Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Pre-Season Results, Rumors and Various Scuttlebutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to know where u heard this. it sounds like some pretty reliable info. Lol Just to clarify all things are fine and dandy at poco. If you would like to see for yourself we are having an open practice for fans and media on tuesday. See you there

Dont bullshit Apprentice... everything is not all fine and dandy at Poco... heard that there is a huge problem with the #10 jersey not fitting Tino, better sort that out bro :wa::wa::D

All the best in season buddy.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 Peg 4

So sore...

Peg are pretty damn quick and fit for this time of year and their forwards ultimately were our undoing at the back. 3 long/through balls resulted in 3 goals. Their 4th was just a case of everyone in blue standing around praying someone else would pick up the open guy on the rebound.

Thanks for the game Reedie.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope all you FVSL guys can make it out this Friday night to Swanguard. We could sure use your support as we are in tough vs Toronto Croatia from the CSL.
This friendly was set up so everyone out West can see the caliber of soccer from back East from the CSL. Canadian Soccer League Powered by Goalline Sports Administration Software
The CSL is also meeting all the Brass from all the leagues to open dialog reguarding the future. Just meeting people and putting faces to names. You have to start somewhere.
They hope to build friendships and have more friendlies in and for the future.
We were asked to play in this friendly because, a few years ago if you remember, I sent CC out to compete in the CSL Open Canada Cup. I guess you could say they owed me one. That and the fact that they really didnt know anyone else out here....
That will all change this Friday as everyone meets and hopefully alot more teams from BC will get to play in these types of exchanges.
I am proud to say we have sold alot more tix than we expected and a crowd the size of Zizos friendly will be at the game.
We have just be given permission to move our BeerGarden to the Stands too....So you can drink while watching the game..
Infact we had to rent the East side of the field and the Bleachers from the Caps to accommodate the projected sales and to make room for the Southsiders who are comeing to support and wanted thier usual spot behind the South Net.
I know it all sounds crazy ...so I invite you to come check it out and be apart of history. History as in the first time these 2 leagues have clashed and hopefully history as in the start of an annual event.
Soccer must move forward. We need the Support of all the FVSL players/members. So Please come have a cold one and watch some Soccer early on a Friday Night. 730pm.
All coaches/managers in the FVSL have been sent Tix for this game to be given to all FVSL players/members.
So give your coach a call.
And Please cheer for us as we are in tough...I hear this Toronto team in mid season is very good.
We actually got some game tape and yes they look good...
No matter the outcome this has been quite the experience already...
CHEERS!

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3-4 Poco Thursday
Sapperton 2-2 Aldergrove Saturday

Thanks for the games boys

Sapperton vs Langley Tuesday 9pm Willoughby
Sapperton vs Poco (again) Thursday 7pm SFU
Sapperton vs GEU Sunday 2pm Westview

This ends our pre season tour of the Fraser Valley

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope all you FVSL guys can make it out this Friday night to Swanguard. We could sure use your support as we are in tough vs Toronto Croatia from the CSL.
This friendly was set up so everyone out West can see the caliber of soccer from back East from the CSL. Canadian Soccer League Powered by Goalline Sports Administration Software
The CSL is also meeting all the Brass from all the leagues to open dialog reguarding the future. Just meeting people and putting faces to names. You have to start somewhere.
We were asked to play in this friendly because, a few years ago if you remember, I sent CC out to compete in the CSL Open Canada Cup. I guess you could say they owed me one. That and the fact that they really didnt know anyone else out here....
That will all change this Friday as everyone meets and hopefully alot more teams from BC will get to play in these types of exchanges.
I am proud to say we have sold alot more tix than we expected and a crowd the size of Zizos friendly will be at the game.
We have just be given permission to move our BeerGarden to the Stands too....So you can drink while watching the game..
Infact we had to rent the East side of the field and the Bleachers from the Caps to accommodate the projected sales and to make room for the Southsiders who are comeing to support and wanted thier usual spot behind the South Net.
I know it all sounds crazy ...so I invite you to come check it out and be apart of history. History as in the first time these 2 leagues have clashed and hopefully history as in the start of an annual event.
Soccer must move forward. We need the Support of all the FVSL players/members. So Please come have a cold one and watch some Soccer early on a Friday Night. 730pm.
All coaches/managers in the FVSL have been sent Tix for this game to be given to all FVSL players/members.
And Please cheer for us as we are in tough...I hear this Toronto team in mid season is very good.
CHEERS!
I thought tix were $30 each?

Everywhere I look and read now people are being offered free tickets.

Are the ticket distribution partners aware of this new policy of freebies?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Part of my deal with Toronto Croatia was to donate Tix to the Croation Church on 1st Ave and of coarse Im giveing Tix to My FVSL brothers....
Not to mention the Ball boys team and the 2 kids teams that are walking on the field with the players...
I am also handing out tix to teams we play friendlies against...Cause thats what I do, I promote.
My last 2 Events had 35 (WakeWest) and 32 (Summerlove) Thousand people attend....and guess what ....I gave free Tix away there too.
A free ticket in the right hand brings many friends....PS I gave away 100 tix to my friends huge modeling company to make sure we have lots of hotties at the game...And yes they will all be there...This is more than a game...this is a party in the stands. Croatia has alot of friends comeing so the Atmosphere will be Electric.
So dont worry Regs I know what Im doing.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 Peg 4

So sore...

Peg are pretty damn quick and fit for this time of year and their forwards ultimately were our undoing at the back. 3 long/through balls resulted in 3 goals. Their 4th was just a case of everyone in blue standing around praying someone else would pick up the open guy on the rebound.

Thanks for the game Reedie.

Thanks to you also for the match KNVB.

What a glorious day for a game on perhaps the best pitch in the Lower Mainland. This is the best facility in any local soccer league, as there are several stunning grass fields in immaculate condition and, from what I understand, Peace Arch can move to the turf field whenever there is a weather issue. Plus you have dressing rooms, what looks like a clubhouse, and it's all a stones throw from Southpoint Cactus Club. It simply does not get any better than this, unless of course you're playing at Van Tech Turf. :)

Peace Arch has a very solid team...quite large and physical...they should be at or near the top of the FVSL again this season, especially since they finally have their coaching sorted out. Everyone knows keepers make the worst coaches, just ask Tony Waiters. :cool:

On a side note, the game almost erupted into a brawl after G and Reeder got involved in a altercation but thankfully both players realized there is currently no division beneath Super Flyweight available to fight against one another. Cooler heads prevailed and Walks did a great job allowing the game to continue 11 v 11. By the way, great to see Walks back in the middle of the pitch again and, as a result, first to the beer cooler afterwards.

Good luck to Peace Arch.

Cheers

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3-4 Poco Thursday
Sapperton 2-2 Aldergrove Saturday

Thanks for the games boys

Sapperton vs Langley Tuesday 9pm Willoughby
Sapperton vs Poco (again) Thursday 7pm SFU
Sapperton vs GEU Sunday 2pm Westview

This ends our pre season tour of the Fraser Valley

That is very odd, Cloughie. I was informed by Gary Kilby that we had confirmed a game vs. Langley this Tuesday at 9pm at Willoughby? Maybe we should also book Sapperton and ICST Pegasus to play at Willoughby this Tues at 9pm.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is very odd, Cloughie. I was informed by Gary Kilby that we had confirmed a game vs. Langley this Tuesday at 9pm at Willoughby? Maybe we should also book Sapperton and ICST Pegasus to play at Willoughby this Tues at 9pm.

Case solved. I guess Sapp is playing the Langley Div 1 team on a field right beside us.

As you were.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHEERS!

How did you sell a lot of tickets at $30 a crack? $30 to see amateur soccer.......seems a bit steep? :confused:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you sell a lot of tickets at $30 a crack? $30 to see amateur soccer.......seems a bit steep?

Captain, this Croatia team is from the CSL which is a step above amateur. At least that's what someone told me! Plus they are flying in from T dot O dot which also makes this a bigger event. I'm looking forward to this game and wish others would put as much volunteer time in as Ghouse!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand what Captain is saying given that Zidane and friends vs VMSL allstars didn't even sell out. $30 is steep to see a CSL team vs ACBC.

Geez you would have thought TO Metro Croatia would play Vancouver Croatia (happy 50th anniversary) on a big year for Croatia SC.
Is it just me?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$30 is A LOT of money considering they only charge $10 for their league games........

Admissions
Single Game - $10.00
Season Ticket - $100.00

(taken right from their website)

Good luck. I hope you make money on the game and get a good crowd.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess he has to cover his costs. He must be paying for their air and hotel plus the cost of swangard and security. There is no way TO would fly out here on their own dime. They are leaving the next day. I'll be there with my free ticket.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for being in my business as usual, good job you resolved it quickly I wouldn't want you stopping another 1 of my ideas.....:cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess is Reedie.

"and it would've worked too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh.

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention - could someone let me know the full details on the idea of cloughie's that Reedie ruined?

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
:cool:
Case solved. I guess Sapp is playing the Langley Div 1 team on a field right beside us.

As you were.

Sorry lads, I forgot to attach his PARANOID ravings. Slight confusion because we are both playing LUFC on the same night at the same pitch but he's playing Premier (Div 1) and we're playing Div 1 Dynamo, he almost got his knickers knotted, ala BC Premier League reference, which there is another meeting to discuss with BC Soccer in a few weeks:cool:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:cool:

Sorry lads, I forgot to attach his PARANOID ravings. Slight confusion because we are both playing LUFC on the same night at the same pitch but he's playing Premier (Div 1) and we're playing Div 1 Dynamo, he almost got his knickers knotted, ala BC Premier League reference, which there is another meeting to discuss with BC Soccer in a few weeks:cool:

Quit acting like a spoiled little child, Cloughie.

At least you have admitted that the bcpl was your idea. You certainly had the most to gain at that time but that's all history now. It is very curious how things have changed. Now you are a part of our family in the vmsl and, as such, we like you, even though you snuck in to the league.

I am going to make a bold prediction here: Cloughie will be president of the vmsl within 2-3 years. Progress? Ironically, one would have to say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0