Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 1 & 2 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...

I guess that is kinda cool that you get to lay down the time and all, but man, it would have been nice to play them this Saturday, eh? I definately can't come watch you guys pummell them on the 7th because I have a game vs. our rivals, Croatia SC (my sister in law plays on that team).
Well...good job Capt. ;)

I hope you guys give them the business and pummell them!!

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't care who we'er playing but...

a 9:30am kickoff in North Van? I feel like I'm being punished! :mad: :(

My feet & ankles don't even start to function until around 11am so this is not good..... (someone's gotta tell that man of mine to quite sqeezing my ankles so hard above my head! :D ) :eek:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha

Anyways.... FCUK the Rovers! We'll kill 'em Dec 7th & 13th!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
have fun...

You ladies are gonna love playing in the FREEZING cold in N.Van

I hate playing in N.Van because the games are always early!!
have a good one

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attn: Club Ireland Ladies

The S.Rover's play at 2:00pm tomorrow after the Van. Jaguars. It should be interesting to have them standing on the sidelines watching our 2nd half...ha ha ha ;) The game is at Slocan, so if any of you ladies would like to come and watch us at 12pm and watch the S.Rovers at 2:00pm...pack your warm clothes in your kit, grab some hot chocolate...and come watch!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker 14,

The game will be a waste of time. It will be a blowout.......You're better off staying warm. :)

This message was taken right from the MWSL website. It's good to see that they're concerned about the player's safety more than the fcuking field's grass......

WEATHER - The forecast low temperature for Friday, November 21, 2003 is for -3C. This is cold enough to freeze the top of most grass fields. If it rains, the rain in most cases will lie on top of the frozen ground. Teams are NOT to play on any field where part of the field is frozen. If you do you will rip up the existing grass and make the field unplayable for the remainder of the season. Even if the referee tells you the field is playable do not play on it if you and your team mates are of the opinion the field will be damaged by playing on it. On most of the fields that we have each team shares the field with other teams in our League. This is especially so in Vancouver. It is important to use common sense on whether your game goes ahead or not. Bob Cormack, President, MWSL

I can't believe it doesn't mention anything about the safety of the players........:rolleyes: :mad:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field condition

Players... what are players???:rolleyes:

I like the fact that they tell you to over rule a referee too!:confused:

So, you show up... it's fcuking cold... and you only have 11 players against the top team....
"You know what ref? That field is frozen."
Referee looks somewhat perplexed - and disagrees.
"Yes it is, you see that square inch of frost over there - play on that and we will wreck the field something fierce."
The referee disagrees, and asks the team to stay.
"Thanks but we're going home. The Prez said we could."
Team walks away. Referee is now in a state of utter disbelief. Team captain is overheard climbing into her Tercel... "Hey I still have 25 bucks. Everyone... pints on me!"

Is it any wonder this league can't get good referees?!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Striker14.

Well, it finally happened. We conceded a goal and what a fcuking stinker of a goal. There was a little bit of slush/snow on the field and the ball came through to our keeper. She came and picked it up before their striker got there. Her TOE went over the line and nothing else. Free kick called. This was in the first 10 minutes of the game. The worst of it was that our ladies didn't set up a bloody wall for the shot. It certainly wasn't a great shot, as our keeper was probably on the wrong side of the net. The Captain wasn't happy giving up a goal like that. Poor execution and shoc-king call. Anyway......After that, we took the piss out of them. Our 4th goal was the best goal of the season for us, as it started in our backline and came through our midfield, a couple of wall passes, ball knocked out wide to the right midfielder who blew past the defender, cut the ball back and our striker, Jo, roofed the shot. MAGIC. Jo went on to score the hat-trick, earning her player of the game honours. The final score was 5 - 1. Our div. 3 game was postponed because several members of the other team were attending a funeral.

Big game next week against the Rumble, who took two points off of us last time......We will have a full squad this time though, so I hope the result will be different.......

Captain

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars vs. North Shore Strikers

Wow...we got thumped :(

We lost 7-3...but it was a great game up until about 10 mins. into the 2nd half.

To start the game, I, striker14 had a breakaway, and just got the shot off before the Goalie and I collided HARD and lucky the ball just kept on rollin' to put us up 1-0. ( I am feeling that hit today)
Then they tied it up on a nice shot over the keeper. We went up 2-1 and they answered back with 3...so, it was 4-2 at halftime.

First 5 mins. into the 2nd half...Lips takes a corner kick...straight at the goal line, where yours truly, striker14 was planted right in front of their goalie and the ball went in off of my left boob...OUCH...cold boobs are sore as is, and to have a ball hit it...yowza!!!:eek: ;) Game got exciting, and then we fell apart...they scored 3 goals and that was it.

Anyone know of any Goalie's...we need one BADLY...both of our Goalies have not shown up to our games because of work, etc... so we are dying a slow and painful death because we have our sweeper who is the best one on the field in net, and that just isn't cool. She has done GREAT for us, but we need her out!!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough Luck Stripper! :( That sucks about you losing your first game back! I'll keep my eye out for a keeper for you guys!

Cub Ireland game....
I showed up to the field at about 9:10am half awake and fully expecting the game to be cancelled for snow but when we got closer to Grouse Mnt there was NO snow....
Then the speach from the coach about some people showing up not expecting to play and how that's no way to start off a game....
:eek: :( Wasn't me! :D ha ha ha So I got it together and we played a great game less that Free kick!

And Jo was the MVP that game with a hat trick (should've been 4 as she hit the crossbar AGAIN in that game!) :D

GAWD I LOVE PLAYING FOR CLUB I NOW.......

Spazz

andwherewereGlasgowGhirlandStifferforthatgame??

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz

Spazz ...

The stiffer and Glasgow Ghirl were curled up in a down quilt sawing logs till GG got a text message about some jack ass who had to park her car at my house ... and then again but some other jack ass on the team who needed directions.

GGmakeseverygame,justnot9:30inNVan

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 1 Rumble 1

I was only able to stay 40 minutes because of our men's game BUT we were fcuking awful. Too many players didn't WANT to win that game. We are going to be in trouble next week against Shamrock Rovers if we play like that. If we don't win that game, then we can kiss promotion good-bye, which I don't really think would bother some of our players. That is disappointing. Perhaps Glasgow Ghirl/Spazz could describe it after I left. By all accounts, it didn't change much.

A disappointed Captain

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal Club I Game

Don't know what happened...... :( :mad:

We didn't play as we were taught! Too much down the middle of the field and inaccurate passes..... but what really hurt us was not getting to the ball first!

We also couldn't get a shot on net (maybe something to work on Coach?) and our forwards & mids don't realize they can pass back out to the defenders to have a shot when the net is packed full of players! :eek:

...... and that's 4 out of 4 games we hit the crossbar! :rolleyes: Unlucky!

Both goals sucked! They scored first which we can chalk up to poor defending on our part and OUR goal was their keeper's fumble! Either way it was a tie and better than a loss-though we should we beaten them!

But now we MUST beat the Rovers this Sunday for 1st place!

:D Spazz
whowillmoerthanlikelybeHUNGOVERSundayfromawedding! :eek:

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
OUCH

I agree completely Spazz. I missed the first 15 or so minutes and as soon as I walked up I could see how poorly we were playing. I noticed a large gap between our Defence and Mids. We weren't first to the ball at all. We weren't playing to feet nor making any effort to get a decent pass off. Team effort there. Their goal was created by a bobbled ball in the middle by one of our C halves, then it got knocked back to a flat footed defender who didn't take the time to look up and clear it, had it take a bad bounce off her shin pads and straight to the Rumble forward who caught Mags off guard and couldn't get off her line.
Our goal was well placed , we had a through ball up the right side to which Carrie made a great pass into the six yard box, where Jo was with their keeper who coughed it up and Jo barried it.

Lets put the game behind us and move on the those damn Rovers ... big points on the line.
We need a crowd out for that game ... get your togues and gloves and come support the lassie's of Club Ireland Sunday morning.
Spazz .... hangover for that game not at all recommended:D

Glasgow GhirlwhowishesshecouldplaytheRoverstoo.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't avoid the hangover

Balsa warned me that this wedding will be a big Piss Up so it's unavoidable.....

But I usually play a good game when hung over..... (keep your fingers crossed this will be another one of those times!)

But I want to win this game bad, not only for first place but also for the Jags ;) :p

We need to start fresh & lay like we can this weekend!

:D Spazz

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glasgow Ghirl and Spazz
lay like we can this weekend
I agree, call me!
As for Spazz, I will be there so her chances of getting thru the night without drinking will be slim (me) and none (Balsa's hair).

WhyamIonthisthread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0