Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] October 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 6-2 Peg.

Played short...only 5 subs...I almost had to dress...Dam swine flue..we were missing 8 guys...We still showed and played....
Peg a good bunch of guys..they played hard to the end with no chippy stuff.
What What Whats next.....WESTCOAST....

If u call having 5 subs playing short, then I can honestly say that a good majority of team on here, including us Nomads, having been playing short all year. Think we've only had 5 subs to a game once. I'm jumping for joy with 3 subs, haha

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
He kicked the ball away, you steamrolled him. That was a foul regardless of whether or not he was the keeper. Should have been a red card, no question. Any honest person with a decent background knowledge of the sport would agree. Ref even admitted in retrospect that he probably should have sent you off. I'm not accusing you of going out intending to hurt anybody, but you should have held up more than you did or made an attempt to avoid the collision when he's outstretched and vulnerable. That's just the plain truth. Credit you though for having the class to apologize.

As far as the rest goes, I don't really follow. What you're saying is basically that the only reason you didn't beat us is because you guys weren't very good? I'm not sure if you have a point in there somewhere, but I can't really argue with that I guess. That sounds more pointed at your team than mine. How many times can you say you didn't play up to your potential, when almost every weekend your results and posts are the same...you come on here spouting the same old crap about how you lost cause you played like sh*t.

Looking forward to that t-shirt superstar...didn't we all start coming on here to hear what you have to say? ;)

You are a little bitch. I steamrolled no one we collided. Steamrolling is when one player is standing still and the other continues through. How could I have avoided him??? completely jump out of the way??? I went hard, he went hard and I am a bigger guy so he got hurt. You need to start playing golf or tennis if you don't want things like that to happen. As for outstretched and vulnerable he wasn't in mid air and wasn't even in his box. You're a ****ing idiot if you think he was outstretched and vulnerable. He came out to play a ball that was on the ground we arrived at the same time.

Maybe next time we can collide. So that maybe you can get some sense. And it's not an excuse to say we didn't show up. Yes we didn't play up to our potential and should have beaten you guys but we didn't. Oh well I guess that's why we meet twice a year.

WestCoast...What??? people need to stop all this crying, this site is running out of tissues.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough Ladies! It was a fifty/fifty ball. We are both big boys I was going for the ball so was Westcoast. We are both slow and fat so it must of looked like a hell of a turtle race from the sidelines. I don't remember the hit. I don't think Duff was trying to intentionally hurt me at least I don't think he was. When two big guys are committed and go for a ball it is hard to get out of the way (in a clumsy way). Had the roles been reversed I definately would be upset as I know this is a rec soccer league. My goal is to go to work without injury. I was called up to help the Knights because of the accident involving their players. Shite happens. Duff apologized, if he meant to injury he would have not done that, he would have ttp'd me ;).

It doesn't change the fact that it ended a tie. I don't know if I would have saved the two goals. A tie is not a loss and there will be a rematch.

It has been two week and the puking has stopped at least and the dizziness is not happening as much, hopefully I'll be good in a couple more weeks. The only team that lost in all this was my masters boys LUFC Athletics as they have no back-up right now due to suspension and lost their last two games.

Lets move on.

fresh

Aug 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another idiot rebuttal. Nobody's crying I'm just calling a spade a spade. He definitely took one for the team there; he's a warrior for sure. It would have made a world of difference to have him in net the rest of that game. Turned out to be the difference between a tie and a win. And you're right, he got the short end of the stick. It was a cheap shot regardless of his intent. Cheap shots do happen, and unfortunately they're part of the game.

Dude, seriously, thank GOD that Robj came here and clarified/testified that it was a 50/50 ball. Even your forwards were saying that they didn't know what the yellow was for as both players were going full force to the ball and neither had any intent of harming the other. There were no slides, tackles, whatnot to cause any intentional damage.

GET THIS:
2 players
1 ball
2 players running towards the ball facing each other
Player A gets there a split second ahead
Player A kicks the ball
Player B arrives
Both players collide

I hope this breaks it down enough so that you can digest what happened.

Honestly, I (and many other players including some on your side) don't even think it was worth a yellow.

But certainly a foul. Westcoast got the yellow. Robj got injurred and we were all sorry for that and none of us want to see players limping off the field. Westcoast went after the game an apologized.

Seriously give it up, as it is getting annoying especially when your own teammates are seeing it differently.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appreciate the boys defending me as Westcoast does his boys defending him. It's over and for the record Westcoast I like to think I'm the reason we didn't get demoted not your paperwork :).

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well put Robj shite happens. Its a pretty intense game at times and everyone is playing hard. No intent to injure ( i'm sure ) by Westcoast.

Hope U recover quickley and get back to playing.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If u call having 5 subs playing short, then I can honestly say that a good majority of team on here, including us Nomads, having been playing short all year. Think we've only had 5 subs to a game once. I'm jumping for joy with 3 subs, haha

I was TTPin

But you knew that.;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough Ladies! It was a fifty/fifty ball. We are both big boys I was going for the ball so was Westcoast. We are both slow and fat so it must of looked like a hell of a turtle race from the sidelines. I don't remember the hit. I don't think Duff was trying to intentionally hurt me at least I don't think he was. When two big guys are committed and go for a ball it is hard to get out of the way (in a clumsy way). Had the roles been reversed I definately would be upset as I know this is a rec soccer league. My goal is to go to work without injury. I was called up to help the Knights because of the accident involving their players. Shite happens. Duff apologized, if he meant to injury he would have not done that, he would have ttp'd me ;).

It doesn't change the fact that it ended a tie. I don't know if I would have saved the two goals. A tie is not a loss and there will be a rematch.

It has been two week and the puking has stopped at least and the dizziness is not happening as much, hopefully I'll be good in a couple more weeks. The only team that lost in all this was my masters boys LUFC Athletics as they have no back-up right now due to suspension and lost their last two games.

Lets move on.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon. That doesn't sound like a fun time.

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
bradner wins 4-2 over athletica... how many wins do we need before we dont have to worry about being relegated? lol..

good game... although one of athleticas defenders should get reimbursed for the haircut he got.. ZING!!!!

Tough game for us. (athletica) we had 9 until half... Surprisingly played better down 2 men. Lots of open play and good chances at both ends. Props to bradner for putting 4 past our keeper... Who unfortunately was our injured centre mid. We were THAT short.

Who's the defender you are talking about with the terrible haircut? I'm trying to think the 4 we started at the back and am clueless...

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets see how many exuses Duffy comes up with after getting spanked by the worst team in the Div.

In Duffy's defence, I believe SFC Caps are the worst team, but of course they beat Westcoast SC. So I guess there's a conudrum...where are the bloody power rankings when you need them?!?!....I guess we can call the Titans the worst team since they lost to Westcoast....haha either way 2B seems like a pretty weak div...except for ACBC, Guildford and the Nomads...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he means your left back. Have to agree with shorty, they definately played better down 2 men. They kept it even until the half with 9. When their other 2 players came on in the second ,they seemed to lose what momentum they had.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could I have avoided him??? completely jump out of the way??? I went hard, he went hard and I am a bigger guy so he got hurt
For the 1st time ever duffy im on ur side! Both players always have a decision to back out of a 50/50 ball, especially keepers. Every keeper is going to rocked and hit a couple of times a season, its the choice we make to play that position. The referee will always protect us 1st since we are the ones diving face first or arms first to save a goal. Granted some players are dirty and try with an intent to injur, but it sounds like duffy was havin none of that. Most players dont even have the respect to appologize after a hit and duffy appologized and that shows class. I know I would be pissed as well f he hit me, but its part of the game being a keeper you have be a little crazy in the head and willing to put your body on the line!

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to Brander on their win. That will be a huge win for you guys and will probably keep your from getting relegated. Bottom team in each div goes down? bottom 2? i dont know.
I need help on a question for DIV 2A: Is this the most defensive division that I have ever seen, or are these teams just the worst finishers? Top team has 10 goals in 7 games???? Something odd here....

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To say Div 2b is weeker is not really fair. There is no way of really telling until Cup time so in all fairness to The weeker teams in our Div2b please refrain from calling us and them the weeker Div2.
Thankyou

LOL

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To say Div 2b is weeker is not really fair. There is no way of really telling until Cup time so in all fairness to The weeker teams in our Div2b please refrain from calling us and them the weeker Div2.
Thankyou

LOL

Fair enough but IMO it seems like a pretty weak div ;)

IMHO I only see the top 3 teams in Div 2B competing for the Cup, but you never know in cup play as you lose you're out. Anything can happen, So if you shite the bed in your first cup game than I guess you're not strong team?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Duffy's defence, I believe SFC Caps are the worst team, but of course they beat Westcoast SC. So I guess there's a conudrum...where are the bloody power rankings when you need them?!?!....I guess we can call the Titans the worst team since they lost to Westcoast....haha either way 2B seems like a pretty weak div...except for ACBC, Guildford and the Nomads...

Ask and yee shall receive

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Ten DUffy Reason's for West Coast Losing to Sikh Temple United
10.0 Our goal net was 2 if not 3 times larger than theirs.
9.0 The Ref was east indian, i don't care how nammer he looked he was definately brown.
8.0 I should have listened to Yimmer from the Sideline I know, but i have control and power issues.
7.0 I was way to busy combing my Fohawk to even concentrate on Soccer.
6.0 The ref was brown.......
5.0 I was too busy thinking of exuses to post on this sh@% to focus on the game.
4.0 I saw a really nice turtle dove flying around and forgot to shoot.
3.0 The ref was definately brown.
2.0 Truth be told I don't know f%$# all about soccer.... ( that would be way to easy )
And the # 1 exuse is.....
1.0 EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT I AM THOMAS MILLS LONG LOST SON. THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD RELEGATE ME.

Cheers for now Boys
Stay tuned for next weeks TOP TEN....

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Ten DUffy Reason's for West Coast Losing to Sikh Temple United
10.0 Our goal net was 2 if not 3 times larger than theirs.
9.0 The Ref was east indian, i don't care how nammer he looked he was definately brown.
8.0 I should have listened to Yimmer from the Sideline I know, but i have control and power issues.
7.0 I was way to busy combing my Fohawk to even concentrate on Soccer.
6.0 The ref was brown.......
5.0 I was too busy thinking of exuses to post on this sh@% to focus on the game.
4.0 I saw a really nice turtle dove flying around and forgot to shoot.
3.0 The ref was definately brown.
2.0 Truth be told I don't know f%$# all about soccer.... ( that would be way to easy )
And the # 1 exuse is.....
1.0 EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT I AM THOMAS MILLS LONG LOST SON. THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD RELEGATE ME.

Cheers for now Boys
Stay tuned for next weeks TOP TEN....

No point in doing one for next week cause that sucked, needless to say i wont be staying tuned for your next attempt at comedy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0