Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] March '06 Results and Banter

Battle of the Toilet Bowl
Poco City Athletic 4 GEU Wolves 0. Mabye 1 chance for GEU, could have been way worse for them.

Stupid new relegation rules put the Wolves in Div 3 even though thier 17 points would be more than enough to keep them safe in the other 2 div 2 divisions.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shitty for the Wolves that thye might have to go down a Div, most of the players will try out for the crusaders next year looks like some big big changes in GEU land

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bored said:
Summed up pretty well.
Langley boys wanted to battle but tough without a full squad.
Nice towine the laegue, bit of a falter down the stretch but good fun for the season.
Play downs next I guesss. Go the Celtic.

You guys going to come on up to Div 1?

Rumour has it that one of your ex-div 1 players is afraid of the level of play in Div 1....just a rumour. ;)

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
Shitty for the Wolves that thye might have to go down a Div, most of the players will try out for the crusaders next year looks like some big big changes in GEU land

Let me get this straight. You have a team coming down from Div 1. Obviously you want this team to be strong and return to Div 1 right away. To do this you are going to add players from a team relegated to Div 3? Jesus Christ and I thought Poco City had problems.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

canuckboy it's something like that, big big changes next year from the top down to the bottom in GEU......but don't quote me on that.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

heanjob said:
You guys going to come on up to Div 1?

Rumour has it that one of your ex-div 1 players is afraid of the level of play in Div 1....just a rumour. ;)

We have an x-Div 1 player?
I don't know if we have decided if we are going up or not. I believe their are 4 teams that are going to fight it out for the 3 available Div 1 spots. The other 3 teams may have something to say about our promotion.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So, we have LUFC "A", the Celtic, and I guess the other two squads have yet to be sorted out, right? Looking like Sporting will be the div. 1 side, unless they can score more than 6 MORE goals than Whalley in their final match, and I suppose Aldergrove looks good to advance out of their group (especially since they are now out of the Cup).

So, any insight as to when we can get this competition going? Sounds like it will be a good tourney. Hopefully before the end of April; that's when I stop being a soccer player for the summer (There you go boys, pitch down the middle), and head to the Alps for a little mountain biking.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was a comment on the week-end that it was after the cup is finished. I recall that but not everything else, between flips shoe tosses and free kicks it gets a little foggy.
Does anyone know if shoe toss is an olympic sport?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was a comment on the week-end that it was after the cup is finished. I recall that but not everything else, between flips shoe tosses and free kicks it gets a little foggy.
Does anyone know if shoe toss is an olympic sport?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bored,

It's a demonstration sport, picked up by the IOC after they gave Curling official status. I'd suggest you compete for Australia, though, where you may have a better shot of making the National squad. Not as well known over there, so you could be like the Jamaican Bobsled team, of sorts.

That's a long way off. Utah, get on your horse and get us an exhibition.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jack The Lad said:
Prediction bulljimmy.

3 Div 2B teams in the semifinals. Just a thought. We'll see what happens.

JTL

How is it the weakest group is best represented in the cup :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bored.... you should have waited a few hours longer to post... still a little snoggered there from the post game shoe tossing, and subsequent swilling, eh buddy?!?!
ewer riting iz badlee werdud....

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guru / Bored

If you guys are up in the air about promoting and decide its not what your team wants, would you guys be willing to give us a crack at the tourney for promotion? I heard a rumour that your team was not interested in moving to division 1 and if thats the case we would like challenge for it. Your comments would be appreciated.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

DJGMC said:
Guru / Bored

If you guys are up in the air about promoting and decide its not what your team wants, would you guys be willing to give us a crack at the tourney for promotion? I heard a rumour that your team was not interested in moving to division 1 and if thats the case we would like challenge for it. Your comments would be appreciated.
We took a vote after the game and it turns out all but myself wanted to play in the promotion tourney.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

guru said:
We took a vote after the game and it turns out all but myself wanted to play in the promotion tourney.

Fair enough. Good luck in the tourney boys.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

poor jack the lad, at most, i think, its only, shall we count it, one 2b team that could, possibly get into the semi's? so close....

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bluenose said:
poor jack the lad, at most, i think, its only, shall we count it, one 2b team that could, possibly get into the semi's? so close....
WTF does he care.... he'll be on the 1 team that makes it....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

DJGMC said:
Well we drove all the way out to Pitt Meadows today only to find the Dynamo down a man due to a lack of players and a couple Div 3 call ups. Celtic scored about 15 mins in. LUFC could not create any chances but they looked like if they held the Dewdney boys, they may have got a lucky one. After the
2-0 score at the half, it looked like the Langley boys were pretty much done and it didnt take long for the Celtic to pot another 4 goals. Langley was able to put away 1 breakaway goal but it meant nothing as the game was over before it even started. To bad the game meant nothing to Langley because that was not the team we played a few weeks ago. On the bright side Langley has had a great season and we got outside for some sunshine and cold beer. Congrats to Celtic for winning the league. BTW, you suck Roo !

If by suck you mean fcuking brilliant then I strongly agree. It was nice to have the Delta boys out supporting us but you could have come over and bought a congatulatory round and we would have signed a few autographs for you.
I would like to congratulate myself on scoring two great goals (yeh I said two) and mention what a honor it was for the rest of the team to get a chance to play with me.

signed

Awesome. no better make that Mr Awesome

ineedtotogoshoppingforanewhattheoldoneistoosmall

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

STD said:
If by suck you mean fcuking brilliant then I strongly agree. It was nice to have the Delta boys out supporting us but you could have come over and bought a congatulatory round and we would have signed a few autographs for you.
I would like to congratulate myself on scoring two great goals (yeh I said two) and mention what a honor it was for the rest of the team to get a chance to play with me.

Buy you a round. You dont need a congradulatory round for beating the team Langley fielded that day. Congrats to you though Roo for skinning 2 solid Div 3 players for a pair of HUGE goals. Any player from the special olympics wearing a hockey helmet could do what you did against those guys. Next time I see you I will let you autogragh my ass after you kiss it.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Div 2 take the piss just won't be the same without Celtic.

Just wondering if anyone is going into the North Coquitlam Hades tournament. The link is on the FSVL main page (I have a MAC and am too dumb to copy and paste), Slick website, looks very interesting with a $10,000 top prize, linesmen for every game and television for the final. The $1000 reg fee will keep a lot of the poorer teams out though, sorry Guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0