Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 1 & 2 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I vs. Valley United Sliders 4-0

Good game. We didn't play to our usual full potential but we came out okay.

We finished the first half only with a 1-0 score but we missed so many chances only to have a little better luck in the second half!

This Saturday we got up against the North Shore Rebels (Thank God for a home game not a 9:30am kickoff!) 1pm @ McMath!! Should be a good one..... played against them last season they're pretty good!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 3 North Shore Rebels 0

Not much to say. It could have been 8 - 2, as our goalie came up with two saves on partial breakaways. We didn't play well unfortunately but they were mince, despite the fact that they outworked us for the majority of the game. Down to the single knockout phase......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 3 Shamrock Rovers 1

This means the Hoops win div. 2 B this year. They still have to play two more games but with our 5 - 0 win over Delta Speed compliments of a 5 goal burst by Jennifer Default, we can't be caught. Congrats to all of the women who played on both teams. This certainly opens up some options for next year, as we will have a div. 1 and div. 2 spot. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable first season and hopefully we can continue to get stronger. Well done, ladies!

Captain

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Kerrisdale 3 Shamrock Rovers 1

This means the Hoops win div. 2 B this year. They still have to play two more games but with our 5 - 0 win over Delta Speed compliments of a 5 goal burst by Jennifer Default, we can't be caught. Congrats to all of the women who played on both teams. This certainly opens up some options for next year, as we will have a div. 1 and div. 2 spot. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable first season and hopefully we can continue to get stronger. Well done, ladies!

Captain
Hey Captian,

Just getting the hang of this forum so if I screw up in posting this, just ignore me, everyone else does. As to you "getting Spots" in the next division, are you sure that is guaranteed??? I have only been around the league a few years but it seems to me that some teams that have won their division / grouping have either not been promoted or choose not to go up, if that is even possible. May want to check on that but if you are getting screwed now, who knows what is next.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'theadaball,

I've heard the same things too. However, we definitely want our teams to go up and I've been making it pretty clear all year that if we did win our division that we would want both of our teams going forward. That was our only goal this year as a club. I've heard of other teams not going up because they don't want to. I guess my question is why would the league have so many divisions if there was no promotion/relegation every year? Surely most teams would not want to stay in the same division every year, if they were winning it easily or losing handily every week? Anyway, perhaps I'm making an assumption with a team that wins a division. But I don't think there is a league in the world that doesn't have automatic promotion for league winners(except the top level of course) and I would like to think that the MWSL would be no different. I hope.

Captain

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree but I can only go on what I have heard and when you get to Div 1, there are teams that are quite good at the Div 1 level but have mo stomach to play Premier B. Mu understanding is teams going into Premier B have hopes of going into Premier A one day. There are several Top Div 1 teams that I know do not want to move up as the committment level is another ball game and they are quite happy staying competitive in Div. 1 so maybe that is the exception, I do not know. I do think you ar right about Div 3 moving to Div 2 and Div 2 moving to Div 1 as those are good moves. Some of the Top Div 1 teams this year are older teams and so moving up is not an interest to some. Good luck and we can hope that your team does move up as you deserve it and want to move up.

Can'tHeadABallandslowingdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0