Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror you can say what you want. I see Johnluca has a contract with Toronto for a year. Caps did not think the youngster head pace to play in MLS. He just might prove them wrong. I also see Toronto has a guy up front now at 6'3 or 6"4. They must be watching Portland Timers roster size and Seattle Sounders.
Darn it our kids must be 6 foot at fourteen to make it. Just to let you know I did watch first boys try out. There is few good players and few slogs. At that coast we migt see way more slobs. Go and watch the NVFC tournament this weekend. Gold lads are playing in Silver Tournament. Times are changing. It is all a joke now. MSL will be just as good. Parents are not comming forward in huge numbers. I told some kids. As soon as they red $1300.00 dollars they said no thanks. Two can make it for sure. Pace and size out of ying yang. Money drives people away. Surrey on the other side is way cheeper. Their kids are luckey not have to pay big bocks.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to let you know. A gold team went to NVFC tournament. They played in a silver pod. They added four guys from other silver teams. They came second in the silver tournament. As you can see it is got nothing to do with levels. Kids play with friends. Gold team should have smoked each side five zip. When you guys get a next chance take a look on Douglas Park U15 team. There is a lad sixfoot. fast good D and also reads the game well # 13. He is playing gold. Yet when you go see Vancouver Selects they have four kids way smaller and weaker than that lad. I am not sure what to say but clearly shows many holes in our program.
Somany good kids get over looked.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or the kids don't bother going to metro/select tryouts....not all kids are just overlooked.

What needs to happen is scouting, so that kids aren't picked because they attended a few tryouts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Mr. Elmes makes a valid point..........so true that these AVENUES are NOT the only way for a player to get to the next level. There are many stages along the way.........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what the financial commitment is from EA Sports, and how much will trickle down to each franchise?

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever it is, it would need to be significant in order to impact the 1600 or so registered players; e.g. you'd need $1.6M in trickle down money to save each players $1000. My guess is it won't be anywhwere nead that much.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say Surrey has done a good job on their coaching group. High pace will be hard to contend with. Mountain FC is also a good coaching group. With addition of Andreas teams will work alot more on quick shot passes.
I am not sure if best players will come forward with some of the clubs fees. We will see.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I think all the BCPL web pages should be the same, shouldn't they?? Same web design, same info outline, and maybe even have the same central info web page (ie, USSDA or SYL).

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps entering Prospects into USSDA. Will join league with Sounders and Crossfire and some California teams (including MLS youth). Toronto FC is NOT in their USSDA region (yet). I believe they declined to enter? Not sure.

u15/u16 joint and u17/u18 joint. Combine currently happening. Players from across Canada and Internationally. USSDA will be full-time of course. That being said....can't see it impacting BCPL all that much. With players coming from all over have to believe we won't ever see more than the top .... 8-10 from BC in the squads??? A pure guess of course on my part. But Caps are of course known to have kids from Alberta, and Ontario in their programs.

I think this is excellent and will give the local kids further enticement to focus and work hard.

What I am very interested in seeing is how many kids selected to the BC Team(s) make this years Whitecaps USSDA...and then of course what will happen to BC Team in 2012! :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0