Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those boots might help One Dart. Then again, anything would help the boot he attempted to lay on my shin tonight 3 times. Evidently switching to Labatt's based products didn't sit too well with him. Make sure to keep Canadian and Coors Light well stocked when One Dart is around. :D

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you two at it again? Not only did you let the team down (again) by not getting free beer, you had the rematch to the Palm Springs Pummeling when I wasn't around. To hell with the both of you.

I should be back to over-35 action this week to stop the hemmoraging; with me at centre back our goals against shouldn't be much more than 5...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milennium 3 Rangers 3

Great game last night with lots of chances for both teams and overall a pretty entertaining game IMO.

They have two cracking players.
Roddy (?) up front is a work horse with tons of skill.
Brent (?) in the middle of the park is a phenomenal player.
Skill and jinky moves coming out of his ying yang.
Certainly had me picking up my shorts once or twice. :D

Our keeper, Paul, saved our bacon so often we've got more ham left over than a kibbutz freezer. ;)

On to next week,

RF

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait to see it. I'll be the one on the bottom pitch getting ball out of net. Unless of course people hit me with ball.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was I who was fishing the ball out of the net.

Actually, I played quite well in my over 35 debut. We lost 5-1 but when they have 4 on 1 after 4 on 1, I didn't do too bad. I might have been able to stop one or two of the goals that I let in but overall, I made a number of decent saves. I didn't let in any soft goals or look out of place and that was my goal. We'll see if next week more than SYC is interested in marking anyone.

The giant mullet scored our only goal. Without any help up front or in the midfield it was amazing that he got one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, One Dart did very well in his debut. With brother Power standing beside the goal, he made some stellar saves. At times, he may not have received many points for artistic merit(but then again no one on our team can) but he kept the ball out of the net successfully. I'll bet you they didn't even know baseball was his sport. The other team had a lot of compliments for One Dart's saves tonight. Well done, One Dart!

Screw You Captain ran two marathons today. He had the simple of task of marking 3 men on his own. He did a remarkable job, especially when he knocked the cnut of number 23. What a cracking challenge. Number 23 wasn't a happy fellow. Scud did very well tonight. Without the Sweeney brothers, it could have been 15 or 16, if he fielded the same squad as last week. Seriously.

As for the Captain, I was collecting dust nicely up front. I was hoping to get the ball once in awhile, but I wasn't that successful. I eventually dropped back to midfield to quickly realise that I was just defending. Great stuff. Although, I did have FOUR megs. The goal came from an accidental clearance from our midfield and with my blazing speed :rolleyes: , I cut in front of the defender with a decent first touch and then fcuking gave him a wind burn as I blazed by him :rolleyes: , before slotting a little outside of the foot(left of course) by the onrushing(sp?) keeper. He looked a little like Rab Douglas actually. Well, he didn't but he did have a goalie jersey on. Other than that, I pretty well had no chances, other than a few longer free-kicks. I am going to need to score 4 goals soon in a game to make the race interesting again. :rolleyes: Only if I could play against BlazeArmy......;)

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news

Sorry captain, but Mr Pegg hammered home a trick tonight. Maybe we should place another ebay order.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy

Captain,

I think we all wish that we could have a few games against BlazeArmy as I would bring our confidence to an all time high.

Army, how many were slotted in on you tonight? 10?,11?

After I polished those two beauts in on you on tuesday, I think that you must have been shattered and almost unable to play tonight.:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another hatter for Pegger eh? I definitely need that 4 goal game VERY soon. What the hell. Let's order the same boots that Geoff has. He is obviously doing something right. :)

BlazeArmy had three pumped by him tonight to a team that we soundly thrashed 5 - 1 a few weeks ago. Who were you playing tonight, Steve1234? Hopefully we haven't played them yet and I can light them up for 4 or 5. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Burns kid is on fire...

Captain, I thought we solved you golden boot problems last night? It's all about the phone #...

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain. I look forward to the goaltending duel against BA. Next Thursday DITH, if you don't play, come watch and maybe I will bring out the Mcfarlane punch.

ODwhoisfukedrightnowfromthedrugsaftergettinghiswisdomteethout

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed there were three by me yesterday. I personnaly enjoyed the own goal that was number 3. The 2nd was a cracker of a play by me. Header off the post, along the goal line about chest high. I turned around pulled it into my body. Hit my body back towards the line, hit it into my body back to line hit it into my body back to the line hit it into body hit foot went in. Pure Genuis on my part.

I did see a goal go over MR OD that he appeared to jump at. Unfortunately his hands didn't seem to get within 10 feet of the ball. Also OneDart, that was a gash kit you had on. An Arsenal jersery? good god man that 's embarassing trying to emulate Mr.Tache Seaman. :D

DITH, I was letting you get your confidence up on Tuesday:rolleyes:
I did make one save Tuesday. Tonight it was 8 or 9. I was dreaming of having The Bakers in the back midway through the game. I hope that gives you some indication of how it was going.

Gurns and Hoodekof are in for Vernon. Gives us 14 now. I may bet all the room money on Black when we check in.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the fifth shot that they had in that scramble because our defence doesn't understand clearing the ball. I did get a piece and almost punched it over the net. The kit was a result of our goalie jersey being yellow and our opponents wearing yellow. One of the 45 year olds on our team had that jersey and I accepted. The team was generally impressed that their keeper didn't let in every shot that came his way. The other team was also congratulatory. It can only get better next week. I hope.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to see from my vantage point. I didn't have contacts on and rain was straight in face. I did see some pathetic attempts at clearing the ball and at least one meg by The Captain.

Thank god there is a reason for that jersey!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I definetly need to practice the drop kicks although by the second half I seemed to have figured them out. Before that though it was scary. I'm definitely a work in progress but I will hopefylly get better each game. When do we play your lot?

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My favorite was the flub along the ground to their defender just before half. If he had any shot it should have been over your head and in the back of the net.

Overall, a good debut. That team is 100% shock-ing. The only goal he had a chance on that went in was the fourth. Not bad though.

SYC was obviously rattled. The hit on #23 besides, when the ball goes off the back and everyone else stops, don't start screaming at the top of your lungs at OD to go get it because its still in.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes indeed, a difficult evening. Frustration got the better of me a couple times- the Ladner over-35 league is only a stepping stone to the World Cup, don't you know.

The first ever Scud brother pairing on the pitch was good fun; he saved us further embarassment on a few occasions. As usual, he didn't pay for his beer, and I picked up the tab. Makes up for my gettign on his case, I figure.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't play your lot again unless we meet in the playoffs.
I was hoping to see OD in action first hand but I work with eavesdropping while playing

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your in luck.

Captain. You play them next week, they are the international Selects. Watch out for the No 8, He's got a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0