Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB & Smallsey,

Don't let the VMSL down. Those will be 2 very tough games. VanTrieghts at home and with the big crowd will be intimidating, but Westside is still the better squad. As for Gorge, Sporting will need some massive luck on their side.

Just remember, in the end, an Island ref will probably be the difference.

With both teams on the same ferry ride back; BC Ferries will need extra crew members to watch for overboards. :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 Gordon Head 1

Zaurrini, where's your "don't let the FVSL down"??? :rolleyes:

After another 120 minutes my body is right f'd... These OT's are bloody destroying me... I'm not as young as I used to be (sitting on the bench for 75)... I must say Gordon Head battled well and were a big team... The PK was a close call by Kevin in the middle... IMO, our young keeper came out well and was fearless in getting to the ball... At the other end, their keeper was as good as everyone was saying he was, he made a few great saves... Regardless, I thought our lads re-grouped in the second half and deserved the equaliser from Sage... The OT we just wanted it more... Hopefully we'll have a few more healthy bodies at our disposal against a well organised and tough Sapperton... As much as we wanted to avenge our last minute defeat to Inter a couple of years a ago, I look forward to this battle...

WAB, do you know the game time and location??? Cainy thinks we're at South Surrey, but I'm not too sure???

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gorge boyz are still in detox after the ferry ride + beer + singing + pub once we were home.... glad we're not playing today!! HA
A battle, as expected vs Clan...... class bunch of guys though. Cheers.
Looking forward to a home game this weekend.......let's move on and get some predictions going.
Surrey
Saperton
Westside

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot.

I think it as Kevin (FVSL) refing the Sporting/Burnaby Inter game...
Brian Gebbie gets cut open with an elbow to the chops....goes down.

The ref doesnt call anything, Gebbie complains about the obvious elbow....the ref says " You tripped on your own"

Gebbie sits up, looks at him dumbfounded as blood is coming from his mouth.

Zaurrini, where's your "don't let the FVSL down"???

Ah, right....

NATION, dont let the FVSL down.
Stay within 2 goals of Sapp.

Zaurrini

PS How many portuguese actually fit in the back of a Ford truck?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
PS How many portuguese actually fit in the back of a Ford truck?

Was it a Ford? I thought it was a dodge. Anyway my guess will be about 4 on the tail and 8 inside so 12 total. :D

Cheers
JB

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ontotheroundof8

fantastic day for watching football at bizarro canada park
yesterday, playing on that mud was another story.
-insert i love smiley comment here-no question, the big
man and the wee squirrel were once again the difference!

all the best to croatia and inter in the imperial finals-
should be a crackn match :p :D
hope it's on saturday so i can watch :cool:

her you go marion cobretti...
surreyoverchilliwack-and the big red machine keeps on...
sappoverpau-this is tuff-correction-pauoversapp-final answer.
westsideovertreits-even without the serbian wall in net
chopsovergorge-gorge will be tuff but the chops are tufferest :confused:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
2 valley teams INZO...
come sunday the 2 valley teams will be dunzo,I predict that sapp & slurrey will combine for 9 goals between them & the valley with 1
:knvb: :knvb: :eek: :eek:

ps guinness:come sunday you & your bush team just played your last overtime & last game of the season :eek: ;)

sapp 4 pau 0

slurrey 5 thewack 1... sorry smiles ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey vs. Whack: closer than everyone thinks, but Surrey will win by 1, possibly OT.

Sapp vs. PAU: Cleats up vs. Collars up. Turf will help PAU, but my brain says Sapp.

Westside vs. VT: Island team to take this.

Pork 'n Cheese vs. Gorge: Gorge...experience counts for a lot. So does home field.

Prove me wrong Valley teams!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini & J_B:

They didn't actually fit in the box; they kept falling off... remember, these are the Over 35's, so they're twice as drunk and not as skinny as you young'uns :p And, yes, it was (and still is) a Dodge.

beerz,

stew :cool:

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco said:
Surrey side, Not really a bastard among them!!

Bronco, I think it highly unlikely...don't you?!

I think they even swore in the Yanks as honorary bastards just so they could play on the team.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 9: Surrey United vs Chilliwack, 2005-04-24, at Cloverdale Athletic Park at 3 p.m.

Game 10: Peace Arch vs Sapperton Rovers, 2005-04-24, at South Surrey Athletic Park at 2:15 p.m.

Game 11: Victoria VanTreights vs Westside Rino, 2005-04-24, at Royal Athletic Park at 1 p.m.

Game 12: Victoria Gorge FC vs Sporting Club, 2005-04-23, at Royal Athletic Park at 1:30 p.m.

Draw is up on the excellent site and here it is. I was told today by our manager that we may be without some of our starters as 30% of our team works on Sat. Here is hoping the might come down with a unknown sat sickness, or get the day off.

Cheers
JB

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Should be some great second round matches on the weekend, and it looks like there could be an all VMSL Final 4,
hos
It is very unlikely, but technically it could be 2 valley teams, and 2 island teams in the final four. That would be pretty good for HOS, that way you can actually book a foursome instead of hangin around the local courses as a single :wa: FOOOOORRRRRE!!!!!!! :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy,

Congratulations on the huge victory last weekend. A lot of energy was spent on the game. Do you guys have anything left? Aves is back and so is B. Donald so defensively it will be tight.
Are we on grass or turf? There are so many fields out there it's hard to know.

Predictions
Surrey
Westside
Gorge
Toss-up

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
It is very unlikely, but technically it could be 2 valley teams, and 2 island teams in the final four.

I don't think Capt. could even give the odds on 2 FVSL teams and 2 Island teams making the Semi's.

It is one thing for Sporting and Weakside to go over to the Island in the morning and then pull the upset, but Sapp. just has to drive out to WhiteRock to play you boys, you guys better bring your A-game, will Knees United be back in the line-up, that could be huge, and how about the Hibs fan?

My predictions for the weekend.

Slurrey over Wack - I don't think Surrey has lost to a FVSL team in the Provincials since they moved over in 98.

Sapp. over Nation - It will be close, but unless the Fav. brothers are planning a All-inclusive for this weekend, I think Sapp. will take it.

Weakside over FANtreights - VanTreights have some of the best fans around, and I am sure that Smallsey is going to hear "Who at ALL the Chicken Pies" a few times, but if he can stay focused and not try to go past center, I think Weakside can pull it off.

Gorge over Sporting - I like how Sporting is pulling the old Bronco trick and telling everyone that they will be missing 31.99% of the team for Saturday, but not sure if it will work, Gorge is soooo tough in this competition and lucky too, but it should be close.

Good luck to all, I am off to the golf course, "Single, anyone want to play with me".

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Surrey has lost to a FVSL team in the Provincials since they moved over in 98.

Serious question......When was the last time a Valley team beat a VMSL team in provincials? Just curious

Sandman

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
Serious question......When was the last time a Valley team beat a VMSL team in provincials? Just curious

Sandman

Probably when Surrey(VMSL) was playing in the FVSL back in the 90's

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
A little squad called Delta United beat the Firemen a couple years back....

Ya, but they were a Div. 1 VMSL Team at the time, so that doesn't count ;) .

Carry on, Stats not looking good for the FVSL.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0