Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters 2008-2009 January & February Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope I am not just posting to myself in this thread, but here goes with some more FVSL action this week. Huge Double Header in S. Slurrey on Sunday morning, both games will help to sort out what is going to happen in this very close A side.

Wk 16 Masters A PAU White - Delta Metro Utd Sth Surrey Ath #6 Sun 12.30pm
Wk 16 Masters A Mission Blues - PAU Blue Sth Surrey Ath #6 Sun 10am

Can only hope for this sun in the morning out is sunny White Rock. I don't think there have been many back to back games in FVSL Masters history.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, of the Blue and White PAU sides, which one is the old guys (Brandt et al) and which are the (relatively of course) young guys? Also, does big Ian coach DMU?

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beleive Blue are the "Old Guys" (Brandt et al), but they do have some quality young signings this year too, Chris Clement.

The Rangers are hoping for a PAU Blue win and a Delta vs. White draw on sunday, and the way this league has been going, I can see it happening, the only problem for Blue is, we have taken one of their most dangerous threats (on and off the field) in a BIG deadline transfer. The Rangers have forgiven the BC Final red card and have brought old Miller back to Newton. Many a defender will not be happy about seeing him in Ranger colours.
On the injury front, the Rangers have lost Leading scorer (vs. Mission) RangerForever to a nasty knee injury, he was hurt in the second half on the terrible old Newton turf vs. the team he has had the most success against, Mission. You will me missed but not forgot RF, our thoughts are with the bigman for a speedy recovery.

hos

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the injury front, the Rangers have lost Leading scorer (vs. Mission) RangerForever to a nasty knee injury, he was hurt in the second half on the terrible old Newton turf vs. the team he has had the most success against, Mission. You will me missed but not forgot RF, our thoughts are with the bigman for a speedy recovery.

hos

It looked bad, hope all is well. Took most of both teams to carry him off the field. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big games out in S. Slurrey today, Mission over PAU Blue 2-1 and then Delta over PAU White 3-0. It is looking very very good for Delta and Mission for the top two spots in the league. They play each other, after Mission has an easy make-up game vs. White Rock, nice way to decide the league title, them going head to head last game of the year.
The rest are now chasing third and/or the Masters Cup Title. Rangers have PAU White and Blue left, Adergrove have no more games, so their only hope is the Cup. Quarters of the Cup go next week, Rangers are in Abby, with a PAU White match for the semi, looking like a good possibility.

Division Masters A # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Delta Metro Utd 15 10 4 1 41 13 34
2 Mission Blues 14 10 1 3 40 22 31
3 SFC Rangers 14 8 3 3 49 13 27
4 PAU White 15 8 3 4 47 14 27
5 Aldergrove Utd 16 7 6 3 47 25 27
6 PAU Blue 15 6 4 5 34 19 22

hos

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beleive Blue are the "Old Guys" (Brandt et al), but they do have some quality young signings this year too, Chris Clement.

The Rangers are hoping for a PAU Blue win and a Delta vs. White draw on sunday, and the way this league has been going, I can see it happening, the only problem for Blue is, we have taken one of their most dangerous threats (on and off the field) in a BIG deadline transfer. The Rangers have forgiven the BC Final red card and have brought old Miller back to Newton. Many a defender will not be happy about seeing him in Ranger colours.

hos
Sorry to hear bout the injury Fwase!! That bastard Silver Fox told me it was almost like a Walnut Grove gangland shooting ,only to discover it was that old scab that you tore off your knee again!!!.What a bullshooter!! I should have known. Get well soon!! BK7
known better

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shutts:
It was worse than the scab if you can imagine. ;)

So far, so bad unfortunately. :(
Cue the curtains probably.

Cheers lads,
RF

PS - Well done to Delta and Mission for all but securing the two BC berths.
Jinx, jinx, jinx...:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Trying to decipher what exactly happened to you is like trying to do my taxes - and you know how challenging that can be :rolleyes:

Blown knee? Which one? (need to put it into the vault, so-to-speak)

Regs.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shutts:

Cheers lads,
RF

Sorry to hear the news about your knee big man. I know you were enjoying yourself this year and deserve a better fate. Hang in there and keep yer heed up!

HJ

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Left knee, blown to smitherines...

Haven't got checked yet but it feels like when I did my ACL last time.

Fcuk...

Cheers again boys.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Left knee, blown to smitherines...

Haven't got checked yet but it feels like when I did my ACL last time.

Fcuk...

Cheers again boys.

That's the nail in the coffin RF - I'm officially done. :confused:

I'm just starting to feel half-decent - here's to a speedy recovery bud!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Spare Change, how did you guys make out in Cup this year, boys had a tough time with Appy hey, tough luck bigman, perhaps they need you up front again.

hos

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shutts:

Cheers lads,
RF

RF - Speedy recovery. I'll be rehabing with you big fella. :cool:

Did my left knee, Feb 15th vs. PAU White. Felt like my knee was on fire. Most painful injury I've ever had. Ruptured quadriceps tendon. :eek: Scheduled for surgery March 4th. Not looking forward to it - surgery sounds pretty nasty. [QUADRICEPS TENDON RUPTURE AND SURGICAL REPAIR] :(

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shutts:

Cheers lads,
RF

It can be a miserable time in the 40's! Lots of aches and pains.Fortunately
(except for the wonky knees)i've been lucky(touch wood)in avoiding the big
injury. Slow and steady. Still love playing!! Good luck in your rehab,Frase!!
Shutts7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0