Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February '06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next time N. Delta wants to mail in the points to the Wack please have the curtousy to call ahead so some of us dont make the long drive out. You brought out a few Cat players and we kicked your ass 5-0, nice game. I have seen little kids put up a better fight than you sorry asses!!

FridayKnight

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's the beer Jimmy?!

True, ND showed a lack of respect by not showing up with a full prem squad tonight. Rapids had 4 or 5 regulars out of the lineup but still had a full bench and had little trouble with the 11 or 12 that put in the effort to show up.
For a team that is proud of how they've done this season, and have high hopes for the Pak, as well as a possible provincial birth, its a little disappointing that they couldn't field a full squad.
At least the game wasn't scheduled for 9:00pm on a Saturday!!
I hope you're well rested for the Delta game next week.

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't a lack of respect, we were just looking out for our best interest. We have a few guys with injuries and few sitting on 2 or 4 yellows, where if they got one last night they would have to miss the cup game, which is the only way we can make provincials, so that is our focus.

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
max power said:
It wasn't a lack of respect, we were just looking out for our best interest. We have a few guys with injuries and few sitting on 2 or 4 yellows, where if they got one last night they would have to miss the cup game, which is the only way we can make provincials, so that is our focus.

Every team in the league has players on the verge of sitting out because of card trouble or injuries. It is the nature of playing this late in the season. CHWK had a few players in these situations last night as well. It is called using self control (not the sexual kind of control either - because that is just impossible). Don't yap at the ref. and don't go into stupid tackles.

We were geared up for what could have been a good game. It is dissapointing that 11 or 12 made the journey to represent ND Lions. If your players that were missing are truly prioritizing the games in which they play because of cards or the possibility of an injury, maybe they should be placed into a bubble (for safety) until moments before the chosen games. You never know when an anvil will drop out of the sky. Furthermore, shouldn't all your players at least come out to watch the Lions get slaughtered by the christians.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Mumms, ya gotta be joking. Can't argue with ND tactics on that one. Would do the exact same thing, and don't think it really disrespects you guys or the DMU boys next weekend. A windup I am sure.

Agree wholeheartedly with none of the boys out to watch though. That's bush. No matter when, that should be any team's favorite road game of the year, except this year I believe for all 9 of us after thoughts.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lame Lions

Agree with LFC2 here... Why would anyone (other than Chilliwack obviously) want to risk any of the above???
Originally posted by: Chilliwack keeper
Next time N. Delta wants to mail in the points to the Wack please have the curtousy to call ahead so some of us dont make the long drive out.
Your arrogance may find yourself out of the Cup early??? Just a thought...

Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lame Lions

Guinness said:
Agree with LFC2 here... Why would anyone (other than Chilliwack obviously) want to risk any of the above???

Your arrogance may find yourself out of the Cup early??? Just a thought...

No arrogance, that was the worst team we have played all season.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Win or lose it meant nothing to them. think about it.... really.
your lucky you even got a game. not many would drive out to the wack on their friday night for a mean nothing game. your lucky you got 12.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late night posting = broken English

You're lucky LION will forget about this post today... WE are very lucky he doesn't fill out the team sheet on a weekly basis... You're lucky your team doesn't make you practice like every other team in the world... You're just totally lucky is what LION was trying to say... Really.

Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
your lucky you even got a game. not many would drive out to the wack on their friday night for a mean nothing game. your lucky you got 12.

Memo to all Wack players, we all should go out and buy lottery tickets according to Lion because we are soo LUCKY!!!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 3 GN 2

We were leading 2-0 going into the second half. but then they got one back early in the second half and then tied it on a PK with 25 to go... we then had a PK but then whalley goalie made a good save to keep the score tied.. Whalley got the winner with 2 mins left on another PK.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Osame is Big Bags bitch

Osame bin madden said:
Sounds like my buddy is making some more friends..
On a happier note, good to see the poco boys fight to the end. Im wondering what changed bigbag? did Osame inspire you to dig deep in the bag of tricks? Did you pin up my post on the lockeroom wall? Did you mix in a ball in practice? Quite the turn around to get 4 out of the final 6 points. Its good for the league to have poco and their history in the league. They have enough committed players for a cat and prem team, and now being associated with poco youth should give them more young players to pick from, unlike a few teams in the league where way too many players play on both. There should actually be a rule about that. So are they playing the Rangers ? RF whats the plan? will you guys give prem a try again? So what happens if they dont? does the 3rd place team get the shot. I think the league should look into making a rule about this. Personally div 1 should be just for teams trying to play prem. So where and when is the relegation cup being played? I want to make sure I show up with my big bag for president t-shirt {super xxxl}. :wa:
sounds like your sucking off the BIG bad BAG:D

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:

*shaking head* It's attitude like this that assists in giving the league a bad name: "Lucky" that anyone would even come out to the Wack on "their" Friday night for a "mean nothing" game??!?

Are you freaking serious??

First of all, there is something called "pride": pride in yourself, and pride in the teammates you should be honoured to play with, as well as pride in those who are your challengers. Every game is a "mean something" game, or should be if you had any pride in yourself and the sport you play in. I remember clearly the season when one part of the Rapids Club (Reserves) lost every game, but one, in a year of horror that will not soon be forgotten by those who endured it. BUT, NOT ONCE did the team NOT field a squad WITH subs, and NOT ONCE did anyone gripe about how "meaningless" it was, despite the brutality of it all. Why? Because of pride.

Secondly, by now it should be considered a bit of an honour to go to a home pitch of a Soccer club, where you can expect to play in front of an average of 120-175 all aged fans of soccer, instead of the standard "ex-players" and "girlfriends" that make up the sidelines at most matches (mostly 'home' fans in stands, but 'away' fans are always encouraged and welcome), while taking in (and playing in) an atmosphere that rivals the professional teams, AND be invited to the piss up that always takes place afterwards. Some teams actually book hotel spaces for their night out. Win or lose the Rapids always extend an invitation to the visiting squads. Some accept, some go home, but all that do come out have an excellent time. Maybe you've never been one to partake in the festivities afterwards? If you had, you would know that there is no gloating, or arrogance involved...just good old fashioned beer swilling fun.

Thirdly, are you trying to imply that 'your' Friday night is more relevant than the Friday night of all of the Wack players that came out to play against you on 'their' Friday night? Is it some sort of privilege to have your 'magnificent' team come "all the way out" to the Wack to play, even WITH a sub-par squad? Wasn't one of your players beaking off to the PDD squad last time the Wack went to your home pitch, about how the Rapids weren't good enough to play against him/you guys, and then didn't show up to play against the Prem squad the next night (when you got beat)?

I remember distinctly the "class" this particular player showed to our squad then...and your post simply reaffirms my earlier impressions about it, and you guys. If you (your players, team, et. al.) continue to think "bush league", you will BE "bush league".

*shaking head* Disgraceful.

Nuff said.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rivermouth

LION jumped ship from that shite squad (ND Lions) over a year and a half ago and plays for PAU now... He is a WOP so arrogance was injected into his HUGE heed at a very impressionable age... You must excuse his 4am post after partying with his ex-teammates, he's not good on the piss nor at taking the piss... REALLY... So thanks for your moving and lovely 3 cents "Mr.Pride"... Stick to mispronouncing names in front of "120-175 all aged fans of soccer" and knicking free pitchers from the visiting teams table at that country bar we always go back to... I think you may live in the wrong community talking about the wrong sport Alice... Go back to Davie St. and pick up tittley winks...

BTW, see ya on my next Friday night.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Questions

When does Chilliwack get their A-League application approved?

Have they notified the FVSL?

Will they go to the new Whitecaps stadium and do a San Siro kind of thing like Inter and Milan?

Possibly questions for Reed and Thomo on the next Up Front show.

Shame, once they're gone I guess the class of the FVSL will revert back to the Rangers again.

RF

;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rivermouth

Guinness said:
LION jumped ship from that shite squad (ND Lions) over a year and a half ago and plays for PAU now... He is a WOP so arrogance was injected into his HUGE heed at a very impressionable age... You must excuse his 4am post after partying with his ex-teammates, he's not good on the piss nor at taking the piss... REALLY... So thanks for your moving and lovely 3 cents "Mr.Pride"... Stick to mispronouncing names in front of "120-175 all aged fans of soccer" and knicking free pitchers from the visiting teams table at that country bar we always go back to... I think you may live in the wrong community talking about the wrong sport Alice... Go back to Davie St. and pick up tittley winks...

BTW, see ya on my next Friday night.

What the hell Guinness, where is the old Avatar? Had surpassed The Rob's bouncing one as my favorite. Have a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0