Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How are the tracks playing?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
point grey. magic. summer rules out there today.
if you know a member...and who doesnt?...i highly reccomend it.
i did hack the shite out of mind you and lost a bag full of money to chiasson, but a pleasure as always. :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planning on getting out to Loomis Trail and Semiamhoo this year. THey've apparently struck a deal and alternate courses for public play.

From what I've heard, both are fabulous courses.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am playing Twass tomorrow, I will let you know how it is playing however, my score will be kept a secret.

Cheers
JB

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eight of the Rangers are playing Morgan Creek tommorw afternoon.
That course is always a treat to play, let's just pray for sun! :rolleyes:

My report on the course to follow.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Morgan Creek on friday, and boy is that course a treat!
If you can take the time to play a nice course, I would highly recamend it.
Every hole gives you a whole new challenge.
Downtown was launching bombs from about 200 yards out! :rolleyes:
For sure this course is in my top 3 in the lower mainland. 8.5 out of 10

Off to play Meadow Gardens on Monday morning.

Coach.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem I find with Morgan Creek is the price. It use to be $65 weekday and I think $80.00 for a weekend, which to play such a nice course isn't an issue, but now I think they're to $80.00 to $105(??) Other than North View Ridge course it's bar none my favorite.

Best ever was an 84. Normally upper 80's low 90's

~Jonny McHandicap(ed)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Northlands yesterday. They just punched their greens :mad: . Cnuts could have told us when we booked. They also have some drainage projects on the go. Wait a month at least before playing. I played with maybe the biggest hangover I have ever had. Should never have played in that condition. Shot 92. Awful.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Twas on friday, course in really good shape. Shot a 75, then went to play the front again with a buddy that works there, and shot 1 over, can I count it as a 71. I don't like to play this course much becuase it isn't a full size course and for the price of $35 I would rather fork over ten more to play a better one.

Cheers
JB

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB, how was it????????

Anyhoo, Played Riverway yesterday. Pretty good shape even after the rain in the last week. Couple of wet areas but not bad. Greens in good shape, even if my putting wasn't.:eek: Driving the ball long and straight however:D so it's all good.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Pretty good shape even after the rain in the last week. .

That coarse has good drainage and is rarely wet, it was probably in fantastic shape as it hosted the Micheal J. Fox Tourney on Friday, they would have had it all done up for the celebs.
How did you shot, if you don't keep it on the fairway, you are in big trouble on that coarse.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have and it's awesome!

I had to use a little more course management than I really like because I'm more of a grip it and rip and deal with the carnage later type player. A large chuck of the holes only really require a good long iron ( 205 - 220 yards) to set you up for a 8 iron to wedge approach. There is one hole in particular, on the back 9, that tee’s off of a cliff. I can't remember the yardage off the top of my head but it’s something like a 500 ft drop down to a 40 yard wide fairway. Hit it long and straight and you'll well rewarded with something like a 350 yard drive. We had some time to wait while the group rounded up the shirpas(sp) & donkey’s for the trip down so we had a few pokes out into the lake.

Not sure if it's really "make able" or not but we gave it a go anyway. :D

Bring your camera.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I played it as well. It is a beautiful course but it's sort of like Furry Creek, more tourism oriented than traditional layout. Well worth the money and come to think of it, I won all the money that day. The guys I was playing with got into the kukamanga when they realized Ballbaby was on fire!:cool:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Not sure if it's really "make able" or not but we gave it a go anyway. :D
Bring your camera.
[/color]

Thanks for the feedback lads. We are getting on for $67 including a cart which I think is very reasonable for a course like that. By the way KNVB, everything is makeable with the right club, good tempo and a top notch skill set. Just ask Yoda.

bertum ready to throw some darts at Hyde Mountain. :wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chemical Imbalance, that's a fantastic price for that quality of a course. Weekend rates or weekday? Like Balls had mentioned it really is like Furry Creek, a poor mans Furry Creek, but as far style of play and overall lay out very similar but just a nice.

Have fun. No really, I mean it this time. Honest.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are golfing on the Thursday at 1pm and the price is through a Twin Anchors Houseboat promotion. They also give you a deal on hotels. CI is concerned about beveridges being brought onto the course (because he likes to stock up a cooler in the back of the cart) - frowned upon or easy as pie?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno

Like any other course I assume, with the exception of Newlands, discretion is always a advised.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0