Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mumms said:
Rivermouth... master of the obvious. Yes, all FVSL teams want to have a good showing in the Provincial run.

Remember when we said, "you have to have a point when you speak" well, it should be a good point as well.

Mumms...you know as well as I do that I rarely have A point...never mind a GOOD one. But I do know that as a VMSL player in recent past and a FVSL player now, it must be a bit of a conflict hearing me refer to the VMSL lads as "twats", while (as a great team player now playing in the FVSL) you're probably supportive of my stated desire to see a FVSL team (you know my bias) make it all the way this year. I can understand that. No worries mate. :D :)

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth, still don't see your point. Yes, I played in the metro league and now play in the valley. I also played with Cainy and the boys "back in the day" in Slurrey. I will say my comment in another way. Hopefully this will clear things up for you.

Yes, EVERYONE (including Valley teams) wants to do well in the Provincials and the oppostition are all twats until after the game. However, sometimes they are still twats after the game (see recent PAU comments) but, rarely are they twats after you have had a few beer. Lesson learned... beer=good and twats are twats.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beer=good and twats are twats.

Eloquent......

......and an eerily accurate metaphor for life........in a twisted 'Mumms' kinda way. :D

Seriously though Mumms, what gives?! You don't say a word on TTP for a Bizillion fukcing years, and then suddenly, presto-whammo, you're the mouth-of the south (or at least the 'Wack) ;)

On topic:

Dewdney is relegated. Discuss please.

~S

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
On topic:

Dewdney is relegated. Discuss please.

~S

When teams get promoted, the majority of teams need to add additional players to make the prem team stronger. However, now with teams having to field a cat team, this also results in straining the capabilities of many clubs. The clubs with youth programs are best suited to have a stronger overall club. But with teams that only have a small club, what can they do to compete with the big boys?

Looking at Dewdney and other smaller clubs such as my own. There are only a handful of people involved with the management aspect of the club. Ideally its best if new faces can come in the mix and step up, but what if you have a close knit group of players and a few managers. How do you add additional players to field a cat team, without getting your prem guys playing on 2 teams on a regular basis?

Just a thought, adding 15+ new players over a summer is not an easy thing, and im sure aldergrove, and whom ever else may move up will have their work cut out for them.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Osame is Big Bags bitch

Guinness said:
You're a fcuking idiot!!! PAU does have a few lads from the Surrey United days, but IMO Cainy has never gone with mates over talent... Yes he may have a soft spot for those that have produced in the past for him, but why would anyone favour new potential over dedicated proven players??? PAU have a few young players coming through the ranks quite nicely, but we also have a quality collection of vets that are still in their 20's!!! Every team needs to bring in one or two young lads every season... Mix and blend as you build (so to speak)... We may not have done the business today, but I'd back the lads in our room any day... The Lions have been talking a lot of trash lately... Next week is the one circled on my calender!!!;)

Now thats what Im talking about.:D .it was actually me that said this. I knew I would get a strong reaction from the nation. My jab at Cainy was just ttping, I cant wait to read the rest of the posts, I hope they get better...

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Osame is Big Bags bitch

Guinness said:
Before I get into this I'd like to publically say I've never ever heard such a moan on the sidelines as I did today... I've experienced many a go from the peanut gallery before, BUT the coach from Poco is an absolute disgrace!!! He continually called our players names depending what shoe fit... Even after the match we all shook hands and I personally wished the Poco squad good luck next week and the fat tub of goo had a go at Cainy for whatever reason... Biggest display of class act I've ever seen... Especially after he acted like the single point was Scotlands ticket to the next World Cup!!! MUPPET!!!:rolleyes:

Y;)

Sounds like my buddy is making some more friends..
On a happier note, good to see the poco boys fight to the end. Im wondering what changed bigbag? did Osame inspire you to dig deep in the bag of tricks? Did you pin up my post on the lockeroom wall? Did you mix in a ball in practice? Quite the turn around to get 4 out of the final 6 points. Its good for the league to have poco and their history in the league. They have enough committed players for a cat and prem team, and now being associated with poco youth should give them more young players to pick from, unlike a few teams in the league where way too many players play on both. There should actually be a rule about that. So are they playing the Rangers ? RF whats the plan? will you guys give prem a try again? So what happens if they dont? does the 3rd place team get the shot. I think the league should look into making a rule about this. Personally div 1 should be just for teams trying to play prem. So where and when is the relegation cup being played? I want to make sure I show up with my big bag for president t-shirt {super xxxl}. :wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame buddy how are you?

Yes the boys will go up if they win.

This is a New group of Rangers who plan on doing thier best to get back up to the show!

Nice to see you back in the game Oh Mighty One !

Coach

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Coach can this team compete in Premier with Zaurrini as the main man? Everytime I see the guy it looks like he's added 5 pounds.:D I guess he really idolizes RF. Then again you guys did take it to GN during the 45 mins or so of the Pak game that I watched so anything is possible I suppose.

P.S. Fil are you bringing any of those geegers out to PW this year? I'll have some souvlakia probably a couple of times. Souvlaki for a geeger perhaps?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
But Coach can this team compete in Premier with Zaurrini as the main man? Everytime I see the guy it looks like he's added 5 pounds.:D I guess he really idolizes RF. Then again you guys did take it to GN during the 45 mins or so of the Pak game that I watched so anything is possible I suppose.

P.S. Fil are you bringing any of those geegers out to PW this year? I'll have some souvlakia probably a couple of times. Souvlaki for a geeger perhaps?

Zaurrini, may be a leader, skilled, king of the sausage and from what I hear a pretty awesome player in the past but you can't say he is the best ranger. i have watched probably about 7 or 8 of their games in the past few years and not once was he there best player. He is good and a bit of a cheap kunt but I would take halvy or Jacko instead anyday.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:

Off topic, but yes.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
i have watched probably about 7 or 8 of their games in the past few years and not once was he there best player. He is good and a bit of a cheap kunt but I would take halvy or Jacko instead anyday.

I have not been the best Ranger this year, hence our early exit from the Pak.
Your best players have to be your best players if you plan on winning. Right HOS?

Our's werent.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the early exit came from WS missing an open net. Hey since you live right across from the turf have you taken WS out for some shooting practice?

Back on topic....Can the Rangers beat Poco in the playoffs?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't they have to finish second first, before they can get into this playoff? By the looks of it, NDFC still has a mathematical shot.

BTW: well done NDFC, on your first year up from 2nd division. Nice season, regardless of the final standings. Good to see young teams trying to move up.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
if poco raiders win their games in hand dont they go second and play poco city in play off could it happen ...would it happen

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Your best players have to be your best players if you plan on winning. Right HOS?

Our's werent.

What, 90 minutes of shut-out football is not good enough for you, I blame white shows for not scoring on the open net, he is cut when we go to Premier.
Thats right, we will play-off when we finish second this year, and then decide if we want to go to the show.
I just won't be able to make all the games:(

hos

Plus, I think we owe Poco for last year in the Pac Cup, that would be sweet revenge, wouldn't it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone loves to talk about the Mighty Rangers, even you skip.

Lets Go Rangers, well Rangers Poker on Saturday night at Newton at least, be there at 6, pints are cheap.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0