Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - March 2005

Best Day To Play

• Sunday @ 10 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You leave a site for 6 hours and all hell breaks loose.
Nice to see Bookie lurkin' about, how's my mate PopBitch doin'......
Is it compo or work crisis this week, he definitely is Fleetwood isn't he.

StRangerThanEver, you big bastard, win the Nationals and then come on over to the dark side, we'd love t'have ya......bring Gazza & McLean with you too; we'll change our name to Grove Utd.

Lookin' forward to tonight, I predict SU 1 AllBlacks 0 :D .
Coach, maybe you could bring the pizza, we'll be @ BearCreek @ 7pm.
Don't worry about paying, I've got the INTERAC :knvb:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phatanslow said:
Futbol,
How the year ended doesn't exactly define the AllBlacks and if you think it does then you are an idiot !!
:eek:

The season is not over for AllBlacks, we still have Provincials.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allblacks have one game left against Surrey, with 22pts are likely to stay at 22pts.. Sapperton have two games left, one against Academico, with 19pts and a likely win, would also have 22pts, obviously a tie :D ........................... Now the Rangers and Sapperton can complete their little back room deal. Rangers led by Frank Yallops right hand man , "Coach" , will forfiet their game against Sapperton, giving the Erma boy's 4th place and a Provincial Cup berth. :wa:

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Idea Futbol I wonder if Surrey is interested in giving up the points in there mean nothing game with the Allblacks . A little tit for tat :)

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which brings me to my question,,,in the event of a tie in the standings how do they settle it?? Goals for against?? Plus Minus???? Anyone?????

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would assume head to head first and if still tied ( as it is 3-3 ) then I think plus- minus. I am not sure though. Away goals ( head to head ) would be a good way , but that is only because the Allblacks lead 3-2 :bronco:
Futbol wouldn't that be funny if the Rangers did forfeit !!! After all of coachs high horse banter about no class and quitters and all .. That would be way to fukcing funny :D
RF the grove is a wonderful place and there is nothing like the darkside !!
Allblack that is :knvb: :knvb:

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the precedent has been set two years ago when Aldergrove and SFC Firemen were tied for first in the round robin cup play. There was a playoff between the two to decide who came first. I believe the league does not have an alternate tie break system, ie - goals for and against, head to head, so my money would be on a one game playoff for 4th.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, okay, i am over my little tirate. :rolleyes: (love those late night posts)

Looking forward to Sapp on Sunday. We all know each other well and it should be a very tight battle.

Surrey U and Peace Arch is too close to call.Both good teams who seemed to have a very healthy rivalry.

R F has bees sold to the All Blacks for another record transfer.(He is three blocks away Bully.)

Predictions this weekend?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict Wilkie chirps at the official. What the hell, I'll go out on a limb and predict he'll do it twice even.

:D

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions huh.......

I'm going with ScUm to make up for the loss they suffered at P.A. hands , or rather, feet, in league play.....2-1...However, if it goes to penalties I'm banking on J.P. to give P.A. the upper hand. The man is golden when it comes to the PK...

Rangers over Sapp...Sorry Gayboy but they are just too strong, ....3-0....you may, however manage to get a goal or two if T.B. ain't playin.....

...and alas, I will be unable to Groupie anyones game as I have OTHER plans this weekend... :cool:

Good Luck to all........

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take your licks ballsacks,Sapperton has played through injuries all year long, and half of our games with only eleven or twelve men.Maybe your reasons are justified in not playing,but,you should understand why people are judgemental of your decision.Come out of hiding on sunday and sapperton will throw some extra burgers on the barbie.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks vs SU. The Ghost Game.

BullyB crushed a flat footed BallBaby in a highlight reel tackle, deaked past the SilverFox, Megged Spinney and crossed to the soaring 5BigToes, like MJ from the free throw line, CRASH, back of the net. Off came the jersey, the crowd went mad. But wait! The flag was up late, the linesman was blinded by the flash of light off the top of Aves wee head. Still waiting to hear from the TV judge upstairs, we'll keep you posted.
:knvb: Bully & :wa: Toes enjoyin' the post game Za.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking classic reading. :D The drama, the cheers, the tears, this thread has had it all. It really is no wonder that the stars of "As the Valley Turns" from yesteryear have now found themselves new homes in the O-35 division.

Will Regs ever forgive Coach for his classless "Pick that out, bitch" shout?
Will Coach even win over the hearts of the older, wiser Masters group?
Will Bully B pull off a fakie on the last weekend of boarding?
Will Rangerforever eat any and all small children that so happen to misstep into Kelly Os on this sacred day?
Will I ever make it in one piece to 35 so I can experience this for myself?

All we need are Sliver, Fat Monkey, and Snowman to start up the Poco Dominion Masters, and we'll have ourselves a real life soap opera! :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll tell you one thing Dude, guys like Steve Reed, Al Massender, Mark Hughes and Ian Farquhar deserve the highest accolades. They are old but they keep on ticking. They have played at the highest level for so many years and their bodies are still holding up. True anomalies. Not the norm.

They are truly ancient and most of us won't last that long. They are antiques and if they were appraised on the Antiques Road Show, they would fetch top dollar.They exhibit the physical charactersitics of advanced life and I respect them for that. They are perhaps slower in flow and less vigorous in action but they are still doing it. I can't say that for me at the moment. They smell musky and mothballish but they are on the pitch kicking butt. They have belonged and experienced different periods in our world history and obviously take that experience onto the pitch with them.

I hope that I last as long as they do. I am visiting my doc today to see if he can help me.

In all seriousness, I truly am in awe of how they could do what they do, with the highest quality for so long. Kudos. :)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Old Fossils

Ballbaby said:
I'll tell you one thing Dude, guys like Steve Reed, Al Massender, Mark Hughes and Ian Farquhar deserve the highest accolades.

Hear, hear Ballbaby.

Playing on the Scotland O-38s with these fine ambassadors of the Masters game ;) along with the likes of Dave Ellenwood and Tommy McQuade really has me aspiring to be at their level in later days.

Good people, great players.

I just hope after my go with Regs that I'll be welcome back again. :D

So, the score was?

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gayboy....

Yes, we take our lumps.....BUT WE DON"T HAVE TO LIKE IT.. :D ..

I do have to admit "ballsacks" is up there on one of the all time best in TTP...I still laugh when you say it..LOL

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Old Fossils

Rangerforever said:
along with the likes of Dave Ellenwood and Tommy McQuade really has me aspiring to be at their level in later days.

?
C'mon now , Spud Ellenwood is only 41 at the most...besides, all that back up goalkeeping has lengthened his career...not in the same category as Santa Farquhar, who I agree is amazingly spry considering. Tommy is the master ball launcher and prefers to go as deep as Linda Lovelace.
Massender can still move very well for 50....hughesy's gommey elbow, which was once a hindrance in the ol' clan alumni days, has actually been the difference in tight areas :rolleyes: and Reeder is going to stick around until muz retires so he can get a run up front.
:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Hughesy's elbow still works quite well.
It certainly was flexible enough when he wrapped his arm around Shuey's noggin in a headlock last week. :D

I knew Billy was around my age but for some reason thought 'Spud' and Tommy were a bit older than me than that.

Whatever.
The lot of them could put most 20 year olds to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts