Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL has the preliminary Alignments out
Division 2A Aldergrove United; Langley Nomads; Langley Wolves; Guildford Utd; North Delta Titans; Poco Royals; Surrey Coyotes A; SFC Caps; White Rock Utd; TBA

Division 2B ACBC; Coquitlam MF Ajax; Golden Ears Pumas; LUFC Athletica; LUFC Clones; North Coquitlam Utd; Port Moody Lions; SFC Bullets; Whalley United; TBA

Division 2C Abbotsford Arsenal; Dewdney Celtic; Golden Ears Rams; LUFC Knights; LUFC Rangers; Langley Players Utd;Port Moody Gunners; Stolo United; SFC Pegasus Rangers; TBA

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & Spetmeber 2008

2A) Nomads or Titans (The Nationals folded and supposedly the Titans have been recruiting, and not necessarily just from the old Nats.)

2B) Athletica or ACBC. Athletica have a few old Wolves on their team this year if the grapevine i was listening to was correct.

2C) Stolo will get lots of points due to travel to get there, Knights are improved if grapevines are correct.

2A) 1 trip north of river for all teams away to go to Poco Royals. (3 Langley, 3 Surrey, 1 White Rock, 1 Poco, 1 North Delta)
2B) Good mix of North and South fraser teams...(1 Burnaby, 2 Coquitlam, 1 GEU, 2 Langley, 1 PoMo, 2 Surrey, 1 TBA)
2C) Decent Mix too (3 Langley, 1 Abbotsford, Geu, Dewdney, PoMo, Stolo :eek: 1 TBA, 1 Surrey, there are some serious commutes in this division)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & Spetmeber 2008

I'd look at Guildford Utd in 2A, they looked good last year, and were walking through their Knight's league (I know it's summer).

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't. Not that I would take them lightly, they are mysteriously promoted to 2A after finishing 3rd in the 3A last year.

Guildford won the standings in 2 South in the KSL, but lost to the Pylons who have mysteriously been relegated to 3 (probably a TBA at this point since they are not 2 or 3 on the FVSL Preliminary alignment)

Guildford went 10-4-4 last year. They lost away twice early, once to ND and once to GEU, then lost to us twice. They finished up real strong along with LUFC Rangers.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't. Not that I would take them lightly, they are mysteriously promoted to 2A after finishing 3rd in the 3A last year.

Guildford won the standings in 2 South in the KSL, but lost to the Pylons who have mysteriously been relegated to 3 (probably a TBA at this point since they are not 2 or 3 on the FVSL Preliminary alignment)

Guildford went 10-4-4 last year. They lost away twice early, once to ND and once to GEU, then lost to us twice. They finished up real strong along with LUFC Rangers.

Pylons were deducted 6 points for an ineligible player and that put them in to relegation. Honestly though, you guys shouldn't be touched and to not dominate your group would be a disappointing season.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about that...Win maybe, but utter domination?
We have lost Ryan Canavor to ACBC Premier. He was good for like 25 goals last year, and in all honesty should be playing premier.

We have added a few others Mostly on the back end...however we may be announcing a new signing after tonite....I bet you are waiting with baited breath ;)

Looking at the group, 2A, Where is WestCoast What!? Are they a fines related TBA team?

WRU 8-7-3 for second place
Westcoast What!? 9-4-5 for third
Clones 8-3-7
Sikh 6-7-5
SFC Caps 6-4-8
Titans 5-6-6
Coyotes 5-5-8
Pylons 4-6-7 (Really 6-6-5 but had 3 points deducted)[rlegated to 3A?]
Nats 2-5-11 [/ouch & fold/merge with Titans]

I have a feeling this will be a major parity division this year...only one team leaked over 30 goals last year, the mid table Caps...We know we aren't going to score 70 goals in 18 games again...We had some easy ones (21 goals in first four games of the year and 8 in one game against a very lack lustre SFC Stars (who folded and merged with the Bulletts this year) on the second last game of the year)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about that...Win maybe, but utter domination?
We have lost Ryan Canavor to ACBC Premier. He was good for like 25 goals last year, and in all honesty should be playing premier.

We have added a few others Mostly on the back end...however we may be announcing a new signing after tonite....I bet you are waiting with baited breath ;)

I have a feeling this will be a major parity division this year...only one team leaked over 30 goals last year, the mid table Caps...We know we aren't going to score 70 goals in 18 games again...We had some easy ones (21 goals in first four games of the year and 8 in one game against a very lack lustre SFC Stars (who folded and merged with the Bulletts this year) on the second last game of the year)

I didn't realize you lost Carnie, but you should still do well with Hauser and Franchise, if in fact he decides to play in Langley. I know the Titans tried to pick up some guys from us (last years cuts) but I'm not sure if they're playing with them, we have a friendly next Monday.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know we (Aldergove) are looking for a big year this year in 2A... should be some good competition - We have always had good battle with the ND Titans and WRU... and I heard the Langley Wolves were good last year... 3 more weeks.... can't wait

Cantuzzi

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We still have Web and Ricky(who has decided to not take the year off afterall after leading the wolves in goals last year as a call up from us IIRC)

a glut of versatile wingers/Strikers that can finish is what every team needs, and we have absolutely zero shortage of that :D

Add to that Lima, Zio, big Josh, and Tre from the middle (had probably 15-20 between them last year) and we are good to go.

Our problem last year was that we relied heavily on housearrest, our D was shoddy from time to time, probably due to the fact that we had 6 guys racing up the field to score goals and not track back, We have improved dramatically imho there by signing 2 or 3 guys.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We still have Web and Ricky(who has decided to not take the year off afterall after leading the wolves in goals last year as a call up from us IIRC)

Actually i took the scoring title haha, Ricky was like tied for 3rd... which is still amazing for a call up, but we picked up a few good people that can help put the ball in the net. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0