Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov 2006-Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Canadians 4 - 0 Poco Steel

Division 2 Burnaby Canadians Shock finished up the winter 2006-2007 season by winning the league cup championships on April Fools Day. Overall it was a clean fun game played by both sides. It turned out to be a beautiful day to play our final at Surrey Athletic Park. The Shock won 4 to 0 against the Poco Steel, one of their toughest opponents of the year. The Shock took a 3 to 0 lead into halftime on goals from Aggie Wierzbicki, Dara Wone and Lisa McKillican. Linda Radonjic added the final goal in the second half off a corner kick from Jennifer Saito. Andrea Lowther held the shutout in goal behind the defensive line of Jennifer Saito, Kelly Huntingford, Julia Beeger, Alicia Brady and Emily Bowie. Playing a strong 90-minute game the Shock come away with the championship. Burnaby Canadians Shock players include: Julia Beeger, Emily Bowie, Alicia Brady, Emily Carlson, Jennifer Christie, Julie Christie, Britney Gill, Kelly Huntingford, Andrea Lowther, Lisa McKillican, Linda Radonjic, Jennifer Saito, Lindsay Shuster, Stephanie Tortolano, Aggie Wierzbicki and Dara Wone. The Shock would like to thank their coaches Mike Christie and Mark McKillican and all those who came out to support them throughout the season. We want to congratulate Poco on making the final and playing a great game!!:)

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-0...Geez, that's a bit of a slaughtering for a final...And to think Poco wanted to play Burnaby instead of Inter in the semi-final...hmmm...figure that one out.

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey OldBoot... I believe I owe you a swift push down the hill??? lol

:bronco: :wa: CONGRATS TO MY FELLOW BURNABY CANADIANS:wa: :bronco:

From the "monsterous" japanese sweeper?!?! haha thats definitely one I've never heard before

OldBoot

Mar 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but it's not as easy to hit me with your portable bench as it would be with a proper trophy. You'd think they could come up with some hardware?! What the hell are you supposed to drink out of after the game . . .

OldBoot

Mar 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reply to WINGS:

You still don't get it, it was never about who we thought was better (or worse), it was about who we'd have some fun playing against . . .

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Burnaby...at least we can say we lost to the Champs! :p

Have fun in the Summer ladies!!

striker14 aka: HOT MAMA!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the preference for me to play Bby has nothing to do with me thinking I've got a better chance to win. I happen to know some of the girls from Bby through indoor and thought it would be fun to have a rematch.

Consider that we only lost 2-1 our last game against them. We started the game 1 short, two of our players were still drunk from Xmas parties, it was our new goalies first game and we had no subs, I think we'd have a damn good chance at beating Shock in a rematch.

I know what you said...but you quickly followed it up by saying you thought you had a good shot at beating them...I was just pointing out that you were very wrong, and it would be silly of you to want to play them in the semi's just because you wanted to have a kick around with some girls you know.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...who's in for goin' to the meeting...signing in...looking interested for about 10 mins and sneaking out to watch the game??!!! ha ha ha...

For all those who have been b*tching about "new blood" etc...here's your chance to pipe up tonight @ the meeting.

GO CANUCKS GO

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are there ever any "results" :rolleyes:
Same bullsh*t as past years
I ducked out early...went to the pub area next to the meeting room to watch the game...sat down and who comes out to the Pub to check the score of the game...Bob...didn't see me :D SAFE!!

There was a vote taken for positions in the League...there were 4 spots to fill and 5 nominees...I wonder how many people actually put JJ's name on their voting card :rolleyes:

have fun this summer ladies

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars vs. Vancouver Lightning

Well...considering we didn't have a Referee show up for our very first game of the Summer Season, it ended in a tie game...1-1...and our Coach did the Referee'ing!! What a joke...and when Bob was questioned...his response was something in the way of "I have no idea?" (not those exact words, but pretty damn close)

FIRST GAME AND IT'S ALREADY IN SHAMBLES...ha ha ha!

Oh well...the girls had a good run around...no sense in cancelling it, right?!

We play the Breakers tomorrow at Needle Park...uh, I mean Strathcona Oval, so we'll see if we're lucky enough not to get poked and have a Ref show up! :rolleyes:

striker14

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please start a new thread for the above in the BC Summer Leagues forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0