Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ricky will never score 3 goals against the Titans in one game let alone all the games we face him this season. That is a guarantee! I look forward to the new groupings as there should be some great matches and some interesting comparisons made as we head into cup play later in the season.

I don't want to make too many predictions as I prefer to sit back and read everybody elses and get a good chuckle. But with some limited knowledge, I'd look out for the Rams (strong side from last year), and I know from the past PoMo has always been good. There is a lot of depth in Div 2. Teams go about winning in different ways and playing to their strengths, but that makes for what should be an interesting 08-09 season.

And PS...I can't believe there are 3 people that have picked us the Titans to win 2A. After 6 years, a U21 Cup, Knights Cup, Final loss and Semi-final loss last year it would seem people don't think we're such flukes after all!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth it is the start of the year:rolleyes: how much fun was that yesterday at our annual seven a side tourney. do you think it could rain anymore:rolleyes:

Surrey99

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley did not fold - they are Div 2B (down from Div1).
I think Whalley and SUFC did a swap ( how else did SUFC a mid to low level Div 2 team - go to Div1)

Whalley Strikers are now - Surrey Strikers
Whalley United is still Whalley United

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, The Nomads have 1 sweet schedule!!!

Look out for the massive kilometers in 2C ;)

The furthest we travel from home is a nice little jaunt across the river in PoCo week #1 and just down the highway to east Abby in week 3. Other than that we cross zero bridges, and only travel to the heart of Whalley twice!

Some highlights for the Nomads schedule:
-Week 2 vs ND Titans, where our Keeper and one of out attackers played before they came to the "Good Guys"
-Weeks 5 & 14, LUFC Derby Days against the Wolves.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
-Week 2 vs ND Titans, where our Keeper and one of out attackers played before they came to the "Good Guys"

The Titan's are in for a tough season if big Steve's injury was serious last night, losing a keeper like him is not a good start to the season. Any update on him Titan4life?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you guys play last night?

score? Scouting report? ;)

3-2 us. As for a report, don't play on Newton #7, pitch is horrible. And don't trust it when your keeper says that he played for the Arizona state champions a couple years ago. Worst keeper I've ever seen. I scored a nice goal :D They had a lot of guys still trying out so I'm not sure who will be on the final squad, but not one of their guys would start for us if that helps. Except for their goalie. Who may now be hurt.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the price of Gas you would think they would make the groups a little better. not that I care my company pays for all my gas.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any news on the Guilford team in 2A we play them first week... we have an exhibition game against our div 1's tonight, should hopefully show us how ready we are for the season

Looking at 2A and there are two 8:30 sunday games... could you not have found a better time?

only 2 teams with grass home games - looks like we should get some practice time on the turf!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
8:30 on a sunday sucks...how many stick around for a pint after that!?!?!

The Guildford team in 2A IIRC was in our group last year in D3. They did not earn promotion, and were gifted it after they finished behind both us Nomads and LUFC Rangers in third place.

I remember them being a strong team, good on the ball, but not good at staying close to their marks, and were very susceptible to quick breaks...

Strong in the middle of the park and good in the air...at least that is what I remember...

We beat them 2-1 and 3-2 last year, they definately gave us our best competition in the group last year and are not an easy team, and will be eager to prove they belong in D2.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at 2A and there are two 8:30 sunday games... could you not have found a better time?

No, welcome back to Div 2, I know you love those late kick-offs...kick-off time has something to do with not being 1) a female team or 2) under 21 or 3)part of PAU club, and 4) teams complaining last year that there wasn't enough time between games on the turf field, so they decided to have a break between games instead of back to back.

Hence our usual 8:00 (makes all the difference to you I know) kick-off is now 8:30. (lets hope they remember to set the lights up appropriately).

As for Guildford, you should be fine, they don't really like the physical style that you guys play. However, they do have some skill in midfield, and pass the ball around reasonably well if given the time/space.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 us. As for a report, don't play on Newton #7, pitch is horrible. And don't trust it when your keeper says that he played for the Arizona state champions a couple years ago. Worst keeper I've ever seen. I scored a nice goal :D They had a lot of guys still trying out so I'm not sure who will be on the final squad, but not one of their guys would start for us if that helps. Except for their goalie. Who may now be hurt.

Hahaha, smack talk after a friendly that could barely pass for div 3 soccer... awesome. First of all, there were no nice goals in that game. Your team also only managed about 4 shots on net, one being a PK, and one after a whistle. Second, I'd be less concerned with our lineup and more concerned with the fact that if that's the team you're bringing to div 1, then wow, you're gonna have a fun year :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha, smack talk after a friendly that could barely pass for div 3 soccer... awesome. First of all, there were no nice goals in that game. Your team also only managed about 4 shots on net, one being a PK, and one after a whistle. Second, I'd be less concerned with our lineup and more concerned with the fact that if that's the team you're bringing to div 1, then wow, you're gonna have a fun year :D

Take that back, my goal was sweet :D But then again you seem blind so it may not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0