Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2: Results and Banter Jan '05

Best record in Div 2, based on possible points from games played, by season's end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1-0 White Rock

Quite honestly and no offense to shaven, but we should have put a few more at least past you guys, as everyone seems to say. A hard fought game but with the clear majority of chances falling to us. It started off fairly slowly with not too much going on for either side. We started to pick it up and started to miss our chances. We had several high quality ones that were just sitters that our forwards could not convert. And the one we did score, the keeper fumbled the ball and our striker tapped it into the goal. We followed that up with one of the post when it was easier to score and several other chances until half came about. In the second half White Rock was much more determined for the first 15 min or so without creating any chances. After that, we regained control of the game and sat on our lead as we were not having any success at the other end despite the chances we were still generating. White Rock continually used the long ball all day and once that was discovered, and quite quickly, we adjusted our game to suit. #12 and #13 had strong games for White Rock but were more than often in a league of their own on their team. In conclusion, a decent win going into cup next week.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1 - 0 White Rock

I have to agree almost totally with Bluenose's assessment of our match last night. It was our first game on turf, which showed, but I thought at times we aquittted ourselves well. We had a few chances, and if we had converted we might have stolen a point, but lost to a better team. A good match, hard fought and well played.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 3 Wolves 2

Played one of our more solid games this week, our team really didn't show much rust at all. Whalley is a solid squad but very beatable on a good day. We had a 5 minute lasp that cost us 2 goals in 2 minutes. I think we did a very good job controlling much of the game. They play a strong kick and flick style where they punt the ball has hard as they can up the field and hope the flick of the head puts there man on...seem to work today on us for 5 minutes. Congrats to them though. I scored a little to late in the second half to start any flow to push for a win.....on to the Titans next week.

Our ref should also have his head checked....he had the worst mouth I have ever seen displaced on the pitch....the way he talks to people I don't know how they still let him ref, we have had him threes times and each game he has verbally abused both teams and stated "He doesn't give a shite, he can throw anyone off at anytime". Oh well thats my beef.....I think he will get whats coming to him soon enough......A PINK SLIP! :D

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Lions 2 Eagleridge Hades 1

Good game both ways, we scored first on a great header then 10 min later they evened it up with a run and strike down the wing, 15 into the 2nd we got the game winner of a run from half and a nice spin move around the last d man. Over all a solid game. On to Whalley next week for a battle for first.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard fought game out in abby today, we showed rust in the first half but then we remembered we're the mighty hurricanes and dominated the second half :D The final score was 2-0, cant wait until the big showdown against poco this friday kinda dissapointed with the time though, 9 on a friday night is kinda hurt but watever cant wait! Im going to call the league and get exact measurements on the cup trophy cause i need to make space in the ol trophy case! :eek:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 4 - Donegals 0

First game back showed some rust but Donegals did not really show up either. Big game this Friday night and we are looking forward to it. Big down side of the day was Kevin Ardron being taking away in an amabulance with what looked like a broken ankle. Head up Kevvy and we will see you soon.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice to get back to some ball this weekend after a two month layoff .it sure showed in our play.the first forty five was dreadfull and we were down 1-0 to the worst team in our div.we started the second half strong a scored two in the second half for the victory.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star Im going to call the league and get exact measurements on the cup trophy cause i need to make space in the ol trophy case! :eek:[/QUOTE said:
(trophy case or head case ?)
dont forget a picture of your ass so you can kiss it good bye when you play the clones

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 1 Tigers 0

Dreadful game today by the Tigers but then again it has been a dreadful season. We show up at the field out in Alderbush with our nice white jerseys with an accent of red on the shoulders, black sox and black shorts only to see that the other team is wearing the same kit as us except instead of red on the shoulder they had green. The ref asked if they had an alternate jersey and they said they did not. Of course we complained about it but the ref decided that there was enough of a difference to tell the teams apart for him. We had alternate bright orange jerseys but elected not to go with them as it was not our responsibility to do so. Needless to say it may have been a good idea if we had.

In a sea of white and with a minute left in the fist half our keep picks up the ball after making a save and tosses it to one of our defenders who actually turned out to be one of their strikers who then walked in one-on-one with our keep took the shot which he did a great job of saving I might add, but then on the rebound the ball was popped in by one of their other strikers. Once again we complained about the jerseys. At half time we switched to our orange ones and played the second in our alternates. What a joke.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your coach should have demanded the other team change jerseys and would be wise to put a protest in.

What's a lasp?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Aldergrove 1 Tigers 0
In a sea of white and with a minute left in the fist half our keep picks up the ball after making a save and tosses it to one of our defenders who actually turned out to be one of their strikers who then walked in one-on-one with our keep took the shot which he did a great job of saving I might add, but then on the rebound the ball was popped in by one of their other strikers. .
That's fricken funny :D Christ the off side calls must have been a nightmare? Did the keepers have matching jersey's as well? You guys should have still been able to tell the difference between the two teams I mean you guys are the fat ones right? :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree a bit ridiculous but if the ref made you play and you had another kit why not just put it on in the first place. it only takes a minute. I know orange and fat don't mix but what can you do

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it really doesn’t mater as we played the second half in our pumpkin jerseys and still couldn’t score. The ref did say he would note it and send it in with the results. And by the way we are not that fat.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They just needed an excuse on why they lost again. They don't seem to want to admit that they are a terrible team no matter what color they play in...gravity will take them to the basement since they more than outweigh all the other teams and the fact that they're shite won't help them out !!!

:eek:

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 2 Columbia 0

It was good to get games in this weekend before the big Cup game on Friday. We were awful in the 1st half, but scored a couple of big goals in the 2nd half to pick up the 3 pts. We took a gamble and rested some key injured players this game in order for them to be ready for Friday. It worked out as we managed to win this game without them, and now we will have a full squad for Friday. Lookin forward to it.

redwoods said:
Poco City United 4 - Donegals 0

First game back showed some rust but Donegals did not really show up either. Big game this Friday night and we are looking forward to it.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ndfc 1 titans 0
win is a win reguarless on how it goes..and it didnt go great....thought we did pretty good but just couldnt burry the chance which is the hardest thing to get back...game went down to 10 men for both teams and then field got a lot bigger...i went for a small run today and came out okay which is good cause missing soccer is f*cking brutal.....i think we play sat night on turf so beware....out

sheep doesnt mean s*it what colour you wear could be pink,orange,or green when you havent got a great team wearing the jersey what else would you expect but a loss......out but protest casue youll most likley win it...

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are not going to protest. Thats not our style. We are way to far out of contention in the standingd for it to make a difference anyway.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
And by the way we are not that fat.

Alright Sheep, you all will now be referred to as 'big boned' from now on to avoid hurting your feelings. :D

Sheep said:
We are not going to protest. Thats not our style. We are way to far out of contention in the standingd for it to make a difference anyway..

You really should protest, and bollocks to this 'not our style' shite. The protest mechanism is there to keep us all honest and within the rules, so to not use it when appropriate does us all harm in that it allows squads to undermine the whole system by not adhering to league guidelines. I'm not trying to blow this out of proportion, but having an alternate jersey is basic stuff, and its really sad if you let 'grove get away with that because you think your season is a lost cause. Rules are rules Sheep, so do us all a favour and file the protest to keep things in line.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
ndfc 1 titans 0
win is a win reguarless on how it goes..and it didnt go great....thought we did pretty good but just couldnt burry the chance which is the hardest thing to get back...game went down to 10 men for both teams and then field got a lot bigger...i went for a small run today and came out okay which is good cause missing soccer is f*cking brutal.....i think we play sat night on turf so beware....out

sheep doesnt mean s*it what colour you wear could be pink,orange,or green when you havent got a great team wearing the jersey what else would you expect but a loss......out but protest casue youll most likley win it...

How do the Titans look? We have them in cup play this weekend? Anything special about them and do they really deserve there on epoint which they have?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
We are not going to protest. Thats not our style. We are way to far out of contention in the standingd for it to make a difference anyway.

Thats a good one....don't like to protest :eek: How did you get those 3 points off the Knights last year Sheep.

See how your constant talking on here in getting you know where....."Where not a last place team......We have games in hand......"

Spare me please :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0