Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea im with guinness on this one as well...watched the game on pocos side and not sure what would give them the right to talk shite to another team......well guinness coaches are the example for thier teams so they say...and after seeing that lumpkins on the sidelines i can see why they only have like 8 points....the way he acted looked more like a div 2or3 kinda job beaking about players and making fun of them....i bet the last jog he did was from his kitchen to the couch during a commercial break not to miss his favorite show "how to coah a subpar premier team that will be relagated"...waiting for a rebuttle.......out....

.oh yea on last thing anyone have ideas on how to beat chiliwack we got them in the cup and it looks like nobody has found the key yet?????looking for help...lots

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
0 class from the poco sideline. mostly coming from some old fat guy dressed up like a coach. usually its drunken supporters, but when the 1 win coach about to get relegated is yappin', it kind of all makes sence now.
You guys should find a coach interested in coaching, not talking shite with 1 win. what a joke you guys have been this year.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So winner take all next Sunday at SSA. As much as I respect where the Lions have come from, gotta think the wily vets of PAU will treat this much like a cup final or a provincial game.
I pick PAU.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmm, yes indeed LFC2. This weekend's match (ND Lions vs PAU) should be a good'er!

As far as THIS is concerned:

Osame bin madden said:
Cainy ,Im surprised that someone like you who will pick friends over quality to be critical......

My opinion on this will be deemed biased, and perhaps rightfully so. However, I can't help but comment, and of course, take exception to the comment. Cainy has certainly provided an opportunity for good mates to play together over the past 5 years, and we've enjoyed our fair share of successes while doing so. However, I would argue that Cainy has had to make some difficult decisions in the time we've been together at PAU, often leaving a friend or two on the sidelines because the team was better for it at the time. It's not an easy thing, balancing social friendships with tough coaching decisions. Cainy has been loyal to those of us who have a history, but never at the expense of the product on the pitch, nor at the expense of giving young players an opportunity to play.

I also think the responsibilty of ensuring youth transition nicely into a club rests on more than just the coach's shoulders. Veteran players need to know when to embrace change, and perhaps swallow some pride when it comes to bringing good young players into the fold, and allowing them to cut their teeth. Speaking as an old fart who's getting a little long in the tooth, I can honestly say I will feel good stepping away from PAU knowing that there are great young players replacing me, and that the club will remain strong within the league.

So, I leave you now, as I step down off my soap box.......and invite you to begin the slagging. I'm sure the 'Cainy Stroking' comments will ensue. Have-atter boys! :D

~S-Dog

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the Rapids have now sewn up the League, I say that right about now is probably the time to start thinking about ensuring that a FVSL team makes it beyond the 2nd round of the Playoffs, and (say it ain't so) possibly about what needs to be done to beat the VMSL teams during that same period?

(Mild exceptions for those still hunting the 2nd, 3rd spots for playoffs...but only "just").

The last thing I want to see is some VMSL twat boasting about their "talent" again, because no FVSL teams were able to advance far enough to make them eat "crow".

There should be enough talent to make things happen for once. But, is there dedication? We'll see.

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth... master of the obvious. Yes, all FVSL teams want to have a good showing in the Provincial run.

Remember when we said, "you have to have a point when you speak" well, it should be a good point as well.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 6 - Dewdney 1
Easy win.. Dewdney were flat all game, in what was probably the biggest game of the season for them.
Im sure Star #1 will give the in depth details of the match

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
GN 6 - Dewdney 1
Easy win.. Dewdney were flat all game, in what was probably the biggest game of the season for them.
Im sure Star #1 will give the in depth details of the match

I would like to be the first one to say welcome to Div 1 Dewdney

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 6 Dewdney 1

Great game for us right from the opening whistle... the guys just came out running and winning every ball. We got the first goal 7 mins into the game with a shot 25 yards out.. then had a few chances to score after but couldnt.. we then scored with 5 mins left in the first half.... second half started like the first with us having numberous chances to put to the game away but just couldnt capitalize... about 20 mins into the second half they were rewarded with a PK and scored to make the game 2-1... this seemed to wake us up abit more and then we scored 4 goals in the last 25 mins to secure our spot in premier for next year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch.
Way to breathe life into a dead soul.
Still in premier Poco!!!

You can do it!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
Poco 2
GEU 1

That's it?
You seemed much more chatty last week my friend.
Especially when it comes to other sides and their tales of woe.

What, oh what, have you done for us lately Outkast?

Oh, that's right - Absolutely fcuk all.

Have a nice day, :)

RF

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
That's it?
You seemed much more chatty last week my friend.
Especially when it comes to other sides and their tales of woe.

What, oh what, have you done for us lately Outkast?

Oh, that's right - Absolutely fcuk all.

Have a nice day, :)

RF

Whats there to say when you lose? Oh yeah, we lost because 6 of our guys were on a stag.

Last time I checked were still in the Pak Cup.

Oh wait, you were never in it.

Have a great day :)

O.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like POCO will have to play either the Rangers or the Raiders for the promotion/relegation game. Does anyone know what the plans for either of these teams are? Are they looking to play premier or ride another few seasons in div 1?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
Oh wait, you were never in it.

Bang on son.
I've never been in the Pakenham Cup.
I stand corrected.

How's the league going this year again?
I don't normally look past 5th place.
Curious.

Kokanee:
I imagine Girth will jump all over this one but my assumption would be 'no' for my club going up.
Can't say for sure though.

I can't see the Raiders going either.

It think for the league it would be good see Aldergrove go up and PoCo stay anyway.
Both being long standing FVSL clubs.

Neverbeentothedanceforever

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Bang on son.
I've never been in the Pakenham Cup.
I stand corrected.

How's the league going this year again?
I don't normally look past 5th place.
Curious.

Im not saying you've never been in the Pak Cup, just at least not in the new millenium.

You're a Pakenham Cup legend, I wont take that away from you. I think your the only guy on TTP that played in the inagural Pak. A feat in itself.

The season could have gone a whole let better. Growing pains I guess. Im pretty sure I can speak for all 15 of us when I say this year has been a roller coaster.

At least we still have something to play for.

GEU vs Alderbush, Friday Night Rotary Turf 7:00pm if your interested.

I'll be the one warming up in the Hearts touque and the Hibernian Sweater to boot. Nevermind my Celtic green laces. Ahhh, the life of a rangers supporter.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
En guarde you say?

outkast said:
Im not saying you've never been in the Pak Cup, just at least not in the new millenium..

Don't you make me bring out Cainy here OK?
No one reads an FVSL archive book like he does.
Maybe you should read it too...:D

I'll bet Grad '04 was the best ever.
You and BSLU should get together some time.
I'm sure you've got lots in common.

Eeeaaaassssssyyyyy ;)

outkast said:
Ahhh, the life of a rangers supporter.

Hibernian?
Hearts?
Celtic?

These names are not familiar to me these days.
Villareal maybe as we're in the Champions League, but you have me at a loss here.

Come on Aldergrove,
RF

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And contrary to what PAU say Big Belly was actually fairly quiet last night. I guess now that the Rangers job is up for grabs he's trying to become a calming influence to the young guys.

P.S. Did Poco get a new goalie and if so why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0