Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov 2006-Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov 2006

striker14 said:
I hate to say it, but it's almost guaranteed that those of us playin' on grass...the rain is gonna kick us in the arse...it's just been far too wet.

How depressing...........

And what's even worse is when are we goign to make up the games that we missed.:( Good luck to everyone this weekend and hopefully the rain won't drain us out again.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov 2006

Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

WOOHOOO we got to play a game! First in 5 weeks like most of you.
Shock beat the Steel 2-1 today.

Hope everyone has an awesome holiday break!:D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

merry Christmas And Happy New Year From The Vancouver Jaguars

Attachments

• jags.jpg
    jags.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 184

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Man...this whole weather situation really sucks right now.
I love snow, but when it is reaking this much havoc on our soccer season...BEAT IT!!

It is gonna get cold, so that most likely means this foot and 1/2 of snow that we have received may take a while to melt.

Not lookin' too good for playin' some footy this weekend :(

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
How come only one person is drinking? :confused:;) :D

Ha Ha...good question!! I think most people put theirs down for the picture as not to spill on eachother...we have some people with problems with letting go on our team! ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, hopefully we will get lucky and be able to play this Sunday. If the rain holds up and washes away the white stuff, but then we have to worry about them cancelling for rain...they better not...we have to get some games in before Cup at least!

We, the Jaguars, have had 7 games cancelled...BRUTAL!!

Crossing fingers for everyone

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who's got the goods on the Meralomas (or whatever the heck they're called...)?? We've got them for the first round of cup play...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:
Who's got the goods on the Meralomas (or whatever the heck they're called...)?? We've got them for the first round of cup play...

They're in our pool Wings...not bad, not good...I haven't seen you ladies play, so I don't really have a comparison. If you take a look at the Div 2B pool, check out the scoreboard, it'll give you an idea...but, some teams can shock ya in the playoffs! :eek:

VANCOUVER JAGUARS 3 VANCOUVER MAVERICKS 1

I wasnt' there so not much of a play by play to give ya...we scored in the first 2 minutes...then a free kick by Rosy just outside the 18 yard box was buried...not sure when they got theirs, but our 3rd was a nice pass from Connie (mid) up to Aly, who just returned from across the pond, to grace us with some of her skillzzzzzzz, sinks one!

Good return in the New Year...

We have a 9pm game vs. Delta Rangers this Friday, Feb 2nd for anyone wishing to get outta the house.
Ladner...Holly School (turf)
This is a big game...we just moved up the ranks to #2 and they are now #3...we pushed past em'...STEPPIN' IT UP!!

How did everyone else make out?

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our game was cancelled...again...

Gonna be interesting going into Cup Play when we haven't played since before the Xmas break...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:

what for? frozen field? fog?
a friend of mine played on a frozen field...ref wanted to cancel it, but both teams wanted to play, so they played!

our pool is pretty tight...every game counts right now...we play that make up game and then we still have a game in hand.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:

Gonna be interesting going into Cup Play when we haven't played since before the Xmas break...

Hey Wings,

Happened to my team 4 years ago. We got two dumps of snow in January and our 1st game back was a cup game in the 2nd week of February. I think the last game we played was the last weekend of November that year so we didn't play for about 9 weeks. You'll be really sore the monday following your game back. Good luck.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Frozen and fog...bad combo...what really irks me is that we have a gorgeous turf field in Maple Ridge that we have to pay $400/season for and we haven't played on it once this season!

Not to mention the second turf field that was recently built that we were promised time on and we haven't even seen it yet...

blah...lack of soccer is making me very cranky!

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

This place is awfully quiet...not even game recaps!! I guess I will start it... Team Shocka Khan(he he he) beat the RC Rythm 4-0 on Sunday...great game ladies! Just hoping to get back in shape after all that time off...:p Looks like a tough game for Burnaby this weekend but of course no predictions. As for everyone else how was your last Sunday games??

B~Canadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

So we played the Lightning today, and im sad to say the game turned out to be just an exhibition due to our time change we were unable to get a referee.. w/ all the refs in the leauge..i just dont understand how things get organized, its pretty sad actually. But either way both teams had an opportunity to kick the ball around, get some running in before cup play. So the final score w/ 30 minute halfs was 0-0.
Well played ladies!
Tuesday Night should be a very competitive game vs ICSF, so good luck to both teams, and hopfully this time it will count! :p

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

"game turned out to be just an exhibition"

Hate to burst your bubble but according to the league that game should count
Operating rule #17. The Referee does not show up
If the referee does not show up, teams are asked to make every effort to play the game if at all possible. Any person who does referee the game is insured by BC Soccer in the event they incur an injury. Refereeing duties can be shared between the teams with a person from each team doing one half of the game. Players should cooperate with any replacement referee so as not to cause any undue stress in this/these individual(s).
If a team does not want to play the game when there is replacement referee available (this is anyone who volunteers to do the game) in almost all cases that team will be charged with a default and the game will be awarded to the team that was willing to play.
Perhaps the score would of been different if anyone had known this especially if this means any sort of relegation

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

FRIDAY NIGHT

Vancouver Jaguars 0 Delta Rangers 1

DAMN, it was cold!! It was on turf...9:00pm...make up game (thank-you to the Rangers for getting the pitch)
It was a tight game...we were all over them in the 2nd half, just couldn't bury it. Ref called the game while we were just about to take a corner kick...WHAT???? :eek: At least call it after the kick it taken?! oh well...off to the pub to thaw!

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Vancouver Jaguars 1 Bombastic A 3

Jaguars should have had this game...we were in their half for 90% of the game, but again, as noted above...just couldn't bury it. The chances that they did have, they capitalized...and that's how they won.
At one point...it is 2-1 Bombastic...10 mins left...our girl crosses it in...the Bombastic defender puts her arm out, knocks the ball down, nobody around her to block the ref's view of it...in the 18 yard box and we ALL call the handball...no call! :eek: :mad:
That could have been the game...tied up!
After the game, the Referee comes to me and says "I would have called that handball, but it was unintentional"
I just shook my head...

Anyways...well...11 games out of a possible 18 games this year is SICK...and now, playoffs...should be interesting!
We have 12 girls for our first playoff game this Sunday which is just ssssssssssssuper!! Some of our girls are off to VEGAS BABY!! We let that excuse slide ;)

Good luck Everyone...

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cowgirls easily beat the Speed on Sunday...We dominated most of the game and scored some pretty goals...

Speed had a couple of good chances near the end of the game...but our Goalie was ABSOLUTELY STELLAR!!!! She came up huge on a couple of breakaways and shots from just outside the 6...She was definitely on her game yesterday!!!

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

spongebobhotpants said:
"game turned out to be just an exhibition"

Hate to burst your bubble but according to the league that game should count
Operating rule #17. The Referee does not show up
If the referee does not show up, teams are asked to make every effort to play the game if at all possible. Any person who does referee the game is insured by BC Soccer in the event they incur an injury. Refereeing duties can be shared between the teams with a person from each team doing one half of the game. Players should cooperate with any replacement referee so as not to cause any undue stress in this/these individual(s).
If a team does not want to play the game when there is replacement referee available (this is anyone who volunteers to do the game) in almost all cases that team will be charged with a default and the game will be awarded to the team that was willing to play.
Perhaps the score would of been different if anyone had known this especially if this means any sort of relegation

Thanks for your quoting of the rules but both teams knew well beforehand of the lack of referee for the game and team officials agreed well before game time that the game would be a friendly. If you checked the MWSL standings the game is nowhere near being a relegation game, in fact it could mean promotion for either team, with that in mind the teams agreed to play a friendly and save this important game for when there is an official referee available.
In other words... we knew what we were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0