Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 1 & 2 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

Obviously you weren't in position to see the play, so your assessment is MOOT. Also, why did the fcuker wait until the ball went in the net to call it offside? If it was offside, he should have called it right away. He was wrong. Their team knew it and we knew it. Unfortunately, it could cost a chance at promotion. Cnut.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was right across from you: I looked right across the field as you were doing your George Costanza routine...the one where he got his nickname (Koko) after his workmates saw him ranting in the hallway?

As to why the ref waited so long, I don't know. He seemed to have a thing about taking his time. He would also wait to see if injured players were breathing (by checking their chests up close) before allowing anyone on to the field as well.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously you need your eyes checked, Peter. You are older than me after all. ;) I think you would have to agree that he was fcuking hopeless. Costanza? I thought I was very calm despite witnessing one of the worst/most influential calls I've seen in a LONG time..... BTW, how come you were there?

Captain

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old habits die hard...no new tricks for this dog.

Our game (I say "our" like I'm playing which I'm not but I still like to come out and have a few watching the old coots) was cancelled at Wesburn and Richie Cannon's (who's been a great addition to the squad this year) wife Sue plays for the Rovers. He suggested pints at Confederation and I thought it sounded like a good idea.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well my view of the game was close to the Captain's, Club I was definitely the superior team and were unlucky not to get a win. I really only saw one good chance for the Rovers while the red head up front for Club I missed about 4 chances in the last 25 minutes alone.

In regards to the offside it was a brutal call by the ref as he was way out of positon to make any call. He must have been up at the centre circle when he called it. The play was happening around the 6 yard box. He then waited a few seconds after the ball was already in the net before even blowing the whistle. I wasn't in a great spot to say if it was offside or not but the guy who was getting paid was sure as hell not in position. His called showed his lack of talent as a ref. You should never make a call if you are not sure.

I think the Rovers realized they were lucky when I saw one of their players celebrate by jumping up and down and cheering aloud when the goal was called back. Was quite funny actually. Definitely a game which Club I should have won. Too bad they couldn't finish which would have made the offside moot.

CAPTAINOWESBALSABEERFORGETTINGSPAZZTOTHEGAMEATAM. ESPECIALLYAFTERCOMINGFROMAWEDDINGINMAPLERIDGETHENIGHTBEFORE!!!!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars vs. Croatia SC

Well...our streak is still alive...another loss :(

Bad luck...slippery balls (what girl likes them?) and a bunch of whining Croatians was how this game ended!! It actually got as far as Croatia calling me a "cnut of your mother" and of course, the Referee HANS (yes Spazz....I wasn't pleased) can't understand Croatian slander, therefore, the cursing went unnoticed, and it continued throughout the game.

The Croatians are a better bunch since the beginning of the Season...they are on a roll, but man...could they whine anymore?? Their coach is a loud mouth...can't stand him! :mad:

Bruised and battered...the Jaguars hung their heads in a 3-1 loss and look forward to the rematch. Jaguars won back in October, so we are in a 1-1 tie vs. Crotia. The next game will be loaded with excitement...guaranteed ;) :p

striker14 :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough Break Stripper!

Geez, you guys sure aren't playing to your potential! I know you can beat Croatia...... :rolleyes:

Who scored?

You guys just gotta pull up your socks and get back into the game! :p

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Spazz

Originally posted by Glasgow Ghirl
Spazz...

I thought you may have jumped on the Captain for the whole drink thing ...

GG
Or...just JUMP on the Captain :p

+SCjusttaggedback:p

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Balsa, I owe you and Spazz a couple of beers. Hopefully we'll see you at the Christmas fundraiser on Saturday.

If a Scottsman is buying drinks, I will make sure I am there. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which Scotsman is buying drinks? I'll be dying to find out, so I can take advantage of the situation........

Back on topic, we need Kerrisdale to take two points from the Rovers and their cnut of a coach.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attn: Spazz

You guys played the Rovers this weekend? Did you guys tie?
Did you play much...what did you think?

What a bunch of whiners, eh?

striker14 ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They tied-no score!!

See the Captain's post above......

They played well and actually scored but the bias ref called it offside! :mad: And there were a few more chances after the fact but they couldn't quite get it in the net!

Next time Club I will win!!!

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GAME ON

SATURDAY JAN 17th ... Club Ireland VS Shamrock Rovers

A must win game for The Hoops ... come one come all!!!!

This ones for you Striker 14.

Glasgow Ghirl

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well weather permitting ...

Saturday Jan 17-04 McMath School here in Richmond at 1pm.
We need all the fans we can get out for this one too, so make your hot chocolate and spike it with Baileys CUZ, it's damn cold out there!!!

Glasgow Ghirl

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'A' 1 Shamrock Rovers 0

A fully deserved 3 points. We had several outstanding chances to score but failed to until about 20 minutes into the second half. We controlled the play throughout, except for 15 minutes in the first half, where we were too passive. The goal was scored by Jen Rogerson after a bit of a scramble in the box. Their coach failed to shake hands after the game. Arse hole.

So we are in first place for now but the Rovers have a game in hand. Fortunately, they have to play the third place team twice, which will be no easy task, since Kerrisdale still have a mathematical chance to win the league. Hopefully, they bring their best squad. We play the second to last placed team twice to complete our schedule. If Kerrisdale/Rovers tie at least one of the games, we would be tied in points assuming we win our last 2 games......

Does anyone know how they determine the winner in the women's league? I'm assuming the first tie-breaker is head to head? But it could be goal difference I gues. OR it could be a playoff, which would suit me fine. :) Let's hope for Kerrisdale to beat the Rovers in one of the two games.

Captain

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know how they determine the winner in the women's league?

Nobody really knows how they determine anything in the MWSL. One week the rule goes one way the next week it is completely different.

Some teams at the bottom of their group stay up others get relegated 3 bloddy divisions.

Some teams get to postpone their games with 2 days notice other are not allowed to do it with 9 days notice.

Some teams play by the league rules and always loose out others ask the league (or a specific board member) to make a special circumstance just for them and end up screwing everyone else.

Do you sense a taste of bitterness!!!

Good luck with the rest of the season, I do hope Club I gets promoted , maybe we could have an exhibition match after league and before cup?

If your tied for first place the shamrocks will probably go up because they are the less deserving team right!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's exactly right.

For some reason the Rovers, who are known to be a cheap team that fights and receives multiple cards, get favors from the league and will probably be promoted only cause their coach has a huge mouth and shoots it off constantly! (Probably helps that he used to be on the MWSL discipline committee...) :rolleyes:

CS forgot to mention that 2 Rover's were given yellow's in our game Saturday which were both brutal.... one blatenly kicked out our sweepers ankles and the other grabs our teammate by the hair and throws her into a headlock FOR NO REASON..... great sportsmanship from these girls.....

Club I put them in their place! :D

Spazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0