Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama

Nov 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This friday as everybody knows DFC play Coq. :cool: This game will be crucial in determining if DFC is just Simply a Giant Killer or a Giant themselves. DFC being one of the more popular if not the most popular team as of late with their ability to win over the better teams constantly while being lower in the standings, will be trying to make a run at the top 3 in 2C. If the game gets played DFC will be showing that they are now one of the Giants! and all of us will now wait for who or if anybody will fill their shoes and become the next of the Giant Killers. If anybody could make a run from the bottom to the top like DFC has i would have to go with DMU who had a strong showing with a tie against the lions.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like we will finally get to play this weekend as we will be playing on the turf out in Langley. We haven’t been able to play on our home field for the past month because it was torn up by a maintenance truck that got stuck in the middle of the field. Another truck had to pull it out and at the same time added to the mess. So we will have to relocate to another field until it can be fully repaired.

As for our game against the Clones this weekend it will be a big test for us as we lost to them the first time around. We have been playing much better as of late and we are looking like we did towards the end of last season. Its probably to late for us to crack the top3 this year but we will definitely enjoy playing the spoiler to teams like the Clones and Poco. If it cant be us winning the league this year I would like to see the Canes take it. They are most deserving of it.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven, You really take his moderating pretty seriously. You must have a government job to be able to spend this much time on here.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take back what I said earlier. There is still a chance that we could win the league. We have only played 8 games so, if we win our remaining 10 games that would give us 38 points which would probably be enough to win the league. I guess anything is possible.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ sheeps quote]
As for our game against the Clones this weekend it will be a big test for us as we lost to them the first time around. We have been playing much better as of late and we are looking like we did towards the end of last season. Its probably to late for us to crack the top3 this year but we will definitely enjoy playing the spoiler to teams like the Clones and Poco. If it cant be us winning the league this year I would like to see the Canes take it. They are most deserving of it.[/QUOTE]
the game late last year was with a mostly depleted line-up (lousy excuse i know) i was in arizona another central defender was away and so on. i hope we learned from last year and dont let teams like the tigers take points from us .we were up early last time and sat on the lead .i expect more from the tigers this time and i expect more from us .should be a good match .the will deserve to win 2b when and only if they can beat poco saturday and us twice with no more ties only wins

Runt

Nov 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Llama said:
This friday as everybody knows DFC play Coq. :cool: This game will be crucial in determining if DFC is just Simply a Giant Killer or a Giant themselves. DFC being one of the more popular if not the most popular team as of late with their ability to win over the better teams constantly while being lower in the standings, will be trying to make a run at the top 3 in 2C. If the game gets played DFC will be showing that they are now one of the Giants! and all of us will now wait for who or if anybody will fill their shoes and become the next of the Giant Killers. If anybody could make a run from the bottom to the top like DFC has i would have to go with DMU who had a strong showing with a tie against the lions.

You sir are walking a fine line between confidence and ****iness. Personally, I think you should be ****ier considering the team you play for. :cool:

Friday night should be another victory for the Celtic, although we're playing a team that is worse in the standings than us, it could spell DISASTER...... but it won't. This is a golden age for DFC, one that shall never end. :cool:

Runt

Nov 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's my first day but I'm a quick learner and now see the error of my ways. ....cokc... you're a great teacher.

I look forward to perhaps playing your team and fcuking them up on the scoreboard someday.

It really does work, thanks Regs. :D

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
The only jackass here is you. Come out and watch the game this weekend, maybe you'll learn something

hahahaha. you're a joke. first off, i don't know where you play, nor am i gonna waste my time finding out. second of all, i like being the 'only jackass here' that was classic, you're really unique, wasn't expecting that one at all. and finally, the only thing i'd learn by coming out to your game is how easy it is to walk through your team and how much cokc you guys blow.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Runt said:
Friday night should be another victory for the Celtic, although we're playing a team that is worse in the standings than us, it could spell DISASTER...... but it won't. This is a golden age for DFC, one that shall never end. :cool:

Have you folks at the Celtic been the better team in your wins vs. the top teams? If so, well done. You beat us 3-2 in a game I thought we blew. You had 4 chances to score all game and scored on 3 of them... you deserved the win because you finished your chances....

Anyhow.. Good Luck this weekend.

PS: Some of the Gracious players from PM Lions actually spoke with us a few games back about your squad, and told us not to take you lightly... They figured your position in the standings was very misleading.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, our team would dismantle any team that you could possibly play on, and second i doubt your even good enough to shine 08 stars shoes. So why does a jackass like you even like to talk.

Soccer Mom said:
hahahaha. you're a joke. first off, i don't know where you play, nor am i gonna waste my time finding out. second of all, i like being the 'only jackass here' that was classic, you're really unique, wasn't expecting that one at all. and finally, the only thing i'd learn by coming out to your game is how easy it is to walk through your team and how much cokc you guys blow.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Have you folks at the Celtic been the better team in your wins vs. the top teams? If so, well done. You beat us 3-2 in a game I thought we blew. You had 4 chances to score all game and scored on 3 of them... you deserved the win because you finished your chances....
First off, I see the DFC lads are dominating in posters here now...I guess that makes us the Triactor winners lately....on the pitch, on the TTP board, and as always, in post game cokctails! We have never left the park before the opposition (home or away)....as beerman, I take MUCH pride in that more than the other accomplishments...brings a tear to my eye. :cool:
Next, We haven't dominated in ANY of the wins. We play Italian style... hang on, defend well (or desperate) and counter. Since we started our streak, we have played much better in the air, something our club has always lacked, but not any more.
Also, you're full of crap on us finishing 3 out of 4 chances......the first was an own goal that was headed wide, and your right back tried to clear it and he shanked it in the corner. Give him a big hug and thanks for me. ;)
suburbanator said:
Anyhow.. Good Luck this weekend.
PS: Some of the Gracious players from PM Lions actually spoke with us a few games back about your squad, and told us not to take you lightly... They figured your position in the standings was very misleading.
It was misleading, it's now where I thought we'd be....anywhere from 4th to 6th... but we expected to beat the teams below, and not above us...lucky for us we were able to come away with some undeserved wins against the upper crust.
Good bunch of lads the Lions... but they were the quickest to bugger off after the game we played them....VERY pissy out, and it was 8 bells on a Sunday night, and they did just lose their 1st of the year to the last place team... but jumpin fcuk, hang for at least one!!!
I know Johny will be hangin for a few next game...he's a real lush...first ones on me johnycakes!!! ..if he doesn't, and I see him drivin away...first ones on his windshield!! :knvb:
Correction to my MUCH earlier post...I said that no team above us had beaten us...(oldtimers disease) we lost to Hades 1st game 3 - 1... but I thought that game was pretty even in play, and we did open the score...first goal of the season for all of Div 2 (Sat. match)

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
First off, our team would dismantle any team that you could possibly play on, and second i doubt your even good enough to shine 08 stars shoes. So why does a jackass like you even like to talk.

...cuz little shits like you and the rest of your team need to be put in their place. i hope you're enjoying yourself riding 08star's cokc. was that suppose to be insulting? me shining 08stars shoes? the way your going on about him it sounds like YOU are the one shining his shoes dipshit. wait wait....i'm sorry, that wasn't original, let me re-piss. the only thing your team will be dismantling is off of each other's cokc. bitch please, you gotta jump and swing up just to hit me in the knees.

super_man

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
hahaha... good one... shining shoes... brilliant! as a team-mate of the king of smack even i am insulted by such a vulgar insult :mad: . try not to take such large pisses on people in the future, as their feelings may be hurt :rolleyes: .

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your such a fcking loser lol. If you ever get the pleasure of playing the hurricanes i gurantee you that we would kill you guys and that you wouldnt even come close to making any sort of a impact on the game. And why are you calling us little? Not everyone on the hurricanes is still in highscool you chump. You sound like a disgruntled "has been" who needs to come on here and just take personal shots at everyone because his soccer skills are obviously not good enough talk about nor is his pathetic team :)
Soccer Mom said:
...cuz little shits like you and the rest of your team need to be put in their place. i hope you're enjoying yourself riding 08star's cokc. was that suppose to be insulting? me shining 08stars shoes? the way your going on about him it sounds like YOU are the one shining his shoes dipshit. wait wait....i'm sorry, that wasn't original, let me re-piss. the only thing your team will be dismantling is off of each other's cokc. bitch please, you gotta jump and swing up just to hit me in the knees.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go again with the tswasswasaaswnen Crew and the Hurryupwithmycanes ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
ewe dipshits kneed yer own room

And by the way..... SHAVEN... Sheep posted 3 in a row..... he should be spanked......HARD..... :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:
I'll do it ... please oh please oh please.....pick me to spank him!!! :wa:

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Have you folks at the Celtic been the better team in your wins vs. the top teams? If so, well done. You beat us 3-2 in a game I thought we blew. You had 4 chances to score all game and scored on 3 of them... you deserved the win because you finished your chances....QUOTE]

Like the Guru said, we do play a very defensive style..."Italian style" as he likes to put it. But it does the trick. To say we were better than the teams we beat would be unfair, but that's not to say that we didn't deserve the wins. The other teams all had more possession of the ball than us...between 60 - 75% I would say, but, in true "Italian style", we didn't allow many goals. Then all we had to do was capitalize on the few chances we did get. You have to play to your teams strengths, and ours is defense.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC 5th place 18 goals against div 2c. Thats three strikes your out right there nobody wants to hear about your team. A defensive style like Italy you have 18 goals against we play pretty much all out attack and have 7 goals against. sounds like guys have a future in div 2 a long future. As for the hurricanes win the league then talk about how good you are. i know you guys have a good team but you haven't proved anything yet. Also on another note I think its a bit shitty that winning your division doesn't guarantee a birth in div 1. Thats a year of consistency and hard work thrown out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0