Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL vs VMSL

Do you think, if run properly, the valley can become competitive with the VMSL?

• Yes

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RBONCOBITCH

Originally posted by sid
well hello bronco

remember everybody !

When in doubt!!
kick a croat!!
whos going to beat your STINKY team this week you SYTNKY OX

I finally got it, you're fcuking blind:cool: and you haven't gotten your brail keys yet. :D :D

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thread closed

Well done Rob, shut the thread down just as it gets funny (Downtown). Just because you're boring doesn't we all have to be!

Silverlikesalaugh..................ifmodsallowit.

hooded_owl

Mar 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe you FVSL lads should be concerned about something else ...

Attention all FVSL players.... it has just been brought to the attention of the VMSL board the sincerity of your concern regarding joining the FVSL with the superior VMSL and once again the issue was cleared up by the fast thinking Azzi:

Key to his concern was one of your own key supporters who in her attempt to create a FVSL team has brought many concerns to the table. Apparently Lucy....vanleirde has made an attempt to register herself with a FVSL team in the past and her registration was denied... this is a serious issue and can not be dealt with lightly, if Lucy was successful in joining a team such as the GEU Premier Pickers this may seriously threaten the positions of every FVSL player due to the rash cascade of female players who may decide to follow Lucy.... though the quality of play may be improved by allowing the female gender in to the cards of the FVSL the possibility must not be given. FVSL lads i think you may want to concern yourself with this serious issue before you even begin to think about making an attempt at playing at the next level. Please this is not an intended piss take:rolleyes: (dude that ones for you), this issue must be resolved before further damage may result, we in the VMSL wouldn't want to have a winter co-ed, it may ruin the entire soccer in the lower mainland, hell if co-ed took place in the winter I may stop in, during my visit to the corn maze and pumpkin patches to enjoy some great co-ed action!!!!

Something to think about !

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incase you missed it???

Posted last week, but the hiding hooded one never responded??? What are you afraid of Maradonna???

Owl
Do you ever think about tucking in your jersey, pulling up your socks and coming on the pitch???Really, your humour and footballing skills must be superior!!!

Yeh, I should know better than to even try and goad you out of your mask, but I thought to myself... "self why not get this brilliant footballing maestro to come out and tell all us FVSL muckers whom he is and to which class club in which he belongs, better yet, which Premier squad he plays 90 minutes for???"

Downtown probably posted it best!!!

Guinness

Get tae fcuk!!!:mad: Kissing Azzi's plump pudding will get you no where little red riding hood!!!:rolleyes:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The farm is ready

Guinness, you do not want to know the wanker, now leave it alone. As for the hooded wanker, it's so nice to see someone who has clearly studied the benefits of living in the valley and is able to report back with such brilliance. I must admit I often feel like I have made a mistake moving to Vancouver. However, hooded wanker, please give serious consideration, after the corn maze trek, to coming by the Pakenham Cup final on Sunday in Delta. Who cares about the score, but you will finally understand what a real, fun partying team looks like. So get a note so you can stay out past dark. Furthermore, and this goes for the majority of you VMSLers, please bring the wives and girlfriends along. We have an excellent grazing pasture right beside the field that you can leave all your ugly better halves at while you enjoy a nice cold beer in the garden. Now don't all rush out there, its only 3 acres so we have to cut your ladies off at 20. Plus you have to clean up their piles after. I've seen most of your women, and I have to admit, maybe the Taliban had something going there with the keeping women's faces covered rule.
:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else notice the newest member to the community? Someone who calls himself "peterthomas". That makes this TTPer wonder...is that the Peter Thomas (bless his heart, and his great suntan) of the FVSL, or somebody who just wants to be Peter Thomas (who wouldn't...great suntan)?;)

Whoever it is, it'll be great to hear what peterthomas has to say about all the "league improvement" banter.

Observing from the cheap seats,

Dude.

:eek:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dudemeister.
I was wondering the same thing myself.
Maybe just a lurker or someone trying to frame the Bronze God.

Time will tell.......

;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Dude, Dude,

The Thomas you are referring to as "suntan man" is Mark Thomas, not Peter Thomas. ...........unless there is another potential melanoma host out there with the same last name.

By the way, Mark Thomas still has a body fat percentage of around 1%. I think he has ceased menstruating as a result.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Au contraire mon ami.
Mark Thomas and Peter Thomas are two different sunworshippers.
The only faults the handsome young devils have unfortunately is that they're also both English. ;)

Also, to contradict you again:
Mark Thomas has a .1 % body fat percentage.

:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I stand corrected.

Welcome PeterThomas.

Now understand this; this thread is entitled FVSL vs VMSL so we must get back on topic before Regs has a cow.

I believe we have more suntanned players in the FVSL than the VMSL as we get more sunshine in these parts. :cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe we have more suntanned players in the FVSL than the VMSL as we get more sunshine in these parts.

Although there is some truth to this statement, I think the high percentage of great suntans speaks more to the fact that we have a high number of ethnic players in the Valley. Take out the ethnic content (have to lump you in here too, Balls), and all you have are a bunch of pasty white guys (hell...even our sweeper John says he loses sight of the ball when it crosses path with my skin). There is some hope for me though- I may be pasty, but I'm Mr. Fiji compared to KNVB. Now that cnut is white.

Now Peter...he's in a class of only two: he and "Hollywood" have the greatest Hawaiian looks this side of, erm, Hawaii. :eek: Co-incidentally, they're both refs…which brings us back on topic: Peter, is you’re going to break the silence, we’d like to hear your comments on both the improvement of the FVSL (our current strengths, what we need to do), as well as your secrets to that great, bronzed look.:cool:

Thanks again,

Dude.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Co-incidentally, they're both refs…

If you want to talk bronzed, skin cancer poster-boys who also referee........you must make mention of one Ned Mullock!!....who coincidentally has been the man in the middle in both FVSL and VMSL leagues (on topic).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a great point, Skip...further justifying you as a expert of both leagues (on topic).

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Owl

Where did the Owl go? I thought for sure he would come stand up for the VMSL in here.

Maybe he only posts at night:confused:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch United

Well done lads - very impressive outing on the weekend.

I was getting the play by play from Cormack every ten minutes and it was all very flattering fellas I must admit.
You heard it - from Cormack even. :D
And, without Jeffries and Dirksen in your line-up too with card problems.
Sorry I couldn't make it out to watch.

Now that the Valley is out of the BCs this can be addressed again.
The point is although no one disputes the superiority of the VMSL over the FVSL, does Peace Arch's performance now bring up the respectability of the FVSL?
Absofcukinglutely in my mind.
I know they're the champions and all, but they would be the first to admit of other quality teams in the Valley.
Again, not in the numbers like the VMSL but a few clubs/teams, yes.

They took one of the best teams in the VMSL to task as a class act like Jimmy Holiday has already admitted.

Can you imagine the irony of facing Surrey United had they pulled it off?
After last year's game and the past relationship between the two clubs?

Again, well done boys.

RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have been a great match…even I would have attended!

Considering Inter was at or near the top of the league all year, it is a fair comparison. It’s not like PAU drew a lower level team or anything like that. As well as Crafty and the Delta lads did to pull it out at the end (great season boys), they can’t make the same claim. They beat a Firemen team that was missing its top guns. Besides…a FVSL Premier side should beat a VMSL 1st division side.

I still think you’ll see the same old arguments until a FVSL goes through at least a couple of VMSL teams to get to the finals, or even win it. BUT…it does go to show that the gap isn’t as wide as Regs would have all of us believe. (Don't get mad Regsie...only kidding...I know you're still in a pissy mood and all.):D

Gotta go reserve my Ferry tickets…can’t miss this match-up of the year between these two powerhouses from the Big League.
:rolleyes:

PS: Congrats to PAU on a great year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0