Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 1 & 2 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I put them in their place!

We sure did ... SECOND place!

Yes, they do have a couple of scrapy players on their team, but in all fairness what can you expect when you have a coach like that on the sidelines. If anyone noticed when we scored, their whole team looked to the sidelines for his reaction ... not cool. He is not at all positive, even after the game he was yelling at players in the parking lot.
Two yellows were handed out and will also be reported, just incase they have a couple already ...which is very likely ... we may get lucky and they may be short against Kerrisdale!!!

GG

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'A' 2 Delta Speed 0

11th shutout in 13 games. They fielded a team by bringing up 8 players from somewhere else. The coach was upfront about it and we could have taken by points by default. We didn't and went on to win in cold Saturday afternoon at McMath...I believe the Shamrock/Kerrisdale game was postponed AGAIN, so we still don't know our fate.......

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1B Action

Westside Renegades 3 - 1 Southside Strikers

The girls capped off the season with a convincing win and allowed only their 5th goal of the season. Going undefeated throughout the year, it remains to be seen what the league will do with them next year. Promo, or Div 1A? Who really knows?

Andthebetterhalfistiedforfirstinthescoringrace

SCREEN

Sep 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
KEEPER congrats on a great season.. Im not sure if this is right , but isn't 1A all valley teams ,Chilliwack,Aldergrove,2 Langley teams, Pitt Meadows,2 Cloverdale teams and one New West team. 1B seems to be Burnaby,Vancouver, North Van Etc.. and 1C Delta, Richmond, Vancouver etc. To be promoted wouldn't you just go to Premier B ?? If you know how this works please reply...Good Luck everyone in the round robin...

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the thing with womens league they try to make it geographical. It shouldn't be. They should tier the Div1 and Premier ...there seems to be quite a change in calibar between the two division and geography shouldn't play a role.
We asked to be switched from Div 2 b to any other group ... just to get a games against teams who we didn't already play all summer and then again all winter. The league made a fuss, saying most WOMEN don't want to travel for soccer. They try to place us close to home ... BULLSH*T. Just like how we don't play on Thanksgiving ...we need to be close to the kitchen to check the turkey :rolleyes:

Never expect the obvious in this league ....

Glasgow Ghirl

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be promoted wouldn't you just go to Premier B ?? If you know how this works please reply...

Screen

The trouble is that there is no set in stone way that the league deals with promotion and relegation. On many occasions the teams winning their group do not get promoted and the teams losing their group do not get promoted and othr teams get relegated 3 divisions and other teams are created in premier that did not exist in the league before while the executive continually spout about new teams starting at the bottom and working their way up.

The league and the rules may tell you one thing, but that one thing has a tendancy to change from week to week.

The trouble is that the league is formed on a competitive structure (i.e. promotion/relegation) but mostly run from a recreational point of view (i.e. matching teams with other of their caliber regardless of the competitive structure).

The way the league is run has made more then a few involved angry and confused. Those that want to play competitively are treaded as recreational teams and vice versa.

In my mind there is a distinction that needs to be made in the league, that being of competitive teams and recreational teams. I am currently working on a proposal to be put forward tothe league that will address this issue, but with my luck it will be ignored or lost or thrown out. Just like my request to see the financial statements from last year (I have been asking the President of the league for these for several months now but to no avail). I mean how long does it take to pull up a file from the computer and send it to someone - the problem is there is no official accounting and no formal statements are ever made except when the leagues financial standpoint is read aloud at the AGM!!!!

I would like to continue but it will be off topic.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glasgow Girl,

It is that whole competitive vs recreational mentality again.

The league can't seem to figure out that many women want to play competitively just like many men just want to play recreationally.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GROUP 3 TEAMS GP W L T F A +/- PTS
Club Ireland A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Burnaby Shooters 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Valley United Sliders 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
North Shore Rebels 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

How about the fcuking div. 3 schedule? This should be enough fcuking travel for the next 5 years? Golden Ears and Abbotsford. Excellent. :mad:

GROUP 8 TEAMS GP W L T F A +/- PTS
West Richmond Strokes 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abbotsford Steelers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Club Ireland B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Golden Ears Jags 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hopefully, we play Golden Ears/Abbotsford at home........ :rolleyes:

BTW, GG, how is that turkey doing? :D

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Golden ears game is at home ... Captain.

Turkey is done ... is the fukking gravy that is giving me a problem!

GG

I thought that the round robin draws were supposed to be the top teams playing the bottom teams to knock off some teams, that way when you get to single knock out there won't be blow out games?????

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KEEPER congrats on a great season..
Keeps, when did you start playing in the women's div?

To be promoted wouldn't you just go to Premier B ?? If you know how this works please reply...

Screen, how much money do you have? Are you screwing or dating anyone on the MWSL commitee? If any of those questions are answered 'lots' 'yes' and 'yes', then you could probably tell us how things work!

GG, I've never seen you in the kitchen, for sure all over the turkey, but not in the kitchen :eek:

+observingSC

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GG, I've never seen you the kitchen, for sure all over the turkey, but not the kitchen

What about all those years of "kitchen parties" ????
You were away quite sometime you know ... I'm quite domesticated now. Just ask Captain , god knows I've had to clean up after his ass many nights!!!!

GG

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ass cleaning...

Glasgow Ghirl said:
Just ask Captain , god knows I've had to clean up after his ass many nights!!!!

Let's have a show of hands who hasn't had to clean up after the Captain :knvb: That's what I thought :rolleyes:

+SCGoodluckwithcupplayGGandClubI ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YA! Not a bad draw.....

Just checked the standings (ya ya I know that doesn't mean everything) and Sliders & Rebels are both in 3rd place and the other two are even lower so atleast we're not up against the other 1st place teams to begin with! ;)

:D Spazz

gettingexcitedaboutcupgames....... :wa:

SCREEN

Sep 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow I didn't know there was sooo much to it..But you would have to agree it would sure suck if Chilliwack (unbeatable) was in 1B or 1 c. 2 hour road trip were your 3 points wouldn't come easy.About that turkey situation, send the family to your mother in laws for dinner and take off on a road trip to Penticton, for the Thanksgiving tourney.FUN FUN FUN

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's have a show of hands who hasn't had to clean up after the Captain

After the last clean-up on Saturday night, I'm still being given the silent treatment. This could be a record, if this keeps up. Thanks for knocking over the table, Club I Champ... ;)

On to the cup but I really want the league games to be played, so we can hopefully know more about next winter.... :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are league games?

I think the league games are usually finished up early in the year, so why such a rush? Oh yeah, to prolong the league to coinside with the mens :rolleyes:

Cappy, I hope you used your time wisely on Saturday and found me a new doubles special location. BTW...(see image below) :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'A' 2 Burnaby Shooters 1

The score looks a lot closer than the game really was. Having said that, we were rubbish for most of the game. We should have been up by 3 at the half but we weren't. We went up by 2 and they scored with 20 minutes to go on a defensive blunder. We only had 11 players and quite a few players who were having a hard time playing 90 minutes. That is to be expected though because we are so used to having several subs. Hopefully for next week, we'll bring up a few youth players to strengthen the team and give some much needed subs. Overall, we plunked our way to this win. Well done, ladies.

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Renegades v. Richmond were postponed at Terra Nova yesterday. The 10 o'clock match was played (Club I vs. Burnaby, me thinks), afterwhich the noon game was cancelled due to mucky conditions.

No doubt the 2pm game was played later. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, we played our game at 2:00. I don't believe there was a game on before us. Having said that, the park was fcuking awful.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh. Still, there was indeed some game played at 10. The 10 o'clock ref put the kibosh on the 12. It's a wonder the 2 o'clock ref didn't do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0