Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - March 2005

Best Day To Play

• Sunday @ 10 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Stew, your original point was that it was based on number of teams..."that's how things are done in the ol' boys league"...now you're arguing your mom's better than mine and that's why she gets more berths... :rolleyes:

stew said:
Aves:

So let me see if I understand how your logic apparently works: "our league is better because we all get to play against each other so we can see how things fall out." Meanwhile, your top teams get free points at the expense of the doormats at the bottom.

what are you on about here?...relevance to..??

So what are you going to base your seeding criteria on? I'm sure Vic and the BC Soccer mob will say "let's give the FVSL more Cup spots just because they say they're better."

I don't recall suggesting that...I questioned why you should get 6 because of your div 2 and div 3 numbers...which you used to justify 6 spots.

Let's talk about that ability issue. Sure, let your 4th place team play our 6th (Sapperton, last year's Cup finalists)...
..ok so you agree...wild card game it is. :D

I know who I'd put my money on, and it wouldn't be Bully's boys. Hey, let them try against the 8th place team (Metro Ford) and see how they do.

I like how you pick the star-studded under achieving team to make your point... :rolleyes:

Normally, we have seeded the top 4 Premier teams into the Provincials, with the next 2 spots open to whichever Premier and 1st Div teams are interested. We couldn't do that this year because of a lack of time to get all the playoff games in before field allotments run out.

sounds like a real tight ship over there..."whichever teams are interested" ???

I'm not disputing the achievements of the teams at the top end of the pile in your league, but look at the situation realistically. You have a 3 horse race, with more than 20 points separating 1st from 4th place. In our Premier, we have 5 points separating 1st from 5th, and in 1st Div 8 points between 1st place and 6th. Tell me which scenario is more likely to produce competitive results?

I thought we were talking about bc berths and how they are alotted...a crossover wild card game would help settle the apples / oranges argument wouldn't it?

I would love to see more inter-league games, and I'm sure more of our teams would too. We tried to get this to happen on an official basis for 3 years, but couldn't get Robbie and Neil to come up with a fit that they liked. Like I told the Toes before: "we'd love to come out and play on your nice fields, drink all your beer and steal all your women." But basically, without some hard results to back up your claims to greatness for the FVSL, your argument is on shaky ground.

why do you need inter-league games?...sounds like you've got it all there already....."my claims to greatness for the fvsl" ...when did I claim that? I questioned why your league automatically gets twice as many spots...you seem to think, now at least, its because of your collective greatness instead of your vast supportive structure of div 2 and 3 teams. At least you've made yourself clear now. :rolleyes:

stirring the hornets' nest,

stew :cool:

If anything else, this will raise the interest level in those first round match-ups. We'll see how it all plays out.
:cool:

P.S. I'm not a present masters player...though I have in the past and will again someday... and still follow the league. (fyi presently at pau premier)

See you in the beer garden one day to further our debate and present witnesses. :D ;)

cheers,
Aves

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
I would love to see more inter-league games, and I'm sure more of our teams would too. We tried to get this to happen on an official basis for 3 years, but couldn't get Robbie and Neil to come up with a fit that they liked. Like I told the Toes before: "we'd love to come out and play on your nice fields, drink all your beer and steal all your women." But basically, without some hard results to back up your claims to greatness for the FVSL, your argument is on shaky ground.

stirring the hornets' nest,

Stew,

I would love to see inter-league play but drink all our beerzzzz....No Way! :p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found this in the FVSL Rumours thread where discussion of a GEU Masters side came up.

FYI boys - Road trips are back on the agenda. :cool:

Arroyobunk said:
Yoda said:
I noticed that the FVSL Masters division has only 9 teams. Might be nice to round that off to 10 with the addition of 1 more team.

the Chilliwack Rapids have recently been granted that tenth spot in the FVSL masters division. although there is already alot of interest from local players, anyone from the valley (or elsewhere) interested in joining the Rapids family can make inquiries by contacting us at Chilliwackrapids@hotmail.com

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, another game bites the dust...well, seems we shouda signed a few more than 18 at the beggining of the year....and we were laughing at P.A. for signing 47..haha..who's laughing now!! :wa:

Seems like I recall gettin a wildcard birth in the B.C.s a few years back while we were sitting in 4th spot...well, we did quite well only to lose to the OTHER sides TOP TEAM in a hard fought 3-2 game....who then went on to get SPANKED by ScUm just like the rest of us... :p

Never mind these cross over games, just give the Valley Masters a couple of more spots and you'll get all the cross over games your little heart desires.. :rolleyes: and we can settle things the way they should be, on the pitch! :D

At the very least let the 4th place in for gods sakes!!

Sincerely,

"The 4th place te...er...tied for 4th place team"

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 left feet:

A suggestion: Trying finishing in the top 3 over there and you will qualify for sure! :D

But a question to the other FVSLers ie Coach, BB, RF. Are you guys sure the 1st game of the Provincials is the April 17 weekend (thats what Big Ian from PAU is saying)? Seems to me that over the last few years it started 1 week before the open starts (ie this year it would be April 10).

Looking forward to it... :)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Love the Ranger vs Firefighter tilt. That's one I'm gonna be at drinkin all of Coaches Gatorade and listening to the pregame Chatter! :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a day.
We got our asses handed to us on a platter.
SU is still the champs and if they continue to play like they did. Look out !

We got close to make it 2-1 and then the boys stompped on the gas.

Well done Regs, Balls , and whoever else you are out there. :rolleyes:

You deserved it and it was fun seeing you boys play like champions agains.

The only down spot was the totally offside elbow to the chops by you know who.

The guy is a horse and is such a good player that it is so dissapointing to see such crap.

Oh well, S U did a hell of a job and deserve all the praise in the world today.

Well done and congrats boys! :)

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

At least you made us feel better about ourselves. ;) Saw the game...very similar to ours actually. You coulda had one or two in the early going...didn't capitalize and were severely punished for it. Surrey U possess an uncanny ability to hold the fort, win games, score goals at vital moments...I guess that's why they're the Western Canadian Champs...

I can't believe I'm about to do this - but in reference to the "elbow"...I was about 10 yards from it, and agree with you about it being unnecessary, and clearly a yellow/red (?) card, but I will say this is...I have been the recepient of "the elbow" on several occasions so I feel I have some expertise...

No one, and I mean no one...gets fouled more often than Howes...I personally have hacked him several times (probably woulda been more if I could catch him), and I saw your team do it at least 4 times (though it coulda been as many as 6-8). At some point in time most people will get fed up and retaliate - this is his way. I know it pisses me off when it's me catching one, but I can see the other side...

I actually thought the game would be a little more physical than it was...don't know if it was the weather, but it lacked the intensity I've witnessed between the two sides before...as did our game with Surrey U the last time...seems both our sides have to up that intensity to have a chance...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Regs, Ballbaby and the rest of SU.

Had to miss the match but by all accounts you pissed on us.

Best of luck in the BCs.

RF

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I see my predictions of ScUm beating P.A. AND Rangers were correct...you see after you beat them, or come close to beating them they get this bug up their ARSE and want to flatten you the next time out....also, when the chips are on the table and its a big game, there is no one better than them....

Prove me wrong and I'll buy a Flat of Beer to the team that beats them in the B.C.s...Valley Teams only, that would be P.A. OR Rangers of coarse... as I would NEVER buy beer for those wankers on the other side...If you don't play them and get further in the Tourney than them...too fcuking bad no beer for you!!! UNLESS you win the whole thing...cause I'm a nice guy....

Just to be fair I'll do the same for ScUm if they advance further than any other Valley Team and had to beat either P.A. oR Rangers or both along the road...NO, ScUm doesn't get two flats if they beat BOTH P.A. and Rangers or beats one of them and wins the B.C.s...YOU ARE the favorite..too bad....Jordy however, gets Coors Lite cause hes too reckless when he's pissed...

Game On....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jordy has taken to wearing his blades and shinnies when drinking after a match so you can up the beer intake for him now :D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
The only down spot was the totally offside elbow to the chops by you know who.

The guy is a horse and is such a good player that it is so dissapointing to see such crap.

:)
Sounds like a Gordy Howe hatrick. A goal with the head, a goal with the left foot, and a forearm shiver. I hope after the match none of the Rangerettes went missing for a half hour, cause that would be takin the piss :p

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to SU on a fine win. I've played with Muz during summer over the past few years and he does take a lot of stick because that is the only way you can handle him. Give him an inch and he's off to the races. Too bad the big man doesn't play closer to home.

On another note; the TTP pole asked what is the best time slot to play Masters footy, not what is the best playing surface. The TTP pole shows that playing on grass on Friday nights is tops.

As for me, I'll see you broken down gray haired bastards next year.
regards
Bullyb

PS Just got tickets to the England vs Columbia game in NY. :knvb:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Aves:

Don't know about the open spots, but that's the only way it makes sense for us O35ers.

FVSL = 9 teams in 1 division
NSCL = 10 teams in 1 division
WCOTSL = 30 teams in 4 divisions
VISL = 22 teams in 3 divisions

do the math, squire....

I've done some more math:

Masters provincials thus far: I think this is accurate

4 island teams 2 wins 3 losses
3 N.Shore teams 2 wins 3 losses
3 Valley teams 5 wins 1 loss (to a valley team)
6 wcotsl teams 3 wins 6 losses :eek:

with Peg heading to the WCOTSL will the n shore league continue to get the same berths as the valley?? :eek:
(Chilliwack's joined the fv league)
I'm guessing more and more "old Boys" are settling down in the valley due to housing costs so this valley thing is not likely to go away. :)

a rather poor showing overall from the "belle of the ball" WCOTSL...but with Peg joining the league hopefully it will raise the standard a wee bit. :p :D

go SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0