Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done PAU boys! ;)

Good job Cainy, keep it going.

Knvb, congats big man.That was a very big win today for you boys.

This Cup is wide open baby.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Sage tied it with a nice finish into the side netting.

Was it like the goal that was scored in the 99 Playoffs (hockey) I think it was by Philly. You know the one that went in thru the side netting in a hole but counted? If not I didn't know hitting the side netting counts as a goal ;) .

Anyways congrats to all and hope to catch some games next weekend.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:

. I have some question to ask I don't know if Joe S. and Alex E. were injured or not; having them sit on the sideline till the 30 min? Umm.

JB

They were on the sideline till about the 70th minute mark. Joe Scigliano looked a little pissed off on the sidelines and that should be expected as the Golden Boot Winner. Not to take anything away from the Clan strikers but the Gorge backline was very impressive and I dont think it mattered who was up front for the ClanBus. They just couldnt get anything going.

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Gorge bus:
Take your shirt off
Show us your teets
More ferry fries please
3 for 1 drinks downtown
o' shite i have to work tomorrow

Helmuut

ColumbusClan... cheers to a good battle....you are a classy bunch....your coach is top notch!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Pau 3 Gordon Head 1 OT

Down 1 at half - peno

Sage tied it with a nice finish into the side netting. Keegan pushed in a rebound from the 6 and JC sealed it with a free kick from the 20.

Comeback kids(?) 2nd game in a row.

Well battled boys

Well done guys. It sounds like Farquhar's coaching last week helped you guys. :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 - 1 Gordon Heeeeeeed

I missed the first half, but the PAU keeper made two MASSIVE stops early in the second half to keep the game a contest. 15 mins into the second PAU woke up and started to play a bit more. Sage with a CRACKER off the post and in from about 18 to tie it up... PING...i think the defender is still looking for his Hanes.

Once the game was tied, it was over really. Gordon Head were chasing for the rest of regulation, and were disorganized for the extra time.

GHs keeper was hurt in the second, and later could not continue. While healthy, he looked very good. Also, I though Guinness was very solid and creative all game, and was rewarded with a great goal from a dead ball.

Very well done to the Peace Arch Boys! Congratulations on making it to the next round.
Congrats to the Wack... who no doubt had an easy match vs Saltspring.
We all knew PoCo would have their hands full... and it sounds like the needed more hands.
Langley... well... not sure what to say, but i knew you would be in tough at their park... looking forward to the match report.

Cheers.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Rovers 2 - Inter 1

Paul, not Mike, Favaro scored both goals for Sap. 2nd minute off a long throw by Matt Ormerod, Paul corrals the flick-on at the 12 and pounds it home. The first 10 was Sap's, the next 35 I give the edge to Inter. 20th min Crouch scores a beauty of a header off a VanShagen free kick - far post and an impossible angle. It seemed like we were always playing on the edge of disaster, lucky Corazza just put wide his semi-breakaway in the 40th min to keep it tied going into half.

2nd half Sap controlled the tempo and the edge in posession. Luke Hogan and Trevor Todd, back from injury, came into the game with 20 to go and changed the flow of play with their brilliant play up front. Mike Favs was awesome down the flank. He owned the right side the entire 2nd half - every Sap opportunity came from there. Paul Favs had 2 glorious opportunities to surge Sap ahead; one a header from 6 and another a sitter from 5 yards out that went over the bar. But Paul redeemed himself and headed home the winner off a scramble with 5 to go.

We missed the Favs the last few games due to "family commitments", but with them back, Trevor Todd and Ted Ullrich back from injury, Sap feels pretty good right now.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you hear....

JB, I'm not going to lie, it was ugly, but we'll certainly take it. I thought we had our moments, but for the most part they were few and far between. The only real upside, other than the win, is that we couldn't possibly play much worse than we have in the last two weeks. Croatia probably deserved a better fate but cup games are rarely that pretty and you have to be able to muck it out on shitty parks for extended periods... we 6 years experience behind us.

These 30 min. OT's are killing me. I can't feel anything from the nipples down.

Drew for MVP...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 5- Bby 4

JB, how did you let Bby team who play with 7 true defenders on the park score 4 times!?
How did Bby allow 5 goals!?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Knobby. We did deserve a better fate yesterday, but that's soccer, sometimes it just won't go in. I thought we carried easily 65% of the play and created chance after chance. Completely agree with Smiles as MVP of that game anyway. I say this in spite of the gay bear he puts in his net. All class on Martin Foden for coming into our dressing room after the game to tell us we deserved better and really the entire Surrey side!! Not really a bastard among them!! Best of luck to Surrey and the remaining VMSL teams. NO shite Knobby the OT gutted me, and next time time your tackles a bit better!! :p :bronco:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia Surrey

The 2 or 3 glorious opportunities in OT summed up the game for Croatia. A gutsy effort considering their best player is not with them. Croatia looked dangerous all day and Surrey was hanging on for the most part.

Foden is a class act. There is a reason the SU club does so well from top to bottom and it all starts with Martin.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since WAB asked:

how did you let Bby team who play with 7 true defenders on the park score 4 times!?

I feel compelled to respond.

Firstly, the game was wide fcuking open. You're talking about nine goals scored on a day when both keepers played well (neither could be held responsible for a single tally). There was some really quality stuff going forward yesterday, for both sides. Rosie put home a cracker of a goal to make it 3-1. Notty and Gehan teamed up for an absolute screamer in OT. It's just the way it went, I suppose. A day for offense.

Secondly, I never really bought into the notion that all Burnaby was capable of is grinding out 1-nil results. They've got a lot of guys - especially in the midfield and defense - who are dangerous in attack. Millar is always a threat on set pieces and Gino Gaita had a bunch of goals for them this year. It probably wasn't the style of game Burnaby wanted to play, but they showed they were more than capable of playing it. Playing up-tempo probably benefitted us, but at the end of the day it's still a one-goal game decided in OT.

Anyways, it was a very entertaining match. Full marks to Burnaby from coming back from 1-0 and 3-1 defecits to send it into extra time. Rosie was the MOTM in my books, although the Dormer brothers were buzzing all over the park as well, with Ryan picking up the game-winner early in OT. Congrats to Gomesy filling the role of player-coach, picking up the first provincial cup win in the club's history.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With both Inter and the Capitals going out so early in the competition, it doesn't look like either team really benefitted from the pre-season player movements.

Kinda shitty that the WOP league is cancelled this year... where are they all going to play now? Co-ed?

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Kinda shitty that the WOP league is cancelled this year... where are they all going to play now? Co-ed?

Not that this has to do with the Provincials, but I heard that Abbruzzo (your old team Regs) might be in the Richmond Summer League, not sure if others are joining other summer league or not, but I will say, that Friuuuuuli will for ever have the I-tal Cup now, very nice.
To bad the Wops couldn't get together a solid team for PCSL, with no I-tal league.

Should be some great second round matches on the weekend, and it looks like there could be an all VMSL Final 4, but Sporting will have the toughest match on the road playing the Gorge, but you would think that Slurrey and Sapp. should have no problem with the two Valley teams ;) .
Hey I was wrong about the 5-4 Cup win, ya can do it.

hos

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights dominated the 1st half. Scored off of a dubious penalty, but in reality could of put us away early. We just could not find our shape. We regrouped at the half, with a much different second half. Tied it up at the 55 mark, and then the game went both ways with opportunities at each end. Winner scored in the 87th and the third literally into an empty net with us with 11 in the box on a last minute corner.

Van. had by far the most dangerous counter-attack that we have seen all year, including our games vs VMSL sides. Hard nosed but a class bunch, even after the melee at the end. Could of got stupid, but in the end cooler heads prevailed. Fun rowdy crowd as well. Good luck. Saw Westside for the first time on Friday night. Will be a great game.

Congrats to the Wack and PAU. Hopefully make it out to both games on the weekend.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
To bad the Wops couldn't get together a solid team for PCSL, with no I-tal league.

hos

Abruzzo will be keeping the squad together, playing an exhibition schedule against PCSL teams.
Next season, we will be entering the PCSL with a solid squad.

Saw the Gorge and Clan-Bus game...to stay somewhat on topic....and felt Gorge were the more organized team.
Could have gone either way...and the ref made a horrible call deciding the fate of the game on the PK.
The Clan-Bus coach was late in pulling the plug on his forwards who couldnt generate anything on the offensive third of the field, despite his team holding more of the play in midfield.

Zaurrini

PS The gorge goalie looks like Goldberg with hair and bad soccer kit

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
PS The gorge goalie looks like Goldberg with hair and bad soccer kit

That keeper is huge, he played the last two seasons with Khalsa, well when he got over from the Island, before he headed up to Edmonton to play with the A-League team up there last summer. Very good keeper, the Gorge could do some major damage in this Cup if he is on his game, may not get very many past him, tough luck Sporting.

hos

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 9: Surrey United vs Chilliwack, 2005-04-24, at Cloverdale Athletic Park at 3 p.m.

One game has been scheduled, it will be interesting to see if the play the Island games on the Sat so they can have back to back games over there. Probably not but here is hoping that Smallsy and the boys are willing to car pool.:D

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Very good keeper, the Gorge could do some major damage in this Cup if he is on his game, may not get very many past him, tough luck Sporting.
hos
Gorge has already done some major damage. I think Clan were playing some excellent soccer at the end of the season and in the Imperial, and Joe and TK are very dangerous. But the coach blew it for Clan. The top goal scorer in the league on the bench for 3/4 of the match?! Come on! I know which guy Sap will be courting to play next year.

For Sap, Trevor and Luke were not in the best of shape, but when we put them up front with 20 to go, the Inter D could not keep up. Ted U. and Matt O. worked them all day and the fresh legs helped us prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0