Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] March '06 Results and Banter

Looks like we're going to attempt to re-play our final match w/ the Royals on Sunday. This will decide our table.

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

great. another trip out to the boonies. just the thing i need to complete my sunday. finally sleeping in just wouldnt be any fun at all. that being said, give us our $50. hopefully we actually play this game, there seems to be some jinx against this game ever being played. perhaps the gods of langley dont want to see their team stuffed for promotion :D . im not planning on anything more than 75% effort :eek: and may actually not play 90 minutes, and im sure others on the team will be doing the same. gotta keep healthy for the cup run, don'cha know.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Right then.

Weather forcast looks good. Hopefully a small plane won't crash on the turff that morning.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the only accidents we'll see come sunday is you running
up the right side of the pitch! It's a bloody train wreck waiting to happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't make me take your wife dancing.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

r0y4l said:
great. another trip out to the boonies. just the thing i need to complete my sunday. finally sleeping in just wouldnt be any fun at all. that being said, give us our $50. hopefully we actually play this game, there seems to be some jinx against this game ever being played. perhaps the gods of langley dont want to see their team stuffed for promotion :D . im not planning on anything more than 75% effort :eek: and may actually not play 90 minutes, and im sure others on the team will be doing the same. gotta keep healthy for the cup run, don'cha know.

How is Langley the boonies? Ttown to Langley isnt that far!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks good out here right now. Hopefully the locusts stay away.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LUFC and Tsawassen were 1-1 at the half. That is when I left.

Tigers 2 - 1 Clones.

The Clones were all over us today. The GEU keeper stood on his head and kept his team in it. We hung on and won it in the final five minutes on a PK. Nice way to end the season.

Thanks for the beer George. :rolleyes:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

THIS JUST IN

LUFC 3
ROYALS 1

Sorry Gunners. Hard luck. I know you guys wanted to promote.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gunners had a great season, and were as worthy as competition as I and several others on this team have faced in three years. Class group, class players, class coaching.

We'd better damn well earn promotion up, because I can't see us beating these young turks for the table next year.

Utah will follow w/ a game report. ;)

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats LUFC, you took the points when you needed too, well done. Good luck in the promotion tourney and I hope we will see you up in Div.1 come next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, I guess since Utah can find time to comment on he, as well as Paul McCallum being selected to Guinness' Fantasy FVSL All-Star team (he could only name me coach...guess he feels my all-star days are behind me. Beg to differ...we just won div. 2A you know.), and why GN should play off against Squamish, he hasn't had time to give a dissertation on our match. So, here we go.

We started off the match exactly how we wanted, using pace and possession to break them down, and create opportunities. In fact, in the 1st 10 minutes, we rang two off the cross bar, and had a couple of sitters go just wide or over. There wasn't much coming back the other way, but on their first advance up the park, they earned themselves one of several free kicks on the day (Mike Hill was officiating...usually very good, yesterday a bit whistle happy). They lob one into the box, which ends up on Chris Clement's foot, who somehow bobbled past our goal line.

Shortly after that, they had a run where play was even for a good 20 minutes, but then we started to pick it up again, mostly breaking in off the left side or through middle. About 35, Clement took one of his long throw-ins, ball skips into the box, and Jeff Shea got a slight flick on it, back of the net. BUT...Mr. Hill disagreed (in his defense, the flick was more just a slight touch, easy to miss), and ruled the goal invalid, saying it was a throw in. Unlucky, but to our guys credit, they buckled down and got back to work, instead of wasting too much time moaning about it. In all honesty, too, had the situation been reversed, and the goal was in question that way, I'd want it called back too. Needs to be 100% clear, and this was an important match. So, can't take issue with his decision.

With about 2 minutes left to the half, we were able to tie it up on a long Clement free kick into the box. Big Collin got his noggin on it (about three of us LUFC guys challenging), and deflected it in. Ugly, mucker goal, but we'll take it.

Second half, we took greater control, knowing we could outpace them. About 65 minutes, Chris took another long throw in, this time the right mid with wavy brown locks met the ball in the box, trapped it off his nut sack to a cheeky little left foot volley from 2.5 yards out. It was probably not as pretty as that sounds, but hey, what can you say about veteran composure? Well done Dude, thanks Dude. Pat pat.

At about 80 minutes, the goal of the game. Jeff Shea collects the ball at about 45 yards, has one defender to beat. Fakes him inside, then goes to his left and around, enough space at 18, and fires across the goal to ripple the onion bag, and allow us to breath a monstrous sigh of relief. Give the guy a bit of space, and he's clinical.

So, 3-1 final, and a happy, happy room after. Step one of two, but winning this group wasn't easy. Sure, there were a lot of easy games, but certainly some tough ones, too. Looking back, one of the biggest points we earned was the 1st game vs. the Titans, scoreless tie, with a very short and depleted line-up. They took it to us that game, but we stuck it out for the point. In the end, there was really one game where our composure and experience let us down, and full marks to the Gunners for taking advantage to give themselves a chance. As far as seasons go, this has been one of the most- if not the most- enjoyable I've had in years. Great group of guys that play hard for each other, train hard, play with a sense of urgency, and enjoy having a few pints after. That's what it is all about.

This play-off, judging by the teams earning the spot, will be tough (if current standing prevail). I guess it really remains to be seen, so we may be sitting for a spell here waiting. Now we just need to finish what we started, but thank God we're past this first step.

Crafty...exhibition?

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

so. good day for the gunners. they lose promotion and get knocked out of the cup. awesome, awesome stuff. see you guys in div 2 again next year :D .

as for our game, not much to say. they wanted it, we didnt really care. the "goal of the game" as referred to by dude, well, it was a goal, but i wouldnt call it great by any means. LUFC is a very insulting team, calling us names like "thierry henry" and "justin timberlake". we always find it very insulting to be told we look like famous people. very horrible stuff. anyways, wouldnt be surprised to see them back in div 2 at the end of next season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You guys stopped wanting it as soon as we tied it, which is why, no matter what we do, you will be in div. 2 for life.

I think the Justin comment wasn't Timberlake, it was that Justin guy from American Idol. I'll try and get a photo up here, so you can understand.

I like how one of your guys told Sean that he didn't appreciate his "Racial Slur", when he called him Thierry Henry. Right, talk about thin skinned. Hint: if you are French, you basically can't pull the "Racial Slur" card, especially for something that soft. Honestly, a bit of a slap to all the real racial minorities out there whom have actually had to deal with real prejudism. Not just the French, I mean. But, it makes perfect sense...the French are famous for folding the tent, calling it quits, waving the white flag...so maybe there is a similarity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts