Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov 2006-Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Jags 2, RC Rhythm 3

Probably one of the better games for the Jags (close but no cigar) but the Rhythm came out on top.
Jags opened up with one early in the first half plenty of opportunities but couldn't tie another one down. The second half was filled with action, when the Rhythm scored 2 off the go. Give them a few minutes and another was polished off. With about 10 minutes left, the Jags put one in, but it wasn't enough. Solid play by both teams, a bit of grabbing from bith sides but that's expected....all in all a good game.

Now we're looking forward to CUP PLAY!!!!!!

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

killerboot13 said:
Jags 2, RC Rhythm 3

Probably one of the better games for the Jags (close but no cigar) but the Rhythm came out on top.
Jags opened up with one early in the first half plenty of opportunities but couldn't tie another one down. The second half was filled with action, when the Rhythm scored 2 off the go. Give them a few minutes and another was polished off. With about 10 minutes left, the Jags put one in, but it wasn't enough. Solid play by both teams, a bit of grabbing from bith sides but that's expected....all in all a good game.

Now we're looking forward to CUP PLAY!!!!!!

Well put killer I couldn't have put it better myself. Well done by both sides.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Striker,

Just looked at your Avatar:wa: ..... So ...... are ya:confused:. Congrats if you are and if you're not, WTF.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
Hey Striker,

Just looked at your Avatar:wa: ..... So ...... are ya:confused:. Congrats if you are and if you're not, WTF.

Ha Ha...yes CHAB, I am...very exciting...that's my kid!! :wa:
I am due in July...so, out for the remainder of this Season and Coed.

VANCOUVER JAGUARS 1 VANCOUVER HELENS 1

BUT WE WON IN PK'S...yaaaaay!!! :wa:
I was not there to witness this game, but, I hear we were all over them...should have popped about 5 more in, which seem to be an ongoing problem with our team :eek: , but, the girls pulled it off.
We had 11 girls, 1 sub who was sick as a dog, 1 birthday girl who was hung as a mutha but played the whole game...and they pulled out a win...LOVE IT!!!
Their goal was a PK, and supposedly, not the right call (handball) as our sweeper got a chest and shoulder on it, but, what can you do...we don't get the call last week FOR us, but we get one this week AGAINST us :rolleyes:

Onto next week...BBY Canadians Shock...any word on em'?!!

how did everyone else do??

striker/mommy14

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

striker14 said:
Onto next week...BBY Canadians Shock...any word on em'?!!

The Shock are quite a good team, good speed and good ball control so it should be a good game.

As for the GEU Jags we won our first game finally and we beat the North Shore Sharks 2-1. It was a good game by both teams.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shock is a quality team...They have a couple of cheap players who like to get their little shots in when they can so hopefully you get a decent ref. They like to pass the ball around a lot and have some good strikers...Stay all over them like a dirty shirt and some of their girls will start to fold under the pressure...Good Luck to you!

And I hear some congratulations are in order - Yay for you!!! :wa:

On a separate (crappy) note: Cowgirls lost 3-2 to the Melaromas (Meralomas?? I don't know what the heck their name is and I'm too lazy to check...) We just didn't have our heads in the right place. If we had brought our A game, it would have been a walk in the park...GRRRR....

Well....on to round 2...Anybody know anything about Valley United FC-B???

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:
And I hear some congratulations are in order - Yay for you!!! :wa:

On a separate (crappy) note: Cowgirls lost 3-2 to the Melaromas (Meralomas?? I don't know what the heck their name is and I'm too lazy to check...) We just didn't have our heads in the right place. If we had brought our A game, it would have been a walk in the park...GRRRR....

Well....on to round 2...Anybody know anything about Valley United FC-B???

Thanks Wingsy :p

Meralomas were in our pool...only got to play them once in the very beginning of the year and we killed em' I think? But, like I said before, Playoffs are a whole different ball game, so that is unfortunate you lost, but, onto the next game!!

Yeah, I think it'll be a good game vs. BBY Cdn Shock
We've got some pretty good passing going on with our team and we'll have 3 of our girls back, so, hopefully, we'll do ok, but thanks for the heads up!!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Jaguars 0 BBY Cdn Shock 1

Good battle, but again, we just couldn't finish. We were all over them in the first half...dwindled a bit in the 2nd, but really, this game could have gone either way.

BBY got a lucky goal in the 2nd...our keeps got her fingertips on it, but it crossed in front, and we all thought it was gonna keep trickling clear of the net, but their girl came flyin' in and roofed it.

BBY is a young fast team, as Wings and screamingbeauty had explained to me, and man, they like to dig in with the elbows, but, we kept up to them all game, just didn't have enough to finish.

I think we are done for advancing...we play next weekend in Langley, but, I think either way, we are only through to consolation...hard luck!

Good Luck to eveyrone else.

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Striker...we're heading to consolation with you after a gross 4-2 loss yesterday. Everything about the game was disgusting...the worst field I have ever seen...looked more like a cow pasture than a field...and by far the worst ref I've ever come across. Not only did he not call the million offsides (2 of which created their last 2 goals), but he actually threatened to leave the field during the second half. It wasn't even a yappy game! A couple of yells for offside and hand ball...but c'mon, this guy needed the help. His whistle was so far up his ass the whole game he couldn't have blown it if he tried...

So, it's off to the consolation round...again....sigh...

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:
So, it's off to the consolation round...again....sigh...

FYI... 8 teams into Championship round (obv. the winners of each group) but also only the team that finishes 2nd in each group gets into the Consolation Round.

So.... only 16 teams get into "knockout" stages of Cup play, everyone else plays makeup league games I think

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well doesn't that suck...so unless we play 4 round robin games, we don't have a chance...Isn't that a great bit of news to wake up to???

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have stayed in bed then. Is this the 1st thing you do when you wake up? Turn on your computer and log onto TTP:D You're as bad a Striker. Striker has an excuse, she needs the exercise.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Should have stayed in bed then. Is this the 1st thing you do when you wake up? Turn on your computer and log onto TTP:D You're as bad a Striker. Striker has an excuse, she needs the exercise.

ouch! :eek:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, you now have a little one to think about so work on that cardio......put the beer down, then up to your lips but don't drink, then back down and back up and down (I know it's killing you not to take a sip) don't forget to do that on both arms so you're not overdeveloping one side.........:p

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:

Actually, I sleep in my computer chair so I can read posts as soon as they're posted...

And I may not be the only one...Can'tHeadABall is posting at 1:00am?? :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 2 Langley Cyclones 2

BUT WE WON IN PK'S :wa:
We won't be going thru to the next round, but man, it sure felt good to win this game. The Langley Cyclones are no more than 25 years of age and you could sure tell :rolleyes:
There were comments from their sidelines like "hey, get #22 and take her out" and when one of our players went down with a goose egg from head to head contact, and I asked if they had an icepack, and the Coach went to get it, we got a comment like "oh, now you wanna be nice?" fuk, I hate that kinda crap...there is just no room for that kind of bullsh*t on the pitch.
Near the end of the game, when we were up 2-1, there was absolutely no going for the ball on their part, it was all cleats up and elbows flyin' at our girls...it was absolutely brutal!!

Our PK's were BEAUTY...all 3 of our girls capitalized (Krysko, Shannon and Rosy). Our stand in keeps (Andrea) was AMAZING...saved 2 and 1 went wide. She's a natural!

I hear we'll have make up games all of March which is nice. I hope the weather keeps up for us.

How did everyone else do?!

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Play the way you normally do and you should have no problem. We played them with 11 players (including 2 or 3 injured girls) and we were evenly matched until the end when we died of exhaustion.

Their defense likes to get out of thier zone quickly so watch the offsides, but if you're smart about it you should be able to put in some easy through balls for breakaways...

They're an average team with a couple of good players in the middle. Control the middle of the park and it'll be game over for them.

Good Luck....Do Div 2D proud....:)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey IamCanadian,

Ask me at indoor on saturday. If they have the same core then I remember them as they have been up and down between Div 1 and Div 2 for years but I can tell you when we played them, they gave us problems. Having said that, I am not sure who is on their roster this year so Wings probably knows them best.

CHAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0