Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] March '06 Results and Banter

Jack The Lad said:
Celtics 2 Aldergrove 0 with about 20 minutes to play. Celtics are all over them. Aldergrove totally outclassed.

Celtics had some old guy in net. He moved around like he was about 70.

JTL
It's not how old you look, or how old you are.... it's how old you feel ! ! And I feel like a young and spry 59 year old :)

The Guru was stellar in the pipes, don't you think :D There was that one I had to actually fall down to bat away.... then there was the other one I had to scoop out of the net.... Man I'm exhausted still :rolleyes:

If it weren't for Sliders dad yelling to me with 10 left "Hey, looks like the shut out should hold up" .... there may have been one... or if Keith had have whistled the final at the actual final, even with extra time added. But he knew he screwed up, and blew it down as we kicked off... What a putz...

Keith, if you read here.... break out some cards once in a while to get things under control... just telling people over and over again you're not going to put up with it any more doesn't work... you warned the same jack ass 4 times!!! 21 is just a little piece of dirt! Elbows and fist to the back and head time and again... Tons of late shite as well from a lot of Ald., and why not, no cards, no warnings... nothing from Keith!!! The guy should retire if he's going to ref like this !

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Should be a blast to play the old Poco Prem boys, can't wait for this tilt.

All tied up now on points for the three div 2 teams.

We are very excited - we have upped our practices to once a week in anticipation.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored said:
We are very excited - we have upped our practices to once a week in anticipation.

Sorry bored, but pay-per-view this Wednesday... Maybe we'll try for thursday....

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

that aldergrove is quite the dirty team, when we played them after they realized they werent getting back into the game, their big striker tried to run our goalie. also #21 is a hothead and im surprised he doesnt pick up more cards, plus he's easy to piss off.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bluenose said:
that aldergrove is quite the dirty team, when we played them after they realized they werent getting back into the game, their big striker tried to run our goalie. also #21 is a hothead and im surprised he doesnt pick up more cards, plus he's easy to piss off.

If the big guy is number 8.... he's a tit as well... #21 is a decent ball player with speed, but if he keeps up this crap, he's going to get hurt... he'll piss off the wrong guy and he'll lose a leg.... or nose! :eek: If he thinks by agitating people he's being effective, he'll find it only lasts till he's shite kicked. He can't play with a broken limb...

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

guru said:
If the big guy is number 8.... he's a tit as well... QUOTE]

#8 is probably Craig Mennen. He's a Monster, plays HARD and probably one of the toughest lads in the division. Coached against him for years and coached his even larger Big Brother for a while.

I don't recall him being a tit, just big. You have to mark him when he's going to the net, simple, not a great shooter but a good 18 yard box mucker.

PS: if you were #21 and had Craig backing you up...you'd be a dick too.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

guru said:
Keith, if you read here.... break out some cards once in a while to get things under control The guy should retire if he's going to ref like this !

Wow, he must have taken a break from being a complete homer. Every game I have seen him do, (Usually Wolves Etc) he is so one sided and follows the lead of his assistant referee (Also known as the home team's management).

Out.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

suburbanator said:
Wow, he must have taken a break from being a complete homer. Every game I have seen him do, (Usually Wolves Etc) he is so one sided and follows the lead of his assistant referee (Also known as the home team's management).

Out.

And JB out in Langley isn't one sided either:rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

If it's raining tonight do we still have to play or would Langley be interested in calling it a draw and going for a drink instead? Not that I am a sissy that doesn't like to play in the rain I just don't want to get wet if I don't need to.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Done- meet you at the Murrayville Pub, about 7:00.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:
And JB out in Langley isn't one sided either:rolleyes:

The way JB is looking this season, that's a pretty large side...:eek:

I'm not trying to be too judgemental, but he's way out of shape and can't keep up with the play at all.

I think a re-vamped off season training program is in order.

~Shaven

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

All in all a great battle out at MAP. By no means am I trying to
say which division is better. I just think LUFC had the better
chances and opportunities on the night. I think his name is WES, tried to get GURU to call the game with 30 minutes left in the game. Loved when Guru threw the flag at the side lines as if to say "What the **** do you want me to do about it?"

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK, home after doing my very best to avoid shots. Failed.

Will write more tomorrow, but expected WAY more fight out of DFC. Especially w/ Matty in the middle, Jay on the back end, and even an injured Skytrain. Osame...your team would have been better off with you working in the middle w/ Matt.

5-2 final...we've done our part. The REST OF YOU?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

utah said:
All in all a great battle out at MAP. By no means am I trying to
say which division is better. I just think LUFC had the better
chances and opportunities on the night. I think his name is WES, tried to get GURU to call the game with 30 minutes left in the game. Loved when Guru threw the flag at the side lines as if to say "What the **** do you want me to do about it?"

These two teams playing is no indication of which "group" is better. That's always going to be a debatable topic.

Also, Wes was only relaying a message from the ref, and I found it insulting that a ref would suggest such a thing. A game is 90 minutes, and whether it's 5 - 1 or 25 - 0, a game is 90, and I'll play it out... that's the way it should be. When he pulled himself, it was because he didn't want to risk a card, and not play next week, so I understand that and I wasn't pissed at him for it. I was already pissed off long before that...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was a typical game by LUFC, but man for man they outplayed everyone on DFC. Outworked, outran and out"wanted" it more than us. A little chippy from behind by LU in the first 20 or 30 minutes. Some nasty wacks, but after #23 was removed from the park, (who was pissed to the gills), it settled down quite a bit to be a fairly decent game. Talking with Snowman after the game we came to the conclusion that we dominated for upwards of 10 .... maybe 15minutes !! other than that, we were chasing shadows and were dominated.

This isn't excuses here, cuz I think we would still have lost this one, but missing Bored and Woody up front, which would have allowed us to put Sliver on the back with Jay like last week against Aldergrove. Missing your top two scorers hurts in a game like this. Not much service to Sliver and Gumby up front. With STD with a pulled hammy, me with a pulled groin, and Skytrain with a pulled quad... (that's a lot of pulls...) we were like the walking wounded out there.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Guru, but Wes was asking the ref to call it, not the ref suggesting he call it.

TheInfamousWes

Apr 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wrote a nice big reply explaining what happened, complained about what an a$$hole that ref is for about a page and a half then suffered from a momentary case of computer illiteracy, and lost the whole post. Since i dont care enough to replace it, let me sum up.

When asked by a langley player how much time, the ref responded "25". I jokingly said "5?" After the ref responded "25", and I again said "5?", he said that if we wanted to call it early, we could. I asked Guru, he declined. Case closed.

Langley deserved the 5-2 win, none of the refs calls changed the final outcome, but man that ref is an a$$hole.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

TheInfamousWes said:
When asked by a langley player how much time, the ref responded "25". I jokingly said "5?" After the ref responded "25", and I again said "5?", he said that if we wanted to call it early, we could. I asked Guru, he declined. ...

This is so "Wes", I have no doubt that this is EXACTLY what was said, how ever, as I said earlier I was already pissed about some of the comments made back in the first half and later, that by the time Wes asked me that I was ready to just walk away from this club... and Wes took the brunt of my be pissed, so for that I appologize to Wes here.

When it became clear that we were going to be in this playoff following the Dynamo game, I asked everyone to vote on whether we were interested in playing off or giving that honour to DMU. It's undecided whether we even want to play in 1st, but EVERYONE but myself said they wanted to at least play the games, therefore I said OK. At the time we were down 4 - 1, and we weren't going to win this one, but no way I was going to have everyone say they wanted to play them, and us just walk off the park during a shelacing... also I don't think anyone wanted to just give up... you at least want to lose with class, but there is the fact this one was over, and you don't want to risk injury to an already hurting team, nor risk cards and deplete even further... tough one to call, but playing it out was the best thing to do.

Anywho, regardless of the ref being an "unhappy" fellow, as Wes said, it wasn't his doing we lost, LUFC was far better in this one, and deserved the win.

Any info on the Aldergrove/Surrey game?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what I heard it ended in a draw. Not sure who won in pk,s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0