimed Ryan Stanton off waivers - 6'2" 200lb 6/7 D. 25 points, 126 PIM in AHL. Guess Alberts stellar performances in preseason got the jitters going.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good move. Bit more grit will not hurt the team. Aslo a very young guy. With him and Corrado club will be bit younger. In near future we will see Corrado back with the first team.Stanton will help. Big guy he can also standup for him self.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Torts knows how to run the plumbers and some have started to pick it up. Go go gajit you never know. Stanton is a surprize to me. Good addition.
Torts hits the home run again with that kid. If Dalpe works out Gillis will get some possitive news for a change. this town has bin negative on him. It could drive a guy to drink bit more. And if Welsh an Corrado can come up and help along the line you never kno. Just look whats going on in Phili and New York. we are ok so far. Ship is sailing alon the caps well.
Edmonton looks like farm team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gajit is the real-world actress name for the voice of Sally Bollywood.

Does everything need to be explained to you?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me twins are playing to get 5 year six milion a year. Kesler is playing to be traded. Team is playing to win. Lui head the last lough. Shnids girlfrien got the boot.
Torts is a dam good nutty coach. You never know. Trades are working out so far. If some one could light a fire under Keslers ars he might come to play each knight. Stanton good young player. Santarelli big help. Alberts might get bit choby before he gets a chance.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To think, I take a couple months off of TTP, come back and I still can't understand a thing you say. I think I'm glad you don't run the Canucks, but I can't be 100% sure on that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion they are better. Comprendo. You never know. Torts has more balls the AV. Even Booth looks like player. I can not say the same about Kesler. He runs around and hits people on weard angles. At his age he shoud learn to squareup to his hits. And stay close to the bords when he gets hit or he will get hurt again. He plays like some reckless kid but at his age bones don't heal he same as young kids.
Kes plays hard one game, next onehe dogs it big times.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts