Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - March 2005

Best Day To Play

• Sunday @ 10 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game if you missed it on the weekend, I think sapperton played well and we put a little scare into the rangers.That being said,I think that we proved that we are a team to condend with in the future.Good luck to the ballsacks on the weekend,If you guys lose,and you will lose,you have to play us in a playoff game to decide who might get the wild card berth to the provincials.Looking forward to the grudge match should be interesting.Go Surrey!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gameboy said:
Good game if you missed it on the weekend, I think sapperton played well and we put a little scare into the rangers.That being said,I think that we proved that we are a team to condend with in the future.Good luck to the ballsacks on the weekend,If you guys lose,and you will lose,you have to play us in a playoff game to decide who might get the wild card berth to the provincials.Looking forward to the grudge match should be interesting.Go Surrey!

You guys played very well. Fun game to watch. Well done!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budda,
Dennis Mortensen just informed me that there isn't a 4th spot in the provincials for the FV Masters. :rolleyes: I know the Sundowners got in on a wild card a few years back so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
We could always put on a FridayNightSpecial.......for the fun of it. :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully:

No, there isn't a 4th spot for the Valley boys. It breaks down like this:

FVSL = 3 spots
NSCL = 3 spots
WCOTSL = 6 spots
VISL = 4 spots

all based on the relative size of the respective leagues. You don't get an extra spot unless somebody else has one taken away....

stew :cool:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Bully:

No, there isn't a 4th spot for the Valley boys. It breaks down like this:

FVSL = 3 spots
NSCL = 3 spots
WCOTSL = 6 spots
VISL = 4 spots

all based on the relative size of the respective leagues. You don't get an extra spot unless somebody else has one taken away....

The open provincials aren't decided with this criteria are they?
So does the wcotsl warrant twice as many spots because there is also div 1 over 35's...I'm wondering why that should matter to the tune of twice as many spots?...shouldn't there be some effort to recognize / include the strongest teams / leagues?
Not to say they're from the valley but 6 teams automatic from the wcotsl seems too many. I've heard rumours that geu and poco may be entering the valley fray.
Who/how would one league get a spot awarded/taken away then? Vic??
Maybe a wild card game??

I think that this may have been discussed in the past...thoughts?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves:

Don't know about the open spots, but that's the only way it makes sense for us O35ers.

FVSL = 9 teams in 1 division
NSCL = 10 teams in 1 division
WCOTSL = 30 teams in 4 divisions
VISL = 22 teams in 3 divisions

do the math, squire....

shouldn't there be some effort to recognize / include the strongest teams / leagues?
they have... :D :p

The last time the idea of taking away a spot came up was when one of the NSCL teams (don't remember who) forfeited their cup game...

beerz,

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Aves:

The last time the idea of taking away a spot came up was when one of the NSCL teams (don't remember who) forfeited their cup game...

That team was Freybe Vikings year before last. :(

They finished 2nd this year on the NShore so have qualified again.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Aves:

Don't know about the open spots, but that's the only way it makes sense for us O35ers.

FVSL = 9 teams in 1 division
NSCL = 10 teams in 1 division
WCOTSL = 30 teams in 4 divisions
VISL = 22 teams in 3 divisions

do the math, squire....

:

how do you figure that's the way that makes sense?
...because wcotsl has a bunch of rec o35ers (div 3, 2 , and perhaps some of div 1)...this warrants them 6 spots?

If you,your league/bc executive etc thinks that by sheer numbers of guys signed up to div 3 teams - this equates into proper distribution of 035 premier caliber teams in the bc's I call bullshit. The math may be easy but the logic and fairness is questionable. Methinks this is a dodgy copout to decisions based on ability.

Why not have some wild card games to see if, for example the 4th valley team is better than the 6th vancouver team?...

Once again, I'm not saying there aren't quality teams in the wcotsl but who cares about the number of div 2 and 3 teams you collect fees from. :rolleyes:

...well apparently you do :p :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves:

So let me see if I understand how your logic apparently works: "our league is better because we all get to play against each other so we can see how things fall out." Meanwhile, your top teams get free points at the expense of the doormats at the bottom. Must be real fun for the Academico boys: "let's see, this week we get to be trounced by Rangers, then next week by Peace Arch, and then the week after by Surrey..." And you wonder why you have the smallest O35 league in the province? So what are you going to base your seeding criteria on? I'm sure Vic and the BC Soccer mob will say "let's give the FVSL more Cup spots just because they say they're better."

Let's talk about that ability issue. Sure, let your 4th place team play our 6th (Sapperton, last year's Cup finalists)...I know who I'd put my money on, and it wouldn't be Bully's boys. Hey, let them try against the 8th place team (Metro Ford) and see how they do. Again, I wouldn't put money on your guys to win. There are no gimmie games in our Premier Division, unlike on the other side of the river.

Normally, we have seeded the top 4 Premier teams into the Provincials, with the next 2 spots open to whichever Premier and 1st Div teams are interested. We couldn't do that this year because of a lack of time to get all the playoff games in before field allotments run out.

I'm not disputing the achievements of the teams at the top end of the pile in your league, but look at the situation realistically. You have a 3 horse race, with more than 20 points separating 1st from 4th place. In our Premier, we have 5 points separating 1st from 5th, and in 1st Div 8 points between 1st place and 6th. Tell me which scenario is more likely to produce competitive results?

I would love to see more inter-league games, and I'm sure more of our teams would too. We tried to get this to happen on an official basis for 3 years, but couldn't get Robbie and Neil to come up with a fit that they liked. Like I told the Toes before: "we'd love to come out and play on your nice fields, drink all your beer and steal all your women." But basically, without some hard results to back up your claims to greatness for the FVSL, your argument is on shaky ground.

stirring the hornets' nest,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I've heard of it being cancelled?

Would be nice to find out these things before the long weekend starts :rolleyes:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a quick note as I'm out the door to Skaha.
AllBlacks could only field 7 and I informed Ian on Tuesday night.
Too bad as Springer was going to make a cameo. :D
Enjoy your Easter break boys.

:knvb: Bullyb dancing on the end of an 11mm rope, yikes!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...

So what do I tell the wife now in order to get out of the Easter Sunday church service? Quick someone, she'll be home soon...

:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell her Big Ian McLean has invited you to his annual Easter Egg hunt at the Firehall.
He puts on a good one apparently eh Ballbaby?

Inside joke,

RF

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Tell her Big Ian McLean has invited you to his annual Easter Egg hunt at the Firehall.
He puts on a good one apparently eh Ballbaby?

Inside joke,

RF

He sure does.

Ballbaby: "Ian, how did the Easter egg hunt go?"

Ian: "Great. It was awesome. I hid the eggs all over the hall and outside behind the pretty flowers and under rocks. I put a couple of chocolates under the Captain's helmet on top of his neatly folded bunker jacket."

Ballbaby: "Did you get those little mini-bottles of Baileys and Crown and hide them on the grounds?"

Ian: "Yep. I even drew the map for future reference to prevent the neighbourhood kids from finding the bottles that the guys didn't find on the hunt. Just like you suggested Ballbaby."

Ballbaby: "Did you come in early and hide all the chocolates and candies so that it would be a surprise?"

Ian: "Yep. They were surprised. I did my best to keep it a secret, just like you said"

Ballbaby; "Way to go Ian. What did the guys use to put all their chocolates and little booze bottles in?"

Ian: "I got them a bunch of baskets"

Ballbaby: "Wow, that's cool. You went all out. Did you feel like Peter Cottontail Ian?"

Ian: "Sort of"

Ballbaby: "Did you hop on down the bunnytrail?"

Ian: "Huh?"

Ballbaby: "Did you feel like Peter Cottonttail hopping down the bunny trail? Hippety-hoppety, hippety-hoppety, Easter's on it's way" (In chorus)

Ian: "What are you on about?"

Ballbaby: "Sing it with me Ian. Let's celebrate this joyeus day. Here come Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail, hippety-hoppety, hippety-hoppety, Easter's on it's way."

Ian: "What are you on about? Ohh. BASTARD!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0