Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Jan 12, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror,
Two points:
1) With kids coming from all over doesn't necessarily mean our kids will be better, just overlooked. If that is not the case that likely means the BC team will likely be worse since the best should go to the Whitecaps USSDA squads
2) This is for boys only....anything to develop girls?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no "likely be worse." The BC Team will be worse with the Caps in place..... Though the argument can be made now the BC Team isn't nearly what it should or could be. Right now the BC Team is not "the best." It is "the best that happen to have gone to tryouts, can afford it, and have the ability to drive back and forth to training all summer." Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent players on the BC Team of course. With BCPL in place "the best" should be scouted and invited. Even then though, if the BC Team is going to ask for a huge amount of money to play the best from BCPL won't necessarily be on the team either. Though with BCPL having breaks set aside specifically so the best can play with the BC Team this should be an improvement?

Yes, the best of the best should go to Whitecaps.

If our BC kids are good enough they have no reason to get overlooked. It's not a conspiracy theory. There will always be some stud from Manitoba or some kid that TFC missed in Ontario or some kid from Bahamas that is better than a local kid. And that's just fine. Whitecaps need to find the best, and develop them for their first team. By default though, loads will be Canadian. Just not necessarily from BC (ie, Gage, Alderson and Teibert).

Boys only as far as I can tell.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror we could have three equal BC teams in this provice. Kids with no money never go to tryouts. Talent is here. It realy does not matter how many kids we lose to Whitecaps. Our kids have to gear up towards Universities. Cap kids are all about pro soccer. In my opinion kids are way better off to go BC soccer rute. School is everthing. If you do your knee in in residancy what do you have to fall on. All we need is a sponser for BC soccer and we will have kids that can beat residancy any time. This provice has 150 very good players in every age. We just have to open our eyes and go and look across the Provice. U 18 lad on Prince George team is as good as any residancy player yet he is playing in Prince George. If we spend bit of time on Native kids we will find five better than any residancy player.

British Bulldogg

Oct 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror we could have three equal BC teams in this provice. Kids with no money never go to tryouts. Talent is here. It realy does not matter how many kids we lose to Whitecaps. Our kids have to gear up towards Universities. Cap kids are all about pro soccer. In my opinion kids are way better off to go BC soccer rute. School is everthing. If you do your knee in in residancy what do you have to fall on. All we need is a sponser for BC soccer and we will have kids that can beat residancy any time. This provice has 150 very good players in every age. We just have to open our eyes and go and look across the Provice. U 18 lad on Prince George team is as good as any residancy player yet he is playing in Prince George. If we spend bit of time on Native kids we will find five better than any residancy player.

BC Soccer Provincial teams used to be funded.. All the leagues in the province voted to withdraw the funding.. it was an extra $2.50 on each kids registration that paid for PTP.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard tonight that only 6 kids had registered for the Vancouver/Richmond U16 girls team. I wonder if this is true Anyone have any idea?

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wouldn't surprise me...one of the top teams from the u-13 gold girls league ( Richmond Dynamite) all of their provincials player's have signed with South Fraser to play plus more...VFC/Rich way behind the eight ball.....

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the three Richmond 2010/11 U13Gold team players (Girls) who made the Provincial Team were Out-of-District (not residents of Richmond).

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, reportedly the two under-age (born 1999) Richmond (residents) players on the U13Gold1 team may play at their natural age group on the Richmond U13 Metro team. In total, this very strong Richmond U13Gold1 team will lose at least five players? Ouch!

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver/Richmond HPL TD documents do not allow under-age players to attend their HPL Try-outs.

I would expect the new MetroSelects Leaque would continue with old Metro and Selects rules.

It will be interesting to see what if any the long-term consequences will be by eliminating (HPL), softening (MetroSelects) and eventual elimination (BCSA AGM vote) of the "Out-of-District" rule. The above scenario (three OOD players to Richmond) then all moving to South Fraser may be an indication of elite player mobility?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of 'stuff' going on.......It appears there are a lot of problems at this point with players wanting to play HPL? Bettermirror, have you heard of this at all? Anyone?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard lots but I'm taking the fifth on this......and not enjoying it one bit!

SCP....where's Santana's when you need it?????

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard tonight that at least two coaches who were assigned to certain positions in the HPL have quit due to the fact no players were going to their teams.......There are also rumblings in one age group that a group of players told one of the franchises that if all 8 players didn't get on the team, they would not play with them.......I've also heard that the 'Tier Two' in one of the Associations.......is going to be charging over $1000 to play in that? :eek: Honestly, this is turning into a shambles before it even gets going. But then again, I'm just hearing these things. Perhaps someone can clarify what I've heard???????

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What....you mean they (the over seers at BC Soccer) couldn't for tell these kind of "goings on".....Why this big rush to "get it started"?? I mean...did anybody (BC Soccer staff) really really think about this?? Really!

Cheers!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain there must be a reason why kids do not come out. If that coach is new or he/she has ticked off tomay folks kids will not come out. Get onother guy and kids will come. Most kids do not come out due to costs. All one needs is fourteen kids. Many other clubs will have cuts due to tomany players. HPL is a good program and it will do well. Any time you get lots of good players one a team it has to be better.
Some coaches did not get selected and they play these little politcs. Net result kids het hurt.
I did stop by Burnaby North shore camp. It looked dam good. Both U18 and U17 girls came out and there is some very good players. U 18 girls from Surrey on a Burnaby side looks strong. Three girls from North Shore look very skilled and darn good pace. U17 head about ten very very strong players.
My friend from Surrey United will have ten girls surplus they need a place to play. It will be no problem at all. Red cars look better than blue cars to me. But thats just me.HPL is a good machine it just burns bit of oil till things get better. All fun and games. It will be twice as easy next year.

concerned

Apr 7, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting how people are 50/50 on this HPL, no one is in middle ground. To me it is a joke, it doesn't matter what you call the top tier of soccer the best always rise for the most part. However with HPL only those who can afford will make the HPL, some gold players will buy their way on as it's a status to them, pay not to play but it's the first team. All this has done in CMF is water down the existing teams. At u-14 their top team will lose players to Whitecaps, players due to the coach, as well as those who can't afford. There will be a player or two who wouldn't make the select team but will the HPL team as who wants to pay that money to be player 16, 17, 18 and won't touch the field. CMF also screwed up by having such late tryouts, other clubs are done and asked for payment so they won't leave, players couldn't wait and see if they would have made CMF. Clearly they did drop the ball as I made the long drive to watch their first tryout, ouch is all I have to say. Watching Burnaby was a pleasure, they will be very strong, South Surrey has a few surprises and could surprise some people. As for Richmond we will be our usual strong selves, yes I know Van will help us but I never thought we should have joined with any club

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is the participation by Girls and Boys in Richmond District in the Vancouver/Richmond HPL franchise?

As for Richmond we will be our usual strong selves, yes I know Van will help us but I never thought we should have joined with any club

FatherFodder

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're in the Van/Rich and South Fraser pool and we're all just lost at what the offerings will be like and who will be coming out to each of them. Our son's final year of soccer and it is a total fckup at twice the cost. So much uncertainty and zero optimism.

This thing is a HUGE mess and I feel so sorry for everyone (kids and parents).

How about we extend the High School Soccer schedule and get some enjoyment back into this game? Captain, over to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0