Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How are the tracks playing?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swan-e-set

Swan-e-set has a great deal on for memberships right now.

If you are under 30 years old you can get an intermediate membership.
It's $9000 financed over 5 years interest free with monthly dues of $210.
Once the membership is payed then you just pay monthly dues. After you turn 30 the dues go up to $295 as for individual or family memberships.

The deal in this is that an individual membership (30yrs and older) is $21,000. If you get in as an intermediate you only pay $8000.

Sweet deal.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swan-e-set members course is nice. We get to play there on a reciprocal basis. Sounds like a good deal for the under 30 crowd.
I'm not sure what Pitt is at these days...but i believe it is somewhere in the $8500-$10000 range. I got in at $6000 interest free for 5 years (that was when there was a big membership drive) with monthly dues average about $160-$170.
I put Swan-e-set ahead of Pitt when it comes to the course, but they certainly have a lot more weather to deal with down that way especially from October to May. Plus their membership isn't as friendly as the Pitt crowd.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Swan-e-set

Originally posted by Yoda
Swan-e-set has a great deal on for memberships right now.

If you are under 30 years old you can get an intermediate membership.
It's $9000 financed over 5 years interest free with monthly dues of $210.
Once the membership is payed then you just pay monthly dues. After you turn 30 the dues go up to $295 as for individual or family memberships.

The deal in this is that an individual membership (30yrs and older) is $21,000. If you get in as an intermediate you only pay $8000.

Sweet deal.

Sweet?:confused: Your doing better than I thought Yoda. But lets be frank here, you have to be UNDER 30 to get this deal, thus you or I would not qualify.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Under 30's

Yes i know i do not qualify anymore but before i turned i thought very hard about it.

I agree the members aren't as close as the Pitt crowd. I worked at Pitt for a few years as a junior and everyone knows everyone but at Swan -e it not nearly the same. Mind you give it a few more years and it will be more like Pitt with the main group of members that will all know each other from day one, and a few more club tournaments and it will become that way.

The thing with SES is that you can actually golf it year round, as long as it doens't have any snow. Sure they get more rain than Pitt but you can get a week of rain at Swan and the next day it's dry enough to play. Unless Pitt has improved their drainage in the past i know they had at least a 2-3 day wait for the course to dry out.
I know of people that have golfed in Dec., Jan, and Feb. Chilly sure but the course was still playable.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Intermediate membership

A little correction to the Intermediate membership info I posted above.
It's only $7500 membership and now they are adding 1 year of no monthly dues on top of that.

Nice deal.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob played Inkameep Canyon a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the greens being lightning quick and the fact that I sucked, and the fact that it was very hot, and smokey, and there wasn't enough ice cold beers, and the beer girl was below par(a bad thing here), I had a great time and loved the course.

Back up to the Okanagan to play Twin Lakes this weekend.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played Morgan Creek Sunday and it was pretty nice. Greens not to fast, rough with a fair amount of bite (I would know too) and the sand was perfect.

I played Point Roberts the week before and the greens are flipping ridicules. WAAAAY to fast. You literally have to hit the fairway before the green with a lofted club just to keep the ball on. Stupid.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golf in the 'Loops .......

Played the Dunes on Saturday for the first time and it was in great shape. The prats did charge $62 for the round which I thought was extremely steep as there was no one on the bloody course. Greens were lightning quick with many tricky elongations but quality at the end of the day.

Many thanks to the designer of the course for incorporating a fcuking 150 yard long bunker off Hole #5. I should have brought my bucket and spade for the thing.

Good day out though, very nice course.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I've heard

I've heard from some people that some of the local courses are getting very dry and brown.
Pitt Meadows and Swan-E-Set being a couple of them. Apparently some bare spots on the greens and the fairways are dry and hard.

Can anyone confirm?

yodalookingtotakedaysofftogolfgreencourses.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitt is definitely dry and getting brown. watering restrictions have been put in place resulting in manual watering of tees and greens only. course has held up amazingly though.

can't speak for swan-e-set as i haven't been out there this summer. not sure if they have had the same watering restrictions.

i played point roberts last friday and have to agree the greens will not hold. quick and true though which is good if you're putting well. very nice track.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terry David Mulligan.......

Beano and I played here a couple weeks ago (we're very much in love) and, despite not having played for six months, I beat the big man despite his many tricky elongations. As Beano plays in a society every weekend, this was a miracle on the scale of loaves and fishes.

Whenever you're in the UK to play golf, and I imagine most of you come over at least three times a year to play golf, this course is well worth a punt. Very challenging and full of tricky elongations.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone played at the Fort Langley Golf Course? It's being considered for a VERY prestigious tournament and I was wondering what it was like.

All help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know a rooster took (gave?) a shat on it once. He looked pretty content. I wan't going to reply but you said all help would be appreciated. It's nice to feel appreciated.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob
Maybe Smallsey can get you a good deal out at Point Grey GC for this, so called, prestigious tournament.

:rolleyes:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Mission on Sunday. 18 holes for $25. Course is in excellent shape but a couple of the greens have not yet recovered from being punched.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swan-e-set has just punched as well. Greens on Links course are a little rough right now, which totally affected my first 2 rounds of the year.
:rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing at Northlands on Saturday. Anyone know if it's in good shape. ALso anyone know where i can get a sherpa to carry my bag?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0