Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] March '06 Results and Banter

Soccer_player said:
just posted on fraser valley website

Dewdney Vs Aldergrove at Pitt Meadows Saturday 12:00
Where is this posted, because it's not under "schedule" on the site yet?

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

guru said:
Where is this posted, because it's not under "schedule" on the site yet?

Take another look under the week of march 25 and 26 its there I think it was just posted today...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cantuzzi said:
Take another look under the week of march 25 and 26 its there I think it was just posted today...

Yup.... it went up about an hour ago. But how did you see it before it was posted? ? I looked for an hour after your post and it wasn't there.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude,
your teams loss to Aldergrove surprises me alot, when watching my team play them, i didnt think they would trouble you guys much. When they beat us "handily" we were playing with a depleted squad and were not on our game... the game didnt have the intensity of matches between our teams earlier this season...
Regardless, you guys better win your next two games, as much as us gunners enjoyed battling you guys this season, we dont want to find ourselves in the same spot next season. :D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored said:
That is terrible - less than a weeks notice to field a team for a game that you played all year to get a shot at. Bullshit.

Yup bullshit can't make it but I thought we were playing all year because Guru brought beer out and these three games were just going to be more of the same. Maybe Guru can bring beer to my work and it will be like I never missed the game.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

STD said:
Yup bullshit can't make it but I thought we were playing all year because Guru brought beer out and these three games were just going to be more of the same. Maybe Guru can bring beer to my work and it will be like I never missed the game.

Guru should bring beer to your work. Maybe then you would be more productive at the office than you are on the pitch.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dutch08 said:
Dude,
your teams loss to Aldergrove surprises me alot, when watching my team play them, i didnt think they would trouble you guys much. When they beat us "handily" we were playing with a depleted squad and were not on our game... the game didnt have the intensity of matches between our teams earlier this season...
Regardless, you guys better win your next two games, as much as us gunners enjoyed battling you guys this season, we dont want to find ourselves in the same spot next season. :D

Dutch,

You just answered your own question. It's one of those "on any given Sunday" things. We could not develope any flow, and they played a very good game vs. us. They did trouble us in that they run and tackle hard, constantly. This isn't a ball possesion team, they create chances off of havok. The bounces on that crappy pitch seem to all go their way. I tell you, their Premier squad would be wise to keep Parkside next year, that's worth 9 points right there.

We just didn't get it done.

The score isn't a good indication of the battle though. They got one early (about 30), and for the next 15, we each had one called back. We were in their half for almost the entire 2nd, and had a second called back, and they scored two in injury time with us pressing everyone up.

I'd like to get those guys on our turf, on Saturday night.

Whatever; onward and upward.

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude,
Is that the same turf you scored two own goals on?
theFenian

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was one, and all I did there was make a sure fire 3-1 victory into a tight 3-2 nailbiter. Brilliant finish, though. Timmy couldn't have saved that if he tried.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see that the rest of the games 'In the Fight for Promotion" aren't listed yet. I am not one to jump on the league for every little thing but how can you not know when the games can be played??? This shouldn't be very hard to get scheduled. If they could give us a little less notice for the last 2 games that would be great.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored said:
.... I am not one to jump on the league for every little thing....

yes you are ...

bored said:
but how can you not know when the games can be played??? This shouldn't be very hard to get scheduled. If they could give us a little less notice for the last 2 games that would be great.

I'll send you updates when they post them...
but that hardly matters since you'll be down unda ... :rolleyes:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored said:
I see that the rest of the games 'In the Fight for Promotion" aren't listed yet. I am not one to jump on the league for every little thing but how can you not know when the games can be played??? This shouldn't be very hard to get scheduled. If they could give us a little less notice for the last 2 games that would be great.

I'm not one to jump to the league's defence on a regular basis, but I will say this: It seems this season it has been difficult to schedule matches due to weather, field availability, and the like. I suspect, while this does not excuse the lack of notice, that the league is having these issues in coordinating the Promotion playoff matches. I'm not certain, but think its a viable explanation.

~Shaven

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

shaven said:
I'm not certain, but think its a viable explanation.

Sounds like a fancy way of saying that they have a good excuse when they don't . 5 days notice for a game that is supposed to be somwhat important is stupid. The teams in the playdown played 18 games for the reward of playing in the round robin - to then give 5 days notice is dumb. Have they booked the rest of the games yet? Notified the teams yet?

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

i agree with bored, to not give proper notification to the teams as to when their games are and where is completely irresponsible and demonstrates a lack of awareness of how vital these playdowns are to the teams involved. if i remember correctly, the playdowns were much later last year and teams still did not have much time between being informed of the game times and the actual games. the league needs to be properly organized especially with having the experience from the year previous.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Game time for the Dewdney Bhoys hopefully they are feeling better than I am because if not Aldergrove are going to shite kick them. Good Luck and thanks for the Gumby shots, who'd of thunk yellow and purple are the new sexy colors.:)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Celtics 2 Aldergrove 0 with about 20 minutes to play. Celtics are all over them. Aldergrove totally outclassed.

Celtics had some old guy in net. He moved around like he was about 70.

JTL

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL youre a real arsehole, he doesnt look a day over 60.
Aldergrove got one late 2-1 final, considering Dewdney didnt even know if they want to move up Aldergrove coulda just come in and scooped up the points, but they are one of the less classy teams weve seen so we put up a lot more effort than we might have. Except for the guy who stretched me out when i cramped up, i love him. Regardless of the score for langley-aldergrove i think that game will be a beauty, hopefully we have some bodies for that one, first time we were short all year today. 2B must be awful.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good job Guru and the Bhoys, come on Dude get your shite together man and ****off to Div1 will ya.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

LUFC 2- Sporting 0

Good hard fight out at MAP tonight. The boys definately bounced back from last weeks exhibit. We won all of the battles and finished our chances. The Garden Knome owend his 18 like he should. Am proud of the boys tonight.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Should be a blast to play the old Poco Prem boys, can't wait for this tilt.

All tied up now on points for the three div 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0