Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DITH,

Send me a PM if you have any ideas for a team wrap-up and also about a trip next Spring Break. There seems to be a lot of interest again and I'm willing again.....

The blood vessels recovered once Kira, Ali, and I went to DQ. It's all about the Dilly Bars don't you know.

Good luck in your game and make sure you tell BlazeRep1 he is a putz. Thanks. :)

Captain

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I Champ even notched a goal.

Captain,

You seemed surprised, I've notched goals in Div 1, 2 and in the Surrey league games. Got to spread the goals out all over, and if your not careful, I will be winning the Surrey Golden Boot for sure. :eek:

Cheers

CIC

CICwhowillbeatcaptain&parkpheadforthegoldenboot:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did someone just say Dilly Bars?

Rangers 7 Travellers 2 last night.

Reminiscent of the Gers result on Sunday.

RFtryingtobusttheCaptain'sballs ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!@#%@#$@!!!!!!

Mrs. Stew just called and informed me that she's off to a "business development meeting" that means I will end up with my rug ratz tonight. This means that my Ladner debut will have to wait until next week.

Sorry Captain, I'll have to take a rain check :( (and start challenging you for the golden boot then:D )

Not sure if Vinnie will be allowed out tonight either; we were going to carpool it to Holly.....

With regrets,

Stew:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More importantly, RF, who scored your goals and who has the most goals on your team? I need a number to strive for tonight. :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henrik Shamrock

Captain Larsson:

Two of our lads scored two each last night.
John Mantei must now be up to at least 5 or 6 thus far along with one or two others.
I don't think your Golden Boot aspirations are in danger as we tend to share the wealth.
That is, until we meet again and the Govan Butcher Shop re-opens. :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You open your butcher shop and I will stock it with some filet mignon moves, which will leave you picking up your shorts again. :rolleyes: ;) Don't even think about chopping me, Butcher of Govan because I guarantee you, unless you win the league, we will not meet in the playoffs. How's that for a threat? :D

Captainwhoisofftotapeanklesandstretchforthebigmatch:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could have potted 3 or 4 today but didn't again. I managed one on a devastating header. :rolleyes: The Power started in net today as he jumped into One Dart's spot because he was late coming home. I thought the boys were going to fight before the game but cooler heads prevailed and One Dart grabbed another pair of boots and made his debut on the field. He even scored a goal. Magic. Scud was trying desperately at the end to get a goal but had no luck go his way. It was a boring game and I felt the shits tonight so I couldn't pot my chances. BlazeArmy came over afterwards and told us of his 9-1 loss. He also checked on the status of our player who was assaulted by Williams on Tuesday, which was a nice touch. Too bad you can't rub off on the most of the other guys......

6 goals in 7 games just isn't going to cut it. I had a glorious opportunity tonight to net a bunch but didn't feel up to the occasion. Maybe next week.......

Captain

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I officially apologize to any goalies past, present, or future who I may have insulted at any time. Were there to be an award for the worst goalie in history, I would be a strong contender for it. Just call me paddles.

Two personal favorites. The drop kick I took from 15 yards outside the box. I, um, couldn't see the line.:rolleyes: The other was the slide I took to get the ball. Whoops, don't know how to do that. All and all a very handicapped performance by The Power.

However, a win is a win, and I will retire from net with a 1-0 record.:wa: :wa: :wa:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
rest assured the boot may still be within your grasp, we all shi# the bed in a dreadful game against Delta?. No goals for Pegg.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, SYC was held off the scoresheet once again, although I did have a career-high 2 shots on net.

Amazingly, the first ever Scud brother soccer reunion didn't end up in fisticuffs. This could signal a shift in family relations. If only we could score some free booze out of the other ne'er-do-well...

Thanks to Captain for setting me up; my finish is, um, not legendary. O/D's 5 missed breakaways were quite something, though. Between that and our special olympics goalie, the game did have some entertainment value.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SYC, i'm pretty sure I saw a whole bunch of missed breakaways and 2 on 1's, at least I saw them when I wasn't picking ball out of my own net.

:rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fixture

Is the online schedule correct? It looks like you only play about 4 teams twice. Am I missing something?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure that is it, Steve1234. Do we meet again? Also, if we do, will your goalie be wearing a Celtic jersey? So far your team is the only team I haven't been able to score against. :rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That had more to do with my abnormally large knees, than the shirt. Speaking of shirts. The new Carling in Xl will be about $28-$30 shipping in.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladner Landing 2 Rangers 1

Is there any other pissers in this league other than us?
Other than Burnsie, I haven't seen anyone.
Anyhoo, speaking of piss, it was in abundance last night.
We got pissed on, we played like piss, and so therefore proceded to get pissed after.
Pints tasted OK considering actually.

We're shite but win or lose we're in the booze. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tsawwassen 2 Team who is top of the League 4

We went down 4 - 0 but managed one right before the half. We made it 4 - 2 about 10 minutes into the second half. We played marginally better in the second half but our keeper was great in the second, stopping 3 breakaways. Vinnie came out and other than being schooled by a 61 year-old on the 4th goal, did well. :)

Golden boot update.

Captain now has 8 goals in 8 games, after scoring both tonight. I was stoned by the keeper in the first half too. The ref was fcuking hopeless. Oh well, we can't expect much more than that I guess.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0