Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

concerned

Apr 7, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps I was misleading a bit when I said who would be strong. Burnaby and Van/richmond will be strong in the league, cmf near the bottom. That being said The whole league will be less as I said, watered down, more money soccer is not the answer, as I said this is and will be a joke(worse then the ref at the Caps game last night lol). A true HPL has to be free of cost and politics which neither will happen in North America. Couldn't agree more with bring some enjoyment for players and parents back.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're in the Van/Rich and South Fraser pool and we're all just lost at what the offerings will be like and who will be coming out to each of them. Our son's final year of soccer and it is a total fckup at twice the cost. So much uncertainty and zero optimism.

This thing is a HUGE mess and I feel so sorry for everyone (kids and parents).

How about we extend the High School Soccer schedule and get some enjoyment back into this game? Captain, over to you.

Could agree more, FatherFodder! :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again some of you think that winning is developing. U18 I agree with you. Rest it is about development. Sure you get faster and better kids. They got long ways to go. Burnaby one age group is strong in boys side of it. Girls are avrage sides. I am dam sure that Surrey CMF will be both close to the top of the standings. Burnaby and Island will battle for third fourth. Interior sides will do better in the second half of the season due to fitness and game pace. Playing in the summer is fun. Going to Victoria and Interior is also fun.
It will bring our Province more together. If you look our U20 National side lost three zip even with kids from residancy. We need to wok alot more on man marking and game buildup. Lots of our kids lose ther space and double up with teamates. Most get cought on a counter attacks from other countries. We need working on full out one on one attacks. How cares who wins. As long as kids get few wins it will all work out. Coaches need to sit down with parents and explain the reason of development. Email our National office. They can sand you game tape and you will see where the development sits. We need to help each other out. Send the kids to clubs that need help. All work as one. Forget Surey CMF Burnaby. Work on a total development.

concerned

Apr 7, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base I couldn't agree more that development is the key, winning is just icing but how can you develop when alot of kids can't afford to be developed. All the so called best coaches will be at the first tier so how does that help when money is involved. I rarely see the first team practicing with the second team. Soccer from mini's to u-16 should all be about development but its not, will you get your wish of change? no, there's a reason Canada is so far down in the rankings, coaches. Lenerduzi has brought Canada so far down I may not see the rise in Canada in my life time. CMF might do well at certain age groups but not u-14 boys, as I said i drove to the tryout and it was not good. I have watched Spartens for years and this team will not compare, distroyed by Whitecaps, coaching, and money. Good for the rest of us i guess. Interesting comments on Island and Interior, haven't seen them at all but then again not sure what age group you're talking about. I know I only have been discussing u-14 boys but that is where my nephew plays.

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Burnaby one age group is strong in boys side of it. Girls are avrage sides....

I understand the Girls U16 team has 16 provincial players signed and the GU15 team has 8 provincial players (with Surrey having another 8). I'm not sure I'd call that "average". But yes, development is the key.

Outwest

Apr 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does team stacking contribute to poor turnouts at other age groups? I could imagine in girls especially that parent and coaches would go "why bother" and stay with Metro for the reasonable season, costs, and balanced competition.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad you guys are pointing things out to rest of the folks. Yes it is true teams are trying to stack. It only hurts development.
Good balance and better coaches will make he changes. In the boys side in Burnaby nothing will change. Same coaches as before. One new guy that never coached got a job. Getting name people does not change development. Formation of play type of attacks and type of deffending will and does.
Getting players from VMSL to coach in HPL will bring lots of dust. Nothing to do with development. Good guys but HPL is three steps above that level.
All the money kids pay should be going towards getting a coach from Holand for one age group a coach from England for onother age group,coach from mexico for onother age group and a coach from Brasil for onother age group. Atleast Burnaby got a coach from Lebanon with Brasilian name for MSL.
We can pay all the money in the world if our coaches are not World class coaches nothing changes. Just a name on a new office door.
We have tonns of good kids. Development is our problem as community league running boards. Not up to World standard. Has to be changed.

krutov

Dec 14, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does team stacking contribute to poor turnouts at other age groups? I could imagine in girls especially that parent and coaches would go "why bother" and stay with Metro for the reasonable season, costs, and balanced competition.

I find this very funny "why bother" and stay with Metro for the reasonable season, costs, and balanced competition". All that this is doing is making Tier2 unbalanced.

If all of these comments are actually true from observers at different camps there are going too be many kids that are going to pay a price in a negative way. It sounds like some if not most divisions will end up with stacked squads which defeats the whole reason for the league existing.

I think we need to go back ten pages in this forum to find a positive comment.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUOTE:cassis:I understand the Girls U16 team has 16 provincial players signed and the GU15 team has 8 provincial players (with Surrey having another 8). I'm not sure I'd call that "average". But yes, development is the key.

So what is the point of this U16 team playing in the HPL against other clubs with no Provincial players? If they are truly Provincial players (some of the U15 are most definetly not) they should have no competition...if they do,then yes,the coach of the opposing club(s) is doing what he's paid to do.....teaching the game properly to kids who want to learn. As for others who have made the Provincial squad due to "Technical director support" ....exactly what we are trying to eliminate...aren't we?? Good ole politics in kids sports....

Cheers!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUOTE=krutov; It sounds like some if not most divisions will end up with stacked squads which defeats the whole reason for the league existing.

I think we need to go back ten pages in this forum to find a positive comment.

Good luck with that?:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand the Girls U16 team has 16 provincial players signed and the GU15 team has 8 provincial players (with Surrey having another 8). I'm not sure I'd call that "average". But yes, development is the key.

Sounds great......that's what the new league should be all about. Stacking up to thump everyone else. :rolleyes:

FatherFodder

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does he?

Or is he taking what's happening at 1 or 2 clubs/franchises and extrapolating to include all?

Actually I will agree that BCSA has made a huge fcuking meal of it by not helping anyone involved with their lack of communication and weekly name changes :rolleyes:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard it's not just one or two clubs.....actually...weren't they called "franchises"????
Heard a rumour that one "franchise" had 5 kids show up for tryouts (girls)??? Really?? Have to say I loved Gregor's blog too.

Cheers!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0