Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How are the tracks playing?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the past.........

From what I have seen in the past, unless they have put in considerably more drainage, it will be very wet and mucky with all the rain we have had the last bit.

That course doesn't seem to dry out very fast.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the rain stays away for the rest of the week then...anything to help. Nothing worse than losing your ball in the center of the fairway...not that I will be anywhere near the center of the fairway.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No thanks it is bad enough playing golf in the rain nevermind the snow, I will stick to golf in the sun:D

Cheers
JB

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking Greens!!!

The greens on the North course looked like they had been punched about a week ago and they played like rough pavement. Reading the break did not help, all you could do was throw it at the hole and hope for the best. The Men's night dinner was good though, the Maui Ribs were fantastic. The only major problem was the pylons that did not read the rules, and were playing off the whites, instead of the blues for the KP and LD. Not that I could hit a green mind you.
Oh well, back out tonight...golfing weather is here!!!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very common

I think after all that rain most of the courses are in the process of punching and sanding over the last few weeks. Swan-e-set just did it too.

Golf weather is here.......for you and the Canucks.

:mad:

bitteryoda

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Glass is still Half full Yoda.:D soon to be overflowing with pints on the course...;)

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Redwoods out in Langley today. A great course if you play on a dry day, the course starts off fairly tight but opens up for those players like me that can't hit straight. I struggle with the first nine because I wasn't really sure how to get there but eventually found it and shot a 49 on the front. OUCH is all i have to say about that. Back nine didn't look to be much better with a double on the first and then missed and easy par put, but turned it around with a chip in for birdie, then follow by two other birdies back to back somewhere near the end of the course. I had difficulties hitting off the tee all day long and I am sure i would have played better if I could have.

Overall great course and I would reccomend a cart for those that don't like hills.

Cheers
JB

with a decent 86.:mad:

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods

Originally posted by J_B
I struggled with the first nine because I wasn't really sure how to get there but eventually found it and shot a 49 on the front.

Are you talking about the holes because i dont think there is an easier course to get to than the Redwoods. 200st exit and go straight 2 miles until you see it???

No Question that it is one of the premier courses in BC and anyone who considers themselves a golfer needs to play there. From the tips it is one of the longest 6500 yds i have ever seen. No surprise that you were higher on the front... it is definately the harder of the nines, the back has four or five birdie holes compared to the two on the front. Over the past winter they have spent a lot of time on the greens to get them up to a 10 on the stimp and smooth so I am fully looking forward to my round there today!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expensive

All I know is that about 4 years ago, when i last played it, it was a decent rate. Then they got some good publicity in a couple magazines and fees skyrocketed.

What's the green fees now?

Played Golden Eagle South (short course) in a best ball.
Course was in great shape. Drove #10 green and had a 20fter for eagle but blew it............all four of us. TheRob missed it the worst of all but he carried us all day on his backs so we forgave him. :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus, how many backs do I have?:(

I didn't think that it was in great shape myself. A little chewed up and I thought the greens sucked. Too fcuking expensive also.:mad:

What about the six iron from 170 on 18 I knocked within two feet? Beauty!:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes but

I have seen Golden Eagle in much worse condition so I thought it was in pretty good shape compared to how I have seen it in the past.

What about my driver from 400 on 18 that i knocked 2 feet.....................from the guys teeing off on #1.
:D

FORE!!!!

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
expensive

I dont know what the actual fee is but for the most part i wont play any course for full fee. Twilight starts pretty early and is reasonable. Probably under 35 dollars. I think its up to 85 or 90 on a weekend full fare though. I dont think there are 10 courses in Canada that i would pay that much money to play.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone played it?

I am playing Revelstoke Golf & CC on the 1st of August.

Has anyone ever played it?
Comparible to anything here?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possibly

I think there are a few TTP'ers that have played that course recently.

Has anyone played Golden Eagle in the last few weeks? I was going to play it a little while back but all the spots were full for this tournament i wanted to get into there.

;)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am playing Revelstoke Golf & CC on the 1st of August.

Has anyone ever played it?
Comparible to anything here?

i played revelstoke last summer. cut out of the trees along the columbia river. couple holes that play along the river are gorgeous. rest of the course is pretty average. from what i recall though, the green fee was pretty cheap so it is worth what you pay.
if you are going up that way, i would reccomend stopping to play salmon arm and then playing golden. both great courses.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
i would reccomend stopping to play salmon arm and then playing golden. both great courses.

Salmon Arm G and CC is solid. Golfed their a couple years back. Definatly stop their Yoda. They don't care how big the cooler on the back of the cart is.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers

Thanks smallsy,

I have heard Salmon Arm and Golden are magnificent but I only have 1 day to golf or else i'd definately make the trip to play those courses.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0