Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How are the tracks playing?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anybody gotten any rounds in yet this year? Where are the best priced, and best tracks to play. Who has the best Men's nights. How are the courses playing so far this year? Who has the lowest cap, who is the worst sandbagger? Who is ready to play golf?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandpiper

Argyle,

I've played Sandpiper, near Harrison Mills, twice this spring and it is in excellent condition and cost $30 for twilight beginning at 2:00pm. The course is always dry, built on a gravel bed and it has the best greens around. Very enjoyable, great view and an easy walk.

Gilly

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any details on the TTP golf tourney yet? I'm looking forward to more near death experiences with Dude.

Point Roberts is newish and very nice. Pricey during the day, but they have a good twilight rate.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sandpiper

Play it now before the mosquitos come out.

That place is a mosquitos dream with a few of the tee boxes buried in the trees.

Nice course though. Par 3's are a little weak.

Are they still using that portable for the clubhouse?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

That mosquito problem (last year) was due to the river level in Mission rising due to rain and snowmelt. The course is usually in great condition, but it is a LONG drive for city folks.

There is a one particular weak 106 yard Par 3, otherwise, some great tree lined golf holes.

Gilly

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandpiper...

Nice coarse. No problem bringing on your own pints, pro-shop gets you the beer girl stat. Golfed it last summer and was in great shape. No mesquite problems then though. If they would just finish that clubhouse you would have a fine golfing destination.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP road show

I know that there is a TTP golf tournament for a local course, but what about doing a TTP golf road trip? There are lots of great courses in the interior, and you can get some very good packages from the hotels in the Okanagan.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
spring time golfing season

Played the Falls today... its in great shape except for the greens SHOCKING... had a coupon and it cost around $20 I think full price is $50. At that price it is definately not worth it yet.

Northlands last week is in horrible shape... I wouldnt wish a round there on my worst enemy. Too bad the city puts no money into it cuz i think it could be a great track but it wont get my money again.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swan-e-set

Played my first round of the year on Friday on the Links course, but quit after 12 holes due to pouring rain. Of course, later that morning it cleared up.

It was the wettest I have ever seen it. No standing water anywhere but fairways were pretty soft and mushy. Greens were actually in very good shape. Just needs a day (or 2) to dry out as they've have a tonne of rain this week.

Wouldn't touch the Resort course for a couple of weeks. They just finished punching the greens and you can barely see grass under all the sand. I think they were charging $35 for a round for the Resort.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round last Saturday and really wish I hadn't. I played twilight at Guilford. $20.00 in green fee's and $18.00 bucks in lost/plugged balls in the fairway. I even plugged one on a green. Cainy what's the story mate? The course looks awful.

Four words... Stay-the-hell-away.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Mountain GC

Golf Tourney on Saturday, nice day, ugly golf.

The C- (Coors Light) went down nice, but my golf was a D, for inconsitant.

What can you say about this coarse, it is never in the greatest of shape, being built on an old Garbage Dump, and the number of rounds it takes in a year. I think it takes the most rounds per year out of any coarse in Canada.

Nice to get out in April, wish I could play more rounds with my good buddy Notty up at WestWood, those were the good ol days.

HOS

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
played Richmond Golf and Country club today, course in remarkable condition. Fairways are dry, only bad thing about it was that the greens were punch and we used temporary greens.

Started off really bad, double, double, bogey, bogey, then par the rest on the front for a 42. Back nine was were my game picked up with par, par, birdie, par, then a couple more pars till the last two holes, bogey on 17 and triple bogey on 18 to finish with a 10 over 82.

Overall great day to play sun was beating down:D

Cheers
JB

Can't wait to play the osoyoos course on the long weekend in August.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played at Point Roberts on the weekend, its in pretty good shape. The rough was longer than usual, likely because of the rain over the last while. The greens there are difficult, but were slower than I remember them. A good start that can only get better.

ifonlythesamethingcouldbesaidformygame:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
played Richmond Golf and Country club today, course in remarkable condition

WTF are you doing playing there, J_B? I guess you have a lot more money than I thought. :) Would you mind sponsoring the Ireland Nations Cup team this year? Thanks.

To stay on topic, I took a few swings in my backyard on Sunday. The grass was long because of the rain but it still allowed me to chip a few whiffle(sp?) balls. My first big round of the year will be at the South Park Invitational. :rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captian,

WTF are you doing playing there, J_B? I guess you have a lot more money than I thought. Would you mind sponsoring the Ireland Nations Cup team this year? Thanks.

Actually I was sponsoring the burnett golf team that is were they play out of. Nice day to get out for a free round:D .

Cheers
JB

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Practicing in your back yard is a great way to warm up.

That's how Phil Mickelson got his touch around the green, chipping into an icecream bucket.

Me I chipped into the neighbours bedroom window.
Either one works.

As for everyone else, please don't post that you played a course between Monday and Friday as it pisses me off that I have to work those days.

Thanks
:mad:

Yodaisnowaweekendgolfer

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Captain

Originally posted by Yoda
As for everyone else, please don't post that you played a course between Monday and Friday as it pisses me off that I have to work those days.
Sick days Yoda...sick days...;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sick days?

What are those?

This place would be in shambles if I left.
:D

Anyone played Salmon Arm lately?
Is it still in as good a shape as it was when it first opened?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Eagle - Men's night?

Does anybody have any information as to how the course is playing? It will be a real test to try and play with one eye. Has anybody been out to play in the Men's night yet this year? Is it the same sort of set up?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0