Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford Storm; Columbia Bearcats; Dewdney Celtic; Golden Ears Pumas; Golden Ears Titans; Langley TBA; Mission SC; North Coquitlam United; Port Moody Magpies; Surrey Coyotes

That is some serious travel for surrey in 2c. I would be pleading for re-alignment into 2a. A switch with langley clones would seem better for everyone. 2a also looks to be the most open of the divisions. I can't really see a really good div 2 side in the group.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford Storm; Columbia Bearcats; Dewdney Celtic; Golden Ears Pumas; Golden Ears Titans; Langley TBA; Mission SC; North Coquitlam United; Port Moody Magpies; Surrey Coyotes

That is some serious travel for surrey in 2c. I would be pleading for re-alignment into 2a. A switch with langley clones would seem better for everyone. 2a also looks to be the most open of the divisions. I can't really see a really good div 2 side in the group.

Aldergrove United; Coquitlam MF Ajax; Golden Ears Rams; Golden Ears Tigers; Langley Wolves; Poco City United; Poco Royals; Port Moody Lions; SFC Bullets; Whalley Strikers;

We have some serious travel as well, with basicall only the Bullets and Langley being within 20-25 min. Last year was better, it seems as crappy Surrey and Langley teams are abundant in D3, whereas theirs a boatload of teams from the Golden Ears and Coquitlams areas in D2. Either way the Jetta's getting lots of KM's this season. Would agree with your take on 2A, and I'd watch out for Abby in 2C.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b is going to be a tough group with Coquitlam being probably the weakest team but they can only be better then last season. I haven't heard of this WOlves team from Langley. and the Bullets are new to Div2 but are a good side from what I remember of them when played them in Div3if they have stayed the same that is.on a serious note we lost another player last night. He was in a car accident and is lucky to be alive. he was hit from behind in his parked car by a car traveling 70km/phr. really lucky to be walking and amazing he's still alive after his car was totalled and they had to pry him out. it's going to be a tough year for the Rams. we seem to have a jinx on us this season.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b is going to be a tough group with Coquitlam being probably the weakest team but they can only be better then last season. I haven't heard of this WOlves team from Langley. and the Bullets are new to Div2 but are a good side from what I remember of them when played them in Div3if they have stayed the same that is.on a serious note we lost another player last night. He was in a car accident and is lucky to be alive. he was hit from behind in his parked car by a car traveling 70km/phr. really lucky to be walking and amazing he's still alive after his car was totalled and they had to pry him out. it's going to be a tough year for the Rams. we seem to have a jinx on us this season.

It does look like our group will be tough from what I've heard. Since it's going to be a tough year for you does that mean no betting beer on our games? Conceding defeat already? Glad to hear your teammate is going to be alright, you hate seeing stuff like that.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No beer bets Stallion as we are a team of guys that go to AA meetings sorry. I had a chat with him today and he still doesn't know how he walked away from the car after it was smashed. I mean they had to use the Jaws of life to get his car open.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No beer bets Stallion as we are a team of guys that go to AA meetings sorry. I had a chat with him today and he still doesn't know how he walked away from the car after it was smashed. I mean they had to use the Jaws of life to get his car open.

KH, PM me and let me know what's up! This does not read well at all...

~Shaven

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

That is crazy as we've all seen it go the other way too, hopefully he'll be back to normal ASAP, although it sounds as though he's not too bad, very good to hear.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When Wallsie brought your beloved Nationals up from Div. 3 he was quite eager to have me join his squad. In fact, I would have been his starting sweeper or centre back that season. He thought quite highly of me then, despite his and your protestations about me now. So, you can go on with what you believe is witty banter about how I'm old, I'm broken, I'm desperate...fact is, I've got plenty of game and you know it. Oh, and I've also never lost to the Nationals either in a game that actually meant anything. So stuff it,~Shaven.

You go girl...:knvb:

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When Wallsie brought your beloved Nationals up from Div. 3 he was quite eager to have me join his squad. In fact, I would have been his starting sweeper or centre back that season. He thought quite highly of me then, despite his and your protestations about me now.....So stuff it, and stick to what you're best suited to at this point: Stand on the Mackie sideline, drink your Budweiser, and heckle those who are actually still playing the game...and be ignored. You've got nothing to say worth that's noteworthy anyway.

~Shaven.

Every year we seem to get off on the wrong foot... good thing I'm left footed.

I remember when you came to a couple practices... too bad you decided to go elsewhere. I think you would have been a key piece of the backline... and who knows, maybe things would have gone better that year. It is still a bit of a sore spot with me. How so many subs would rather rarely see the pitch in Div 1, over playing on a Div 2 team in the same club. Not to mention all the other BS that came out of that year... but that is another story.

Back to the banter...

1. Protestations??? - is that even a word?
2. I never drink budweiser
3. I imagine your whiney,girly, high pitch voice whenever I read one of your posts... just though you should know...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guitarman,
I noticed on the FVSL website you guys are looking for players, did you lose a bunch of guys over the summer?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Protestations??? - is that even a word?

As a matter of fact:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
prot·es·ta·tion (prŏt'ĭ-stā'shən, prō'tĭ-, -tě-) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. An emphatic declaration.
2. A strong or formal expression of dissent.

Further, I have to agree with KH in that your point about riding the bench in Div. 1 over quality playing time in Div. 2 (in the same club, no less) is not the desirable option, and having done it I can honestly say that was a poor choice on my part. That said, I think that I'm a better player for that experience having trained with some good players and watching some good football as well first-hand. Your point is well made, BL, and well taken.

~Shaven.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure about that Franchise... I just bought some new gear for between the pipes. Atleast I'll look like I know what the hell I'm doing.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice to see someone is finally SHAVEN your hairy balls KH:eek:!!!
another season; another jock eh shaves:wa:.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya that'll be cool playing you guys Franchise! I will only be able to make the Friday night games and maybe 1-2 sundays as I work.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our old boys will need to work hard again this year as their not getting any younger . We're always in all the games and definately go in hard but lets face it you need to be fit to challenge for the top. Should be alot of fun and it's too bad my keepers shirt doesn't have a collar as I can't even put it up to prevent the burn from the red light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0