Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL vs VMSL

Do you think, if run properly, the valley can become competitive with the VMSL?

• Yes

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

Why is it that all of you think that you can compete, when it has been proven over and over and over again with (what must be for you increadible embarrassment and heartache) relative ease that we piss on you guys every year. Are you actually going to look at last year's "All-Star" game as a benchmark for how close (or should I say how far) behind your level of play is? If the Valley is fcuking amazing, why did Surrey U decide to play in the VMSL? Could it be because they didn't want to play against the best teams????:confused: Wake up and smell the cow dung you hillbilly!!!:D :p

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco

In the Defence of the FVSL (Hillbillies) that is all they smell is cow dung:D :D

First and probably the last time I will agree with Bronco;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatian Sensation

OK, let's all try to educate Bronco here shall we?

Competing against VMSL sides vs. the strength of each league should be clarified.

Yes, I've played in each league.
Yes, the VMSL is a better league in my humble opinion.
Yes, this is why SU went to the Metro League.

However, Jackass, when you take a particular team from the valley and line them up on any given day against another VMSL team, it depends.

For example, Croatia Zagreb enters a European club competition.
I'll wait for everyone to wipe their eyes and get off the floor before I proceed.
There.
Again, suppose Croatia Zagreb draws the awesome and mighty Glasgow Rangers.
Does that mean that it is a given (Yes) win for Rangers when the superiority of the SPL vs. whatever the top league in Croatia is called is not in question?
No, it is not a given win for Rangers.
This was a bad example, Rangers on any given day would crush Croatia Zagreb.
However, now you may see our point.

Enoughalreadyyafcukinuselesstwatwho'llbewatchingtheBC'sfrom thestands.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Ranger

Originally posted by Bronco
If the Valley is fcuking amazing, why did Surrey U decide to play in the VMSL? Could it be because they didn't want to play against the best teams????:

Bronco,

Aren't SU at the top of the VMSL? A former Valley team? How could a shitty Valley team do so well in the Glorious VMSL?

Question is when are they going to allow another Valley team in to dominate?

Why don't you start using your team in examples of how you would beat FVSL teams instead of resting on the Top VMSL teams? huh, huh, oh that's right you don't have a good track record

skytrainaskingwaytoomanyquestions

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good One Coppertone

Bronco I don't know why your so full of piss on the BC's for.Your sad team is not going to finish in the top 8 (Maybe if you get some results from others) Which means you'll have to finish top 4 in the imperial. Just because your grandpa's won it 3 years on the trot does not mean this years bunch of cheaters will do it!

Ranger heres one for you! Peace Arch is in first right? 98% of them couldn't crack Surrey U's VMSL squad. So they left and went to Peace Arch. What does that tell you about player quality?

Skyflame~ There was two Valley teams promoted at the same time. Surrey FC was relagated first year and the club has never been the same. FYI we both JUST stayed up I think it was by 2 points. It's not an easy league to be in!

knvbwouldliketohereaanswertothat?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good One Coppertone

Originally posted by knvb

Ranger heres one for you! Peace Arch is in first right? 98% of them couldn't crack Surrey U's VMSL squad. So they left and went to Peace Arch. What does that tell you about player quality?

KNVB: What place are you in this year?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNOB

Why did you have to go and open your stupid "Valley" mouth. Do not take solace in the fact that we allow you to play in the VMSL. You are still a hillbilly and by definition a moron. Not only will we take the Imperial Cup, but we will also have enough points through the league to qualify. Just ask the Limey that plays for you guys how Croatia historically performs after the break. As for being cheaters:confused: i fail to see how using a player that is signed and has sat 3 games for a 1 game suspension constitutes cheating. I guess it makes sense to Valley folk. Or is that just the ugly taste of bitterness coming out after having been pissed on for 90 minutes. :D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain

You asked why is Slurrey U on top of the A side. Its simple really, its because most of there players came from the VMSL. Wilkie, Dalrimple,Smiles,Deacon just to name a few were top notch players in the VMSL before they joined Slurrey U. I personally think the bulk of the soccer talent in BC comes out of the VMSL. Its not that the FVSL players are shite the league is. Players dont want to travel all that way (from the boonies) to train and play for a VMSL, but you have to face it the VMSL is far off a better league in my opinion

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good One Coppertone

Skyflame~ There was two Valley teams promoted at the same time. Surrey FC was relagated first year and the club has never been the same. FYI we both JUST stayed up I think it was by 2 points. It's not an easy league to be in!

Surrey sending 2 teams at the same time was not the best move. I agree its not an easy league but its a different kind of competitive football and until FVSL can play at the same competitive level week in week out, they will be a step behind. As its stands now there is only 2 or 3 FVSL teams that give the type of intensity level and its just not good enough.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco~ I let that go because we've done this once before! You better check your math though because your 10 points now may not get you there.

Ranger~ Why?? We are tied for first but I think we have played one more game than Peg.

If your going to say Valley players have us were we are now DON"T there is only 2 guys still left on our squad from the Vally team that got Surrey U into the VMSL.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: KNOB

Originally posted by Bronco
Not only will we take the Imperial Cup, but we will also have enough points through the league to qualify. Just ask the Limey that plays for you guys how Croatia historically performs after the break.

I'd type a reply but I'm laughing too hard.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been meaning to post this elsewhere but apparently the VMSL gets 9 spots again for the BC's this year.

I recall that when SFC was relegated from the VMSL that the first place FVSL team was suppose to take their spot. But then they didn't want to or folded or something?

As for my thoughts on today's topic du jour, I hate to bring it up, but last year, the VMSL's lowest seed into the BCs beat the FVSL's highest seed in the first round. Yes, on any given day and all that crap but it's really the only true barometer to go by (head to head in BCs). The allstar game stuff means dick. So does saying you've played in both leagues and spout off it's all about egos. Give me a fcuking break.

At the end of day we're all going to say whatever league we are in is the best. Human nature, egos, and all that crap. The fact is that a team from the valley has never won the show.

~TB.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cousin Molester

Are you ever going to be able to write in coherent fcuking english? You are truly too stupid to even be considered physiological matter. If you harnassed your brain power somehow, I'm sure you could toast some bread (lightly) Please for the love of God, (and to spare yourself any further embarassement) do not ever post here again!!!:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skytrain

Originally posted by ref beater
You asked why is Slurrey U on top of the A side. Its simple really, its because most of there players came from the VMSL. Wilkie, Dalrimple,Smiles,Deacon just to name a few were top notch players in the VMSL before they joined Slurrey U. I personally think the bulk of the soccer talent in BC comes out of the VMSL.

Psst..dickbeater:
Wilkie's a North Delta boy.
Deacon's an Aldergrove boy from way back.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

Ya way back, but Deacon has been with the wolves for years now. Ya they are from the Valley I never said they werent they were just smart enough to play in the better league instead of wasting there time and talent in the fvsl.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ranger~ Why?? We are tied for first but I think we have played one more game than Peg.

Calm down.:)
My point is being cut from the #1 team in the VMSL does not mean shite footballers or team.
Therefore, again maybe the players from PA couldn't crack your line up, but does that mean the quality of their side is less than say, Croatia?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

I knew eventually someone was going to bring this to who grew up where... in the context of this discussion, it's a moot point, though in a way, it begs the question why so many quality players decided to make the trek to the VMSL rather than the FVSL...

~TB.

scouser

Sep 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just my opinion?

My first TTP post was on this very subject:

I have played VMSL and am currently playing FVSL and I can honestly say that the Vancouver Metro league is better. I see a lot of old boys who very near the end of thier career in the FVSL. They have shown, like myself, that soccer is no longer their #1 priority in life. They like being close to home and feel the Fraser Valley supplies the appropriate competion needed to satisfy those soccer urges:D :D :D

I disagree with those morons, who claim that VMSL is so much superior. Those old guys know playing in the Valley were ten times the players some of you young will ever be. They've had great amatuer and in some cases professional careers that you will never achieve. My advice too those young kids who think their hot shite, and that the Metro league is the greatest, is get a real job because if your not playing in England yet, you'll never be.

P.S. I love those POCO guys, but they have very little chance of making a mark in the B.C.'s. Their like me; OLD!!!!:( :( :(

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0