Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2: Results and Banter Jan '05

Best record in Div 2, based on possible points from games played, by season's end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i got word the royals WILL be playing coquitlam tomorrow night. the field was moved from blue mountain to some turf field though. meh, works for me, i just wanna play. should be a tough one for us :confused:

i was also curious to know....shaven?....why the royals were left off the poll for most points by seasons end? if anyone should've been left off it should've been the 2C teams.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Regs said, a few years ago it was not uncommon to play a cup game on a
saturday and a league game on a Sunday of the same weekend. One time my team
was involved in a game where the team we were playing in a league match was also
a team we were meeting in the cup and the game was winner take all because they were so far behind in the league and the cup.

super_man

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
No way. If we can't all play, or at least the vast majority of us, then there's no way the few turf games can be a go. I know you're itching to play bulljive, but think about it: Because of the amount of games this weekend, and mostly Cup matches, its just unfair and unequal that a handful of teams get to play, or are forced to play. Just doesn't make sense. If anything, the make-up games should be scheduled for the turf, to get the league tables a bit more balanced. Cup play should wait for more stable weather.

~Shaven

no way, lets just get this going. the teams that are going to play cup games this weekend are pumped for that, and thats the way it should be :wa: . league games should be made up during the week on any playable field.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
royals play on charles best turf at 8pm against coquitlam if anyone wants to head out.

Man I hope a 2c team beats you so you will shut-up and stop posting!!

Lets go Coquitlam!!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Man I hope a 2c team beats you so you will shut-up and stop posting!!

Lets go Coquitlam!!

i'd respond with some type of meaningful insult, but you aren't worth the effort. have a good night douchebag.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
i was also curious to know why the royals were left off the poll for most points by seasons end? if anyone should've been left off it should've been the 2C teams.

The honest answer to that question Mom is that, IMO, the Royals will not be a factor in the race for the 2A title, and that then will result in your squad not being on par with the rest of the squads I put in the poll from a points standpoint. With all that the Royals have experienced in the past couple of months with player defections and injuries, which has been echoed in your poor results recently, it is my opinion that your squad is on a downward slide, not an upward curve. No offence to you or your squad, just my perception of your season. Props to the 2C teams, as you're curious, stem from the fact that they are, quite frankly, stronger than yours, and are in an arguably tougher all-around table.

Hope that explains my reasoning to you, though I doubt you're happy with it. :D

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just putting it out there...anyone recall if Soccer Mom has ever responded to a post without adding a personal insult somewhere in his reply? :confused:

~Shaven

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
The honest answer to that question Mom is that, IMO, the Royals will not be a factor in the race for the 2A title, and that then will result in your squad not being on par with the rest of the squads I put in the poll from a points standpoint. With all that the Royals have experienced in the past couple of months with player defections and injuries, which has been echoed in your poor results recently, it is my opinion that your squad is on a downward slide, not an upward curve. No offence to you or your squad, just my perception of your season. Props to the 2C teams, as you're curious, stem from the fact that they are, quite frankly, stronger than yours, and are in an arguably tougher all-around table.

Hope that explains my reasoning to you, though I doubt you're happy with it. :D

~Shaven

fair enough i suppose. but if you look at how many games the 2C teams have played compared to 2A, there's a difference of generally 2-3 games. yet we have only 5 less points than the top 2C (who have played 2-3 games more, not exactly sure how many) team i believe and we're in 3rd place. i can understand why you think 2C is a stronger all around table, but in my opinion they're just a bunch of decent teams, with the exception of the top 2, with no shite teams like GEU in 2A or the Coyotes in 2B.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
Hey Yoda

What's this about our teams practicing on your home fields! What home fields you guys don't have any! There always closed!

Cheers
Rex

Even worse then, not only are you practicing on OUR fields but when there closed as well! (Insert wagging finger here)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey bluenose, shaken off the rust yet for this weekend? :D

bulljive, blaz, et al...coming out on Sat. night for a peek at Mackie, or have you got a pressing engagement with 'The Polar Express' at Strawberry Hill 'round 9:30ish? :eek:

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry i didn't know watching a movie had become unhip and nonfashionable what was i thinking... i don't really get the piss take. but hey i didn't realize being bald was cool either....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven,

have i shaken off the rust? going by how i was striking the ball at practice, i will be lucky to see the park on sat. this sat will be a much better game than the last time out against you guys as hopefully our keeper wont pass it to your striker 25 yards out from goal and the other myriad of mistake we committed. should be a cracker of a game as we need to get prepped for our meeting with the clones next week, not to downplay our meeting in the least. and (hopefully) no one will be drunk or hungover as was the case last time, no excuses this time out. good luck and see ya on sat under the lights.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The hurricanes team is showing a little bit of rust as well coming off a long break. Hopefully we do not go back to playing like we did in early september. With a couple of key players out with injury this weekend for us, look for a close game out in abby against a solid columbia team. My personal prediction is we come out with a W in a close 3-1 affair.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one excited to be finally playing a game this weekend. This thread has been dead lately so I have been pissing of all the wankers in the div 2 vmsl thread

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Am I the only one excited to be finally playing a game this weekend. This thread has been dead lately so I have been pissing of all the wankers in the div 2 vmsl thread

at least you are good at something !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0